THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Ever try to "scoop" in a land park? Why would they need to own a scoop?

(BTB... I do. I made one, long handled scoop for wading chest deep. I created it in 1976. I still have it and a smaller hand scoop. It still works and as strong as ever. I also created/made a floating sift box)

But, I don't take them on my "walks" and only waded about 3 times in the last couple years. When I started? It was a third job for me. Almost every other day for a decade.
WHADIFIND I will be the first to say this.

The ARC has, and more.
Every time we hit a pot hole in the pavement, he was scooping there sometime in the past.

Welp.....time for me to load up for my Expedition....I've got to secure my boats, and pick up a excal off the boat for my host to use....im also bringing him a broken 600....we will ship it out, and I will pay for a new control pod....it will stay with @Gibbsail house for him.....this way he has a better beach machine, and I've given something to show my appreciation of his hospitality for letting me stay there....we have had many adventures over many years as good friends!! Im hoping GCP gets over to hunt also !!
Best of luck in the roadtrip Bart.
May the Emeralds shine bright, and the Cobbs be many.
Go get them!

New Scoop#2.jpg

This guy makes some good scoops in my opinion... but even still i would have him make me an all stainless.... welded handle with my custom top cane like handle
The bucket on this is IMO... perfect.

View attachment 2129833

This guy makes some good scoops in my opinion... but even still i would have him make me an all stainless.... welded handle with my custom top cane like handle
The bucket on this is IMO... perfect.
Agree on the shape. I use this in the Sierras, even in the rivers where the rocks are like baby heads. Prying and scraping and it never shows signs of the abuse.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 9.07.37 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 9.07.37 AM.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 11
Bring a lunch!
Cans of Spam. Knife. Not shark fighting knife. Spam knife. Preferably clean.
Saltines or hardtack.
Kippers.
Dry oatmeal or granola. Or yuucky energy bars.
Trail mix.
Bag of oranges.
P.B. and a spoon for dire emergencies. (Keep half the contents till last.)
Salt. Pepper.
Matches.
Aluminum foil.
Sorry , I can't hand you an ammo can (Mens tupperware) for a lunch box from here.
These guys will sometimes sponsor me and send me these packs.....I havnt got any in a while, but I buy them for the back pack.....there my style.....stop for a drink, pee, and squeeze one or 2 pouches down....thats my plan these days !! I'll take some pictures of me and the pouches for instagram and see if they send me some more promo stuff !!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240206_122445_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240206_122445_Chrome.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 13
These guys will sometimes sponsor me and send me these packs.....I havnt got any in a while, but I buy them for the back pack.....there my style.....stop for a drink, pee, and squeeze one or 2 pouches down....thats my plan these days !! I'll take some pictures of me and the pouches for instagram and see if they send me some more promo stuff !!
Hard core!

Well, ya see......I have mastered an old Roman technique that they used to excavate old Greek sh!t !! Its the sandal 🩴 scratch and flip technique!! Very aincent method of digging with the edge of your flip flop or ancient Roman sandal to carfully kick flip the soft sand out of the hole!! I have 8-10 inch depth like this.....anything deeper than that it's lesche time ! 9 out of 10 times this is sufficient.....I get excited to have to dig with the lesche!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back