THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Gold pull tab scoop.....just cause I like him, and he's a start up, and he's a t-net guy, and he hunts the keys sometimes, and he supports me alot. I'm gonna buy one of his....I guess.
Show me a picture first before buying bart.

Show me a picture first before buying bart.
Go with ONLY stainless welded.

Get one custom made at a shop near you if you can... you can copy specs i cn give ya... OR you can check out a few i know IF they are still making them.

Looks like DECENT SAND only scoop.

I would tear that thing apart in one season of serious detecting... but thats me.

IF,... you only wanna work sands... particularly in water... then this type would be fine .... but not really confident on "how long"... till repairs.

SEE IF you can get one done to YOUR specs... (i will help you build a "once and done" scoop you can beat the living crap out of and wont want to detect without.)

Looks like DECENT SAND only scoop.

I would tear that thing apart in one season of serious detecting... but thats me.

IF,... you only wanna work sands... particularly in water... then this type would be fine .... but not really confident on "how long"... till repairs.

SEE IF you can get one done to YOUR specs... (i will help you build a "once and done" scoop you can beat the living crap out of and wont want to detect without.)
Well to be fair.....I have Cottrell welders here.....they were treasure hunters, and weld and design mailboxes, scoops, aluminum airlifts, diveladders, etc.etc.etc
They will build anything you send me.

See..... my scoop has been with me...... ehhhhhhh lets seeeeee........ this one........ errrrr////

prolly about 20 years now... And it has been through hell.... and its ready as we speak to go... as strong as the day it was made.
It will cut through parking lot asphalt ... through golfball sized rocks and shells... kick the hell out of it... PRY like hell back on it....
Etc... i think you get the picture.

It has a couple small scars yes... but no dents.... no bends... no breaks.
Good as the day it was made.

IF i stood on it and jumped up and down trying to destroy it....
I think it would just stare back at me and laugh.
heh

Well to be fair.....I have Cottrell welders here.....they were treasure hunters, and weld and design mailboxes, scoops, aluminum airlifts, diveladders, etc.etc.etc
Awsome... I actally have 2.... errr... ok i have three... but one is just a loaner.
MAin one... i always use.
Second one... Custom alum.... she uses.
Third... Minelab's first run / limited made 2 part alum... (never used by me)
(was a gift)

I was offered this one up-thoughts from the master scoopers.

Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 9.03.40 AM.png

OR... the guy you know already making scoops SHOULD be talked into increasing his product line ...
Starting with the new...
"Bart Reynolds heavy duty serious detecting scoop"

Sorta has a nice ring to it dontcha think ? ? ?

:)

See..... my scoop has been with me...... ehhhhhhh lets seeeeee........ this one........ errrrr////

prolly about 20 years now... And it has been through hell.... and its ready as we speak to go... as strong as the day it was made.
It will cut through parking lot asphalt ... through golfball sized rocks and shells... kick the hell out of it... PRY like hell back on it....
Etc... i think you get the picture.

It has a couple small scars yes... but no dents.... no bends... no breaks.
Good as the day it was made.

IF i stood on it and jumped up and down trying to destroy it....
I think it would just stare back at me and laugh.
heh
I have a custom made aluminum made one that somebody made for me.
The Leache digger out performed it for digging.

like i said....many many years of detecting, and never owned a scoop....ive used them, and its just more sh!t for me to carry. i go light and mobile, i have no problem walking 2 miles to a spot if necessary.....i aint doin that with a scoop, detector, finds pouch, pinpointer, boots, headphones, etc.etc.etc. I might really detect from 5-5 on the treasure coast.....I was averaging 7 miles a day last trip. Plus I'll stop to eyeball the shell piles for ming, olive jar shards, emeralds, bezore stones, and jade etc.etc.etc. lots of times im gone so far down the beach before others have had a chance to....gear up...so to speak. Everyone develops there own style, and mine is scoop free !! Its a good feeling walking through the parking lot at turtle trail, and having 10 detectorists all looking at your coin.....you never seen a parking lot clear out so fast....everyone scrambling out onto the beach with new hopes !!

I can associate with Noah (and the Ark).
1. For a week he had time to prepare. We had one week to prepare for this River of Rain since the last record breaking storm.
2. Noah's experience lasted forty days and forty nights; we're on track. (Yes, others may say the situation lasted for over a year, but this is not a religious discussion.)
3. Noah watch as 'his' flood covered the mountains. We watch as record snowfall and rain cover our mountains.
4. What Noah didn't note were mudslides and avalances that block neighborhoods, freeways, airports and rail service.
5. Noah sent out a dove but the bird came back not having seen any land; he had to wait.
6. I look at radar and see rain through, at least, to the 16th; I have to wait.
7. After a week, Noah sent the dove out again and this time the dove returned with an olive leaf; land was emerging and soon all would be better.
8. I see one lane of our nearby six-lane flooded highway is now open--and soon all may be better.
9. Another week past and the dove was again released. This time the dove did not return; telling Noah the bird had found a home. The flood was over.
10. We haven't experienced that, but 'hope springs eternal'.
Don in (soggy) SoCal.

The problem with those is the overall structural strength ... they are fine for "light- medium" duty... like i said... like water hunting... perfect... in fact they would prolly be even slightly better than my scoop.... but..... JUST in that arena... and just slightly...
ONLY because for someone else... not for me.
And it has to do with target location IN WATER in less scoops / try's... for someone not good at it.
FOR... its "mouth /opening / bucket" is larger....
But see..... this is its downfall in any other application other than sands.

Also see that.....
I dont just want... but NEED.... a scoop that does it all.
Farms.... Fields... Rocky.... Clay.... Leaf convered ... ROOTS... and anything harder.... like gravel... packed dirt.... shell pockets... etc etc etc etc etc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back