THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/pineapple-express.html heres one for ya pepper.....the pineapple Express !! Although it's a west coast thing....we also use the term to describe showers that train across the gulf stream from the bahamas to Florida !!

Here we can either get a Colorado Low/Alberta Clipper in the winter.

We were traveling in Fiji and it was their National Holiday. It started to rain at the beginning of the football match (rugby) and these players just kept going at it. Near the end of the match the water was nearing the mid calf area. What a event and great athletic ability to run in that much water for such a longtime.
(It seems when the male population in Fiji start drinking Kava-the layback abilities take over)

Good morning rook...what's going on out there....got to be hotter there than here !!

pepperj
We used the term popcorn shower years ago when on the golf course. We would be in the middle of a round and a popcorn shower would come up and only last 5 to 10 minutes. We're looking for some here at the home place today.

pepperj
We used the term popcorn shower years ago when on the golf course. We would be in the middle of a round and a popcorn shower would come up and only last 5 to 10 minutes. We're looking for some here at the home place today.

The term these past few years has been "Rain Bombs" It comes down hard in one location, and a mile down the road hardly anything.
In 2011 I experienced one on a island at the mouth of the St Lawrence River, I was building at the time. Got over 5" one afternoon-my wife was in at the rental in town 6 miles away-sunny.

I have looked out my back window and seen the shower sweep down the road one block over and it be sunny and dry where I am !!

......<SNIP>....said "Yeah, I'm fine, I'm just mad at the s.o.b. for making me late for dinner!"

Sounds like you weren't late for dinner. They just served the venison early! :tongue3:

No...not trying to belittle a life threatening, scary situation. Ferevently glad that it didn't turn out much worse.

Strange how life turns though. Here we are doing *everything* to avoid getting covid and a deer runs us over!!

Be careful and safe!

bart
I hope those critters won't hurt folks that grow gardens. My problem is deer at night. I even got a red fox on camera the other night.

Good morning everyone.

Ecs I am sorry you got sick and very thankful it wasn’t covid!

Rusty I am glad you and your friend are okay.!

Morning WD, ECS, WF:hello:

Argh! My fish has been bumped! Now it’s a $1700 prize. Dang it. This is hard to watch!

WD
Next time take a pocket full of gravel fishing. It makes um weigh more. :laughing7: joking

WD
Next time take a pocket full of gravel fishing. It makes um weigh more. :laughing7: joking

Rook, last fall someone got caught cheating. I don't remember the details. I think it may have been more than one person, also. Last Nov/Dec is kind of a blur.

Relevant may remember the details.

Just reading the tread in general discussion that White's Detectors is closing down.
My father traded his 30-06 and %150 for a White's Gold Master the family tree probably bought 20+ Whites over the years. I guess they just couldn't keep up with the new technology.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back