THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

"Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go!" :laughing7:

Have to make my lunch now and get ready for work... hope you all have a great week. :icon_thumleft:

Oh-oops, was that your lunch?
DC469CF0-6A7F-4E9A-B328-B4FAD59B99BB_4_5005_c.jpeg
Stop counter surfing Max.
Have a great day Dave.

Good morning.

This weekend went from sugar to spit quickly. After a few hours of working Friday evening, we went to Portsmouth Ohio to buy some supplies we would need for the next day. After driving through Portsmouth, getting what we needed and complained about the druggies everywhere, we started for home. It was night time, and my friend was driving. Halfway there, A big buck just appeared in the middle of our lane, so suddenly, We didn't have any time to brake. I threw up my arms to shield my head, and that was all I had time to do. There was a loud thud, and I was showered with glass, and I looked up to see the top of the deer's head completely through the windshield inches away from my own head. The car was still rolling when the body of it slid off. John could see where we were going, and the car was still "working" so we slowing limped back to Garrison to asses the damage. We were going 45-50 mph. in a 55 mph zone, so we weren't speeding, but we had absolutely no reaction time. I was so covered in glass, I couldn't move unless I'd get cut. As soon as we stopped in Garrison, the car started leaking antifreeze and began to smoke, which is why he promptly shut it off. It's totaled. The whole weekend got screwed up by that.

He's fine, and I'm fine. A lady in the gas station came out and asked if I was alright, because I "looked traumatized" (the deer went through my section of windshield only, I was the only one to get totally showered with glass, which was why I was shaking all my clothes out and stuff. I even had it in my hair) I said "Yeah, I'm fine, I'm just mad at the s.o.b. for making me late for dinner!"

Good morning RR and bill

morning Bill and RR.

Good morning.

This weekend went from sugar to spit quickly. After a few hours of working Friday evening, we went to Portsmouth Ohio to buy some supplies we would need for the next day. After driving through Portsmouth, getting what we needed and complained about the druggies everywhere, we started for home. It was night time, and my friend was driving. Halfway there, A big buck just appeared in the middle of our lane, so suddenly, We didn't have any time to brake. I threw up my arms to shield my head, and that was all I had time to do. There was a loud thud, and I was showered with glass, and I looked up to see the top of the deer's head completely through the windshield inches away from my own head. The car was still rolling when the body of it slid off. John could see where we were going, and the car was still "working" so we slowing limped back to Garrison to asses the damage. We were going 45-50 mph. in a 55 mph zone, so we weren't speeding, but we had absolutely no reaction time. I was so covered in glass, I couldn't move unless I'd get cut. As soon as we stopped in Garrison, the car started leaking antifreeze and began to smoke, which is why he promptly shut it off. It's totaled. The whole weekend got screwed up by that.

He's fine, and I'm fine. A lady in the gas station came out and asked if I was alright, because I "looked traumatized" (the deer went through my section of windshield only, I was the only one to get totally showered with glass, which was why I was shaking all my clothes out and stuff. I even had it in my hair) I said "Yeah, I'm fine, I'm just mad at the s.o.b. for making me late for dinner!"

You're lucky that it wasn't worse RR.
Hitting a long legged anything at those speeds is dangerous as it takes the legs out and they fold over into the windshield.
I hit a doe in the winter of 11/12 and it was at 20mph with the Tundra. 3 tons of truck sliding on ice=$6000 in damage.
It cracked the windshield just from the hit, but not the body.
The worse thing was trying to find a person that had a gun to put it down, finally got a farmers son that did the deed.

Hey Bill, did you get any watering from the skies over the weekend?
We had another late day downpour yesterday to quench the dust, so I'm good today for watering.

Hey Bill, did you get any watering from the skies over the weekend?
We had another late day downpour yesterday to quench the dust, so I'm good today for watering.

Popcorn shower.:hello:

Popcorn shower.:hello:
I mentioned to the wife if she had heard the term before-"Nope"

Now I'm saying this Popcorn shower term is really-"Dope"

I didn't even learn the term in my weather coarse that I took for boating.

I like learning somethings - and that's a keeper. Thanks rook!

Good morning pepperj......gosh I hope not !! Right now we have the Sahara dust pattern going. That means dry air and no tropical development. Is getting dry and this pattern cant last to much longer.

Good morning pepperj......gosh I hope not !! Right now we have the Sahara dust pattern going. That means dry air and no tropical development. Is getting dry and this pattern cant last to much longer.
Up here we're in the 4yr cycle of dry/dry.
I just hope when it breaks it isn't a large storm event.

Now I found it fascinating that lizards are so adapt in changing their feet size so quickly for hanging on in a hurricane.

Up here we're in the 4yr cycle of dry/dry.
I just hope when it breaks it isn't a large storm event.

Now I found it fascinating that lizards are so adapt in changing their feet size so quickly for hanging on in a hurricane.

Well I can confirm....the lizards made it through the last blow !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC
Back