THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Yes dragging the digger is a real thing on my beaches also.
20231105_140717.jpg

Heck a drunk could walk straighter 🌶 now that I look at the lines.🤣

Yes dragging the digger is a real thing on my beaches also.
View attachment 2129847
Heck a drunk could walk straighter 🌶 now that I look at the lines.🤣
The frozen tundra breed of detector lizard....no matter where there tracks are similar !! 😅🤣😂

View attachment 2129833

This guy makes some good scoops in my opinion... but even still i would have him make me an all stainless.... welded handle with my custom top cane like handle
The bucket on this is IMO... perfect.
Beach , or sand , I really don't go out of my way to wheelchair upon.
i also don't avoid them and so end upon them if near.

TWO have had matting below sand .
i have an opinion of course but it changes nothing.
Being where I was meant sand was not a priority and more like an aesthetic /cosmetic device.
Never mind flip flop season is brief. We don't want one to slip in deep sand. L.o.l..
The first one I scratched a couple recoveriesout of. A jewelry piece that paid for nothing other than the "dig" for it.
The second fabric ladened site I backtracked off quick like.

But a scoop on them would have squeaked like teeth rubbing. Or cut fabric.
Easy enough to just stay off right?
I'm not one for hunting playgrounds except for the bullet hit chauffer's badge event at an odd one.
So being the local park has a playground I had to test it?
Well looky here. Fabric! l.o.l..
Feet away from where I recovered old tokens. Ahh well.

Out of state visitor multiple years blended in fairly well. How you dress (colors) matters.
We would eventually hunt together. Or at the same time on purpose...
I could i.d. him though by how he marched on his plugs to seat them.
Left right left right left right . enough clay to make it an effort. Soil built up on my holster, Lesche,chair seat,gloves,handrails to drive wheels. It has a...tenacity vs easy release.
So sometimes a recovery remains unrecovered after a tentative peek. Like the stainless tabletop. (!) which might squeak too if scooped on. Not that squeaks bother me. Just the lack of traction while scratching..

(Still wondering where that scoop I built went ....And if I had bracketed it for an optional extended handle.)

Too funny... I rarely have damaged an item.

Of course i have only detected twice. :P

:)
Buddy walked over took it, another friend said what did you get.
Buddy tossed it across the corn field to him.
Just to add a little pain to the injury it was a S mint.
He replied, "Not much anymore "
20240206_133504.jpg

Too funny... I rarely have damaged an item.

Of course i have only detected twice. :P

:)
Oh it's an art.
I have so carefully made recoveries. Nearly using a single downy feather to reach it. Then as if a dried spiderweb ; ease it onto soft tissue and into a pill bottle....
Then hours later be all sloppy and stab the best item of the day expecting trash.
And so I scribed my first Indian Head Cent. Gouge! Then my kid scraped the crust off it looking for a date...then as if the poor coin wasn't abused enough I put it in the electrolysis.
Scraping it might have been the least destructive force applied.
Haven't looked at it in a long time for some reason possibly related to it resembling sandstone. But the gouge isn't as obvious anymore.

Not sure about me either. Down one at work. How's the weather down there? It's absolutely beautiful weather here....
Ahhh well.....I do my best work solo....ill represent team RCT !! anyway blossom 🌸 has us covered if I fail like happens most times !! Im packed and ready !! Ill leave out at 4-5 am....and be up there hunting by 8-9 am. Out going tide till afternoon!! Looks like north winds tomorrow, or so I hope !!

Ahhh well.....I do my best work solo....ill represent team RCT !! anyway blossom 🌸 has us covered if I fail like happens most times !! Im packed and ready !! Ill leave out at 4-5 am....and be up there hunting by 8-9 am. Out going tide till afternoon!! Looks like north winds tomorrow, or so I hope !!
Have a safe hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back