THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

See....... i wanna kick once... flip.... wave coil over.... use scoop tip to sort / shift soil / locate item....

Then with lip of scoop lift item soft as butterfly up to me.

Never once bending.

Then use tip of scoop to scrape dirt back in hole....

Step dirt into hole..... move on.

Still never bending.

Category 6 hurricanes may soon be an accepted term:
www.cbsnews.com

Does the hurricane scale need a Category 6? New climate study found 5 recent storms have met the threshold.

Researchers say five storms since 2013 had wind speeds that could categorize them as a Category 6 hurricane or cyclone — and that climate change will only make such intense storms more frequent.
www.cbsnews.com
www.cbsnews.com
Don in SoCal

Now...... dont get me wrong....... every now and again... i get that crazy wierd item that the scoop has to be put down for.
But hey....
I still bend just fine ")

I just try to limit not only that,... but the time each target can take.

To finsih this ole same ole rant of mine...

I will sum it all up with this....

Using a scoop ... IS an artform.

It is a skill that takes some longer to master... some pick it right up correctly from rip... but none the less... it is a skill that when mastered...
Will have you working less.... detect more... recover more.... and work circles around anyone NOT using one. heh

Dontcha know......
shovels were at one time the ONLY detecting tool.... even cut down ones like the designs today were made by some... including me.
Trench shovels were the original scoop.
BUT....
The craft needed better....
So....
The scoop was invented....
but some scoops...
Can leave much to be desired if not made right.

Welp.....time for me to load up for my Expedition....I've got to secure my boats, and pick up a excal off the boat for my host to use....im also bringing him a broken 600....we will ship it out, and I will pay for a new control pod....it will stay with @Gibbsail house for him.....this way he has a better beach machine, and I've given something to show my appreciation of his hospitality for letting me stay there....we have had many adventures over many years as good friends!! Im hoping GCP gets over to hunt also !!

The "lesche" / "small shovel" or whatever the f#6k they are called....
IS the lamest "way" to detect.
It IMO...
Took detecting tech BACKWARDS...
To me its the poor mans tool... and with no offense to those who like them.

There is a reason scoops rule..... its because they do.

With that said......... know WHICH to buy.
Hey , I've sharpened my Leshe a couple times.
Not only saves my fingernails after my glove finger tips wear off ,but cuts hinge plugs in parks.

Scoop ....Seems I fabricated an un long handled one for detecting when I had access to a shop still.
No idea what became of it. Buried in a shed perhaps?
Because I over engineer and worked with sand handling and classifying equipment at the time , I built it heavy duty. A smaller mesh too.
Which meant it required both arms to drag...Or one quite extended arm.

Dontcha know......
shovels were at one time the ONLY detecting tool.... even cut down ones like the designs today were made by some... including me.
Trench shovels were the original scoop.
BUT....
The craft needed better....
So....
The scoop was invented....
but some scoops...
Can leave much to be desired if not made right.
Bull flopper.
Screwdriver 🪛 were🤣

Welp.....time for me to load up for my Expedition....I've got to secure my boats, and pick up a excal off the boat for my host to use....im also bringing him a broken 600....we will ship it out, and I will pay for a new control pod....it will stay with @Gibbsail house for him.....this way he has a better beach machine, and I've given something to show my appreciation of his hospitality for letting me stay there....we have had many adventures over many years as good friends!! Im hoping GCP gets over to hunt also !!
Bring a lunch!
Cans of Spam. Knife. Not shark fighting knife. Spam knife. Preferably clean.
Saltines or hardtack.
Kippers.
Dry oatmeal or granola. Or yuucky energy bars.
Trail mix.
Bag of oranges.
P.B. and a spoon for dire emergencies. (Keep half the contents till last.)
Salt. Pepper.
Matches.
Aluminum foil.
Sorry , I can't hand you an ammo can (Mens tupperware) for a lunch box from here.

Well I just bought the scoop.
45 minutes on the phone.
Guy was in electronics for over 30 yrs.
Water detecting for 5 yrs.
Flooded 4 Nox 800s
Got tired and went with the Legend.
He finally started to get gold chains.

I can associate with Noah (and the Ark).
1. For a week he had time to prepare. We had one week to prepare for this River of Rain since the last record breaking storm.
2. Noah's experience lasted forty days and forty nights; we're on track. (Yes, others may say the situation lasted for over a year, but this is not a religious discussion.)
3. Noah watch as 'his' flood covered the mountains. We watch as record snowfall and rain cover our mountains.
4. What Noah didn't note were mudslides and avalances that block neighborhoods, freeways, airports and rail service.
5. Noah sent out a dove but the bird came back not having seen any land; he had to wait.
6. I look at radar and see rain through, at least, to the 16th; I have to wait.
7. After a week, Noah sent the dove out again and this time the dove returned with an olive leaf; land was emerging and soon all would be better.
8. I see one lane of our nearby six-lane flooded highway is now open--and soon all may be better.
9. Another week past and the dove was again released. This time the dove did not return; telling Noah the bird had found a home. The flood was over.
10. We haven't experienced that, but 'hope springs eternal'.
Don in (soggy) SoCal.
Hang in there Mac!
Really enjoyed a long ago visit there.
Still my favorite climate.

But the cruddy hillside aggregates say stay well away.
I nearly swear from evidence there's no solid footed mound of earth in California.
Building on a sidehill is an invitation to a downhill ride.
(Into the water today...)
Build below slopes then? Oh hell no!

Mornin all.
Multiple dog alarms sounding off had me bolt out of the starting gate in the wee hours.
Co2 monitor was chirping.
Been a long time since changing smoke detector batteries in the basement. They'll start chirping again someday too.
I should put a ladder down there and change them out before they chirp.

The "lesche" / "small shovel" or whatever the f#6k they are called....
IS the lamest "way" to detect.
It IMO...
Took detecting tech BACKWARDS...
To me its the poor mans tool... and with no offense to those who like them.

There is a reason scoops rule..... its because they do.

With that said......... know WHICH to buy.
Ever try to "scoop" in a land park? Why would they need to own a scoop?

(BTB... I do. I made one, long handled scoop for wading chest deep. I created it in 1976. I still have it and a smaller hand scoop. It still works and as strong as ever. I also created/made a floating sift box)

But, I don't take them on my "walks" and only waded about 3 times in the last couple years. When I started? It was a third job for me. Almost every other day for a decade.

Afternoon pirates xx hope u have all had a nice Tuesday 😆 xx spoken with the FLO.. sent her pictures.. so waiting to hear back from the British Museum 😬.. my goodness its a stressful business this 😅…. For the rest of the year im only digging iron grunts … 😅 xx
I could only wish I had these problems....

Afternoon pirates xx hope u have all had a nice Tuesday 😆 xx spoken with the FLO.. sent her pictures.. so waiting to hear back from the British Museum 😬.. my goodness its a stressful business this 😅…. For the rest of the year im only digging iron grunts … 😅 xx
Oh please don't go there blossom.
Listening to it, me ears.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back