THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everybody
Mornin Evan!

4mpypwcsuhc11.jpg

...they tell you they can't make a battery that lasts. Well, back about two years ago, I dug up a watch. It says, right on it, "ten year battery". It was down about 6 inches and came out, (after who knows how long), still running! It is *still* running and keeping correct time!!!
And....a bit further? I have a set of remote headphones that I bought to listen to my TV. They are powered by two AA rechargeable batteries. I use these almost extensively! All day. All night, whenever watching TV. I usually put them on charge when I go to bed.

I bought this almost 40 *YEARS* ago! The 2 batteries came with them. ANNNND......I am *STILL* using those same two batteries !!! They recharge fine and work for hours, just like they did when I bought them!!!

Sooooo....I do not buy the aspect that they sell....that one *has* to replace batteries cuz they wear out!! 🙄

They just don't *want* permanent batteries on the market!!!

My uncle actually developed the battery car many years ago with Bell and Howell. He was an inventor for them. He died a couple of years ago from old age. He helped develop it 40 years ago and I guess they never expected someone to actually drive one until now or maybe they had to wait until he died so they didn’t have to pay him royalties for it. But either way I guess it didn’t work correctly.

And....a bit further? I have a set of remote headphones that I bought to listen to my TV. They are powered by two AA rechargeable batteries. I use these almost extensively! All day. All night, whenever watching TV. I usually put them on charge when I go to bed.

I bought this almost 40 *YEARS* ago! The 2 batteries came with them. ANNNND......I am *STILL* using those same two batteries !!! They recharge fine and work for hours, just like they did when I bought them!!!

Sooooo....I do not buy the aspect that they sell....that one *has* to replace batteries cuz they wear out!! 🙄

They just don't *want* permanent batteries on the market!!!
Back in the late 70's detecting in a park in Vancouver, with an in-law. Dug a Timex self winder waterproof watch that was really deep.(Then again with the area things sunk nearly an 1/2 inch a year it seemed.)
Well the Brother in-law was an avid watch collector walked over and cleaned off the mud-gave it a few shakes-and it started ticking.
If I remember right he dated the watch at being over 10yrs old.

I heard long ago they have batteries that last mega long used in specific applications that require it.
They are very expensive as well.

Not sure if it is true or not but i would think they do exist.
Ok I would love to know which battery for a watch will last for more than a year+ it seems.
Battery dead, replace, I want to put my good watch on to go out, battery is dead.
(🌶maybe needs to go out more often):icon_scratch:
20240214_163846.jpg
20240214_163904.jpg

I managed to grab a couple of hours of this unseasonably warm weather today to go do a little hunting at a private permission that has been "hunted out" forever. It gave up a gold (plated) ring, a silver (maybe) ring, and a coin that shouldn't have been there, but there it was. Details here.
IMG_3702.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back