THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Living the high life WD. Pssst...I made a wax impression of the Captains rum room key. Just gonna get one made up while ashore with the kiddies.

Uh hmm, yes captain we're just right as rain and shaping the ship up. I'll just be go'n ashore for some rug rat attending. :blob5::blob7::blob8::read2::blob3::read2::alien::hello:

I have rug rats on final approach.

***ARC Awakes from nodding off***

ARRRG ! ! ! SEE ! ! !

SIREN"S ! ! !

THEY USE SWEET TALK TO LURE THE RUM ROOM KEYS ! ! !

Good afternoon WD and Msbeepbeep.

I'm not sure if this work on that door?
20200628_131456.jpg

A chicken recipe to tempt you.

Bill we have been struggling for quite a while now to find decent chicken. I have been ordered to check out some not so local butchers.

Freezers are about to be over flowing with pork and beef and walleye. I don’t know where I am going to put chicken.

WD,

Well the supply chain issues with people stockpilling because of covid we sprung for a 2nd freezer just the half size variety. That way one will be for fruits, veggies, nuts, etc....the other one for meat and seafood that way we'll have a decent reserve for when the 2nd wave hits.

Something to consider even if it's a reconditioned one on the cheap.

Just a word on fireworks. It has always felt, to me, that they're celebrating the very thing that has killed *MILLIONS*.

Gunpowder. I just don't see the attraction. That's all. :dontknow:

FILE UNDER: MY COVID SCARE

My daughter and grandson live with my wife and me, and since Match, have been doing the quarantine/mask in public gig.
Two weeks ago, unknown to me, the grandsons uncle take him and his family to Daytona Beach, and of course did not practice any of the safety protocols, and wife and I were informed of this post facto.
Friday night while watching THE HUNT on DVD, I began to burn with fever and an extreme headache, body aches, off and on chills, feeling totally worn out, and stomach pain. After months of self quarantine and masking wearing, I get it this way! For 24 hours I was in misery, then it burn out with sweat.
Well it wasn't Covid, just some other random 24 hour virus or something.
...but one does get a bit anxious with the recent rise of Covid cases in Florida.

My daughter and grandson live with my wife and me, and since Match, have been doing the quarantine/mask in public gig.
Two weeks ago, unknown to me, the grandsons uncle take him and his family to Daytona Beach, and of course did not practice any of the safety protocols, and wife and I were informed of this post facto.
Friday night while watching THE HUNT on DVD, I began to burn with fever and an extreme headache, body aches, off and on chills, feeling totally worn out, and stomach pain. After months of self quarantine and masking wearing, I get it this way! For 24 hours I was in misery, then it burn out with sweat.
Well it wasn't Covid, just some other random 24 hour virus or something.
...but one does get a bit anxious with the recent rise of Covid cases in Florida.

Should never eat shrimp and sushi from a run down convenience store... :P

Glad you are better my friend.

Alright alright.

I will forego the fireworks pics this year.

LOL

Seen one ya seen em all.

They haven't really come up with any really new stuff in eons anyway.

I like the ones that look like a weeping willow.

:)

Good morning rook. Has mrs rook made some blueberry pie yet?

One. The blueberries are good this year. I always put a dose of aluminum sulphate around all my bushes. We've had lots of rain that helped.

20200628_093055.jpg open the pic and check out this chart shot.....this is the "tongue of the ocean"...... this is the extreme north tip of andros and what's called the northwest channel light !! This is an incredible shear drop in spots from reef that sticks out of the water at low tide to 2000 feet !! I spent time between 2 home islands growing up.....mangrove cay, andros....and key largo FL. This is some great fishing and diving grounds. When I was a kid I would take my trusty 14 ft aluminum boat and anchor it in 3 ft of water on the reef edge. After I got everything ready I would let out the anchor line 50 ft and be in 2000 ft fishing for big tunas.....60 - 120lb !! It was some crazy nerve racking adrenaline fun !!!

WD
I'll make some pics of my blueberry crop. They are still coming in.

One. The blueberries are good this year. I always put a dose of aluminum sulphate around all my bushes. We've had lots of rain that helped.
Organic growers around here have a pine forest as well for chips, needles to help the plants. Was just reading up on the Alum. sulphate. (Not that I understood everything)

Actually, what blueberries like is Magnesium. They grow well in acid soils because calcium is low, which lowers the Ca:Mg ratio and provides the plant with more access to Mg with less competition from Ca.

https://gardening.stackexchange.com...-aluminum-sulfate-sulphate-to-acidify-my-soil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back