THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Last scramble of research for bahamas....5 days and im off to the races.....we will fish for wahoo primarily, and I'll hunt some old spaish, and a civil war smuggling spot, and theres prohibition era stuff on this island. The protected side has a nice tourist spot for fresh gold too !!

Last scramble of research for bahamas....5 days and im off to the races.....we will fish for wahoo primarily, and I'll hunt some old spaish, and a civil war smuggling spot, and theres prohibition era stuff on this island. The protected side has a nice tourist spot for fresh gold too !!
How long are you going for Bart?

Thanks Peps xx well, he rocked up last night with a card nd gift… I was taken aback as it was pancake day… so where was the pancakes 🤔… he then explained that tomoz was Valentines Day, I quickly laughed and said, of course but we will celebrate on Thursday cos it’s unlucky to do it before (🤷‍♀️) Lordy, guess who was out at the shop at the crack of dawn, buying him a card and comfy pair of slippers 😎… we will celebrate tomoz, when he visits 😅…and he will never know! 😎 xx
too funny, and I thought it was just us guys 🙊

I guess I'll share my spot....its not like someone's gonna get there first, or even try to treasure hunt !! Here we go.

I'll be staying at old bahama bay, west end, grand bahama Island !! I have the "Jasper Knabb" treasure map at my disposal. He is in prison, and was illegally treasure salvaging on and around grand bahama Island in the early 2000s. There are 49 sites on this treasure map, and some include Carl Allen's "maravillea", and other galleons in the memory rock area, and bahama bank. 3 of those "X"s are close by, and I'll get into the finds he made at each X in a minute. But first the Google earth.

Screenshot_20240214_080918_Google Earth.jpg

Screenshot_20240214_080932_Google Earth.jpg

Screenshot_20240214_080948_Google Earth.jpg

Note the small island to the north of west end....it is "treasure island" for all intents and purposes. That cay is called Indian cay, and plays a vital role in history. Besides there being indicators of a galleon just offshore on the jasper knabb map, we know for sure that ponce de leon spent a week here, and rescued an old Indian woman off the cay.....she was the last known lucayn Indian and the year was 1513 ? I think ..... I've already forgot ! So now let's talk about jasper.....he dives here and recovers just offshore a flint lock pistol, and a gold crucifix, along with rigging, ballast stones, and spikes indicating more than 1 wreck present. If weather permits, and the gods smile on me I will hunt the entire key with a fine tooth comb. It's small, and tore up, so there should be something.

Screenshot_20240214_082545_Samsung Internet.jpg

The single biggest ephiney for me was to realize that most of these small cays got survivors from one disaster or another. Then I said to myself....who has really detected these cays .....anyone ?? And when was that ?? I know one guy here that did some of these rocks and cays, and he got coins, jewelry, and artifacts !! He got enough spanish money at great Isaac's rock, that it was a small chest full !! No specific boat or treasure he was looking for....many boats had slid over the rocks there, and money from most of them could be found.....random searching can pay big once you realize these rocks, keys, cays, and islands all had wrecks !!

There alot of big dogs out there that go after, and pursue these enormous treasures like the San jose......my scope is much smaller, and my budget is partially funded by my job. My personal budget and equipment is small, but the plan has proven successfull in the past. These ships were often thrown ashore, and the people were marooned on these keys and cays. Many died there on those rocks clutching there life's fortune. Just to stand where ponce did is dreamy for me !!

Imagine a survivor clutching a bag of treasure and money 💰 with no water or food, and maybe even injured. Now imagine that bag of 100 or so coins being found right where it dropped 400 years ago !! I don't need the headache of finding the rest with partners, boats, equipment, divegear,etc.etc.etc im off to the next rock to check around, and I don't really have to have a traditional job so to speak !! Best thing is you can do it with a kayak, back pack, and a metaldetector.....thats it !! When any scenario like this plays out, it's 1000% profit !! Always dream big, and put yourself in the best position for success.....when you finally succeed its an incredible feeling, and your recipe for success can be used again.....it becomes an odds game, and odds are sooner or later you will hit some coinage on one of these rocks....maybe even some church gold stashed by marooned monks/priests. Anything is still possible at these remote spots !!

There alot of big dogs out there that go after, and pursue these enormous treasures like the San jose......my scope is much smaller, and my budget is partially funded by my job. My personal budget and equipment is small, but the plan has proven successfull in the past. These ships were often thrown ashore, and the people were marooned on these keys and cays. Many died there on those rocks clutching there life's fortune. Just to stand where ponce did is dreamy for me !!

Imagine a survivor clutching a bag of treasure and money 💰 with no water or food, and maybe even injured. Now imagine that bag of 100 or so coins being found right where it dropped 400 years ago !! I don't need the headache of finding the rest with partners, boats, equipment, divegear,etc.etc.etc im off to the next rock to check around, and I don't really have to have a traditional job so to speak !! Best thing is you can do it with a kayak, back pack, and a metaldetector.....thats it !! When any scenario like this plays out, it's 1000% profit !! Always dream big, and put yourself in the best position for success.....when you finally succeed its an incredible feeling, and your recipe for success can be used again.....it becomes an odds game, and odds are sooner or later you will hit some coinage on one of these rocks....maybe even some church gold stashed by marooned monks/priests. Anything is still possible at these remote spots !!
Being a large operation and hitting small, doesn't pay the bills.
Being small hitting small is a payday any day.
There certainly has a few crumbs of lost treasure in and around the rocks.
This what dreams are made of isn't it?

Screenshot_20240214_090653_Google Earth.jpg

Looks to be a ballast mound lodged in the reef to the north, or at least an anomalie to check underwater, and the big white spot could be jasper knabbs hole he blew years back....it was described that his huge mail box could dislodge coral rock and was quite destructive at times. The key is rugged, and looks to have suffered damage from recent hurricanes. Alot of the key is what we call "dust over crust" light sand over rock.....this is like a riffle and traps the good stuff !! An ideal situation for today's machines.....heavies trapped against bed rock 4-8 inches down.

View attachment 2131340
Looks to be a ballast mound lodged in the reef to the north, or at least an anomalie to check underwater, and the big white spot could be jasper knabbs hole he blew years back....it was described that his huge mail box could dislodge coral rock and was quite destructive at times. The key is rugged, and looks to have suffered damage from recent hurricanes. Alot of the key is what we call "dust over crust" light sand over rock.....this is like a riffle and traps the good stuff !! An ideal situation for today's machines.....heavies trapped against bed rock 4-8 inches down.
Now i am flipping you off.... you have to look extra close.... very middle of island.... right hand.

:P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back