THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I managed to grab a couple of hours of this unseasonably warm weather today to go do a little hunting at a private permission that has been "hunted out" forever. It gave up a gold (plated) ring, a silver (maybe) ring, and a coin that shouldn't have been there, but there it was. Details here.
View attachment 2131440
What year is the 2 ORE?
Well done on the hunt.
It wasn't warm here as it felt like -0F most of the day.

Me too especially together. Owning your own home is good but there is always something to fix.
Try owning a home and working on the road for extended periods. What little precious time I do get at home is burnt on all of the joys of being a homeowner.

I will be busy my whole next day off. The deck is only 2 years old and even though I stained and painted the railings the top section has rotted. Have to remove it, replace with new wood and paint it again. The wood now days is terrible
***ARC begins in a very old grumpy man voice***

"In my day wood was made outta wood" ! ! !

:)

I will be busy my whole next day off. The deck is only 2 years old and even though I stained and painted the railings the top section has rotted. Have to remove it, replace with new wood and paint it again. The wood now days is terrible
You need to treat it with a better quality wood preservative. There's a few great natural products that are true and tested.
The wood works out being the cheap part.
It's the darn R&R, + time.

Try owning a home and working on the road for extended periods. What little precious time I do get at home is burnt on all of the joys of being a homeowner.
We lived in a condo the years we worked.
Still we gutted it, and redid it.
Retired and 3 yrs later started on another home.
Finished it in a few years.
Then we up and bought this place.
It's still going on now for 8 years.
It would of been faster to demo it, and started from new.
Living in it while doing renovations is for the birds.
Had the bedroom in 8 different rooms!
I should of just put the pillow in the bathtub would have been easier.🤣

Been a while, how are yall doing?

I need to catch up with you at some point, and I have some cool stuff to show you @blossom

But for now, has anyone used these before?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240215_094905_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240215_094905_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 10

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back