THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

View attachment 1845116 open the pic and check out this chart shot.....this is the "tongue of the ocean"...... this is the extreme north tip of andros and what's called the northwest channel light !! This is an incredible shear drop in spots from reef that sticks out of the water at low tide to 2000 feet !! I spent time between 2 home islands growing up.....mangrove cay, andros....and key largo FL. This is some great fishing and diving grounds. When I was a kid I would take my trusty 14 ft aluminum boat and anchor it in 3 ft of water on the reef edge. After I got everything ready I would let out the anchor line 50 ft and be in 2000 ft fishing for big tunas.....60 - 120lb !! It was some crazy nerve racking adrenaline fun !!!

We snorkelled on the northern end of the Great Barrier Reef. The guy brought us out to this really little sandy cay to show us the wonders of the reef. One side were the giant clams in 10-12ft of water. On the other was the drop off-it still gives me the willies 28yrs later. I swear there was something looking at me for lunch-that's the feeling we all had.:laughing7:

Well another work week begins... at least here in Canada we have a mid-week holiday. :laughing7:
Of course, I'd much rather have a long weekend like you folks in the US.

But hey, I'll take a day off with pay anytime. :thumbsup:

Morning Jim, gonna be another hot one today. :icon_sunny:

Well another work week begins... at least here in Canada we have a mid-week holiday. :laughing7:
Of course, I'd much rather have a long weekend like you folks in the US.

But hey, I'll take a day off with pay anytime. :thumbsup:

Morning Jim, gonna be another hot one today. :icon_sunny:

My strawberry place didn't want to sell bulk twice in a row, so they offered the patch to me on the holiday. Can't beat that being alone in a strawberry patch for as long as I want for a day. :)

It's too bad you don't like fresh strawberries.

Good morning folks

ARC, Dave and pepperj. Morning

Morning rook! :hello:

Who said I don't like strawberries Jim, I just prefer raspberries that's all. :laughing7:

There's nothing better on a Sunday morning then fresh raspberry or strawberry jam on fresh baked toasted bread. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• FB_GHTAJ17_1888_B05_24_2b-1-800x450.jpg
    FB_GHTAJ17_1888_B05_24_2b-1-800x450.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 30
Morning.

And how is the crew of the #1 "hottest thread" on Treasurenet this fine morning ? ? ?

:)

Just checked the site stats. :P

Last edited:
ARC
It's good to be a small part of it.

Morning.

And how is the crew of the #1 "hottest thread" on Treasurenet this fine morning ? ? ?

I'll tell you what ARC...
I'm really not active on any other social thread except for LinkedIn and I wake up looking forward to sharing my life and thoughts with you all here each morning. :thumbsup:
Dave

1DA35FE8-8C06-4FAE-921E-F55AC7A1CAC3_4_5005_c.jpeg
I prefer a pic like this. :laughing7:
This is going to happen Tomorrow when we get our goat Ricotta cheese in from our friends farm.

Morning.

Like it was said in that movie: "Build it, and they'll come"
Great to be part of it again Capt.

"Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go!" :laughing7:

Have to make my lunch now and get ready for work... hope you all have a great week. :icon_thumleft:

"Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go!" :laughing7:

Have to make my lunch now and get ready for work... hope you all have a great week. :icon_thumleft:

***ARC starts singing in a Cartman from SouthPark voice***

"Masterrrr got me workinnnnnn dayyy is never finishesedddd,,, one day he will set me freeeeeee"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back