THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I have given the map to my bahamian friends who have permits, ..... so im working off memory....this is fine with me, as I remember there being quite a few targets in front of this key. To the south along the shoreline in 15 feet is another wreck marked as "buccaneer wreck" 17th century English!! It close to the beach, and I'll try to get down there....its tough because I'm short on time, and most days will be spent pursuing game fish all day !!

I guess I'll share my spot....its not like someone's gonna get there first, or even try to treasure hunt !! Here we go.

I'll be staying at old bahama bay, west end, grand bahama Island !! I have the "Jasper Knabb" treasure map at my disposal. He is in prison, and was illegally treasure salvaging on and around grand bahama Island in the early 2000s. There are 49 sites on this treasure map, and some include Carl Allen's "maravillea", and other galleons in the memory rock area, and bahama bank. 3 of those "X"s are close by, and I'll get into the finds he made at each X in a minute. But first the Google earth.
Your first line hurt me deeply.
If my 12' boat didn't have a flat tire (or two)...I might have just swooped in and tore it up there.
And I'd bring a danged lunch to boot!
beach-cleaning-machine-price-in-oman.jpg

I guess I'll share my spot....its not like someone's gonna get there first, or even try to treasure hunt !! Here we go.

I'll be staying at old bahama bay, west end, grand bahama Island !! I have the "Jasper Knabb" treasure map at my disposal. He is in prison, and was illegally treasure salvaging on and around grand bahama Island in the early 2000s. There are 49 sites on this treasure map, and some include Carl Allen's "maravillea", and other galleons in the memory rock area, and bahama bank. 3 of those "X"s are close by, and I'll get into the finds he made at each X in a minute. But first the Google earth.
Go Get Em BB..... I have a feeling you're going to stumble on something good. Seems like the year for the "RCT" crew... :3coins::coins:
I think you already know where to look... 🗺️ X 👀
Safe Sailing 🛥️🏴‍☠️

Screenshot_20240214_100317_Maps.jpg

The civil war era activity took place here. A community was strung along the cuved Beach, and the 2 ovals are where smugglers and blockade runners loaded and unloaded. Its been heavily filled, but I'll search any way !!

There alot of big dogs out there that go after, and pursue these enormous treasures like the San jose......my scope is much smaller, and my budget is partially funded by my job. My personal budget and equipment is small, but the plan has proven successfull in the past. These ships were often thrown ashore, and the people were marooned on these keys and cays. Many died there on those rocks clutching there life's fortune. Just to stand where ponce did is dreamy for me !!

Imagine a survivor clutching a bag of treasure and money 💰 with no water or food, and maybe even injured. Now imagine that bag of 100 or so coins being found right where it dropped 400 years ago !! I don't need the headache of finding the rest with partners, boats, equipment, divegear,etc.etc.etc im off to the next rock to check around, and I don't really have to have a traditional job so to speak !! Best thing is you can do it with a kayak, back pack, and a metaldetector.....thats it !! When any scenario like this plays out, it's 1000% profit !! Always dream big, and put yourself in the best position for success.....when you finally succeed its an incredible feeling, and your recipe for success can be used again.....it becomes an odds game, and odds are sooner or later you will hit some coinage on one of these rocks....maybe even some church gold stashed by marooned monks/priests. Anything is still possible at these remote spots !!

A crust over bedrock you'll later describe.
Let's never be so desperate as to have to try to make sea water drinkable with no resources at hand.
Digging a well (a foot deep for example) here near a lake water will usually seep in. Then a matter of how clean the soil (preferably clean sand) is. Your description nulls that idea quick. Besides the substrate being saline and gull poop ect. contaminated.

Lucky the wreck victim to hold a water keg with contents. Briefly anyways.
"You can't take it with you " would make lightening the precious metals pearls gems or whatever the personal value of the day was atop what a ship might be hauling load if any no problem. But cached of course just in case you don't become sun dried jerky.

An article a while back described beach shelters.
A rat something , and another.
Pretty much a covered trench to create shade. The more material and energy the more sand walls could be covered. But a roof of fronds or sand covered lumber /anything the main goal in a pinch.

Someone shades sleeps too in a shaded trench above waterline ...Like multiple cultures a dirt floor underfoot and in sight makes a decent and accessible cache site.
And in my mind at the time it explains fresh moved sand that often shows discoloration.

How does that relate to an island with a skim coat of crust? Heat.Sun.Shade. Conservation of movement.

Today is not then. Nor is todays island cover the same.
Today N.N.E. looks great for shade , checking for vines to drain for a taste of water; maybe assault a tree to try to bleed a stump ;and trying to stab,net,wier,or hook, gaff, snag,shoot fish.

Hey guys, I may have brought this up in the past, but which one of you cronies is the modern day coin/paper money guru? Ready to dump my old silver certificate and red certificate money in exchange for bullion.

A crust over bedrock you'll later describe.
Let's never be so desperate as to have to try to make sea water drinkable with no resources at hand.
Digging a well (a foot deep for example) here near a lake water will usually seep in. Then a matter of how clean the soil (preferably clean sand) is. Your description nulls that idea quick. Besides the substrate being saline and gull poop ect. contaminated.

Lucky the wreck victim to hold a water keg with contents. Briefly anyways.
"You can't take it with you " would make lightening the precious metals pearls gems or whatever the personal value of the day was atop what a ship might be hauling load if any no problem. But cached of course just in case you don't become sun dried jerky.

An article a while back described beach shelters.
A rat something , and another.
Pretty much a covered trench to create shade. The more material and energy the more sand walls could be covered. But a roof of fronds or sand covered lumber /anything the main goal in a pinch.

Someone shades sleeps too in a shaded trench above waterline ...Like multiple cultures a dirt floor underfoot and in sight makes a decent and accessible cache site.
And in my mind at the time it explains fresh moved sand that often shows discoloration.

How does that relate to an island with a skim coat of crust? Heat.Sun.Shade. Conservation of movement.

Today is not then. Nor is todays island cover the same.
Today N.N.E. looks great for shade , checking for vines to drain for a taste of water; maybe assault a tree to try to bleed a stump ;and trying to stab,net,wier,or hook, gaff, snag,shoot fish.
I believe the island to have been more area and better vegetated long ago....much has been swept away with rising tides, and hurricanes!! All that's left is some scrub, sand and rock. I'd wager it was used to store some smugglers goods, and may have had camps from time to time. I'd also wager intrepid tourists have explored it, and bahamians alike. If by chance someone has ever put the coil down here, I'd wager they weren't as thorough as I am....thats my hope. 95% chance it's never had a coil on it !!

Who is "they"? 8-)

The battery may be designed for 3 years, but the phones themselves should last a lot longer than that. I've got some very old (by modern standards) phones that still work fine, they just don't hold a charge very well. As for charging, I don't know about all phones, but iPhones, at least, have built in logic to prevent overcharging/overheating the battery.
Yeah...they tell you they can't make a battery that lasts. Well, back about two years ago, I dug up a watch. It says, right on it, "ten year battery". It was down about 6 inches and came out, (after who knows how long), still running! It is *still* running and keeping correct time!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back