THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Attachments

• 20231005_100434.jpg
    20231005_100434.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 20231005_100439.jpg
    20231005_100439.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 20231005_100443.jpg
    20231005_100443.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20231005_100449.jpg
    20231005_100449.jpg
  • 20231005_100451.jpg
    20231005_100451.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 20231005_100516.jpg
    20231005_100516.jpg
More of the California king snake. In the first picture you will see white bands near its head. Thats how the pattern is supposed to be down this species whole body. What makes this one unique is that pattern breaks in more of a leopard type pattern. It may very well be a one of a kind due to the mutation. Making it quite a neat specimen.
Temporary addition or a keeper?

Temporary addition or a keeper?
Due to it being a morph with the mutations it may be a keeper. If it was normal I'd release it somewhere safe. But in this case it's a morph so I'm keeping it and if I get to the point I don't want it I'll find it a home lots of responsible breeders and enthusiasts would jump at a morph so shouldn't be a problem getting it a good home if I decided I get tired of taking care of it which isn't likely though in the first place

Due to it being a morph with the mutations it may be a keeper. If it was normal I'd release it somewhere safe. But in this case it's a morph so I'm keeping it and if I get to the point I don't want it I'll find it a home lots of responsible breeders and enthusiasts would jump at a morph so shouldn't be a problem getting it a good home if I decided I get tired of taking care of it which isn't likely though in the first place
What will be the food source?

I just gleamed the seller site.
Crazy amounts of color combinations.
Yes breeders have crazy variants. This guy is a wild morph so won't have the crazy color variants but it's pattern is definitely neat for a wild morph

Well that was a long hard day of doing things before it rained. Still I know I probably forgot to do a few things.
Eating dinner at 10pm, yippee. :hello2:
Good call on buttoning up.
Been a wet day here. I forgot a stove outside that could have been covered. Not that big a deal.
Did get the dirt work covering fire site completed in time.
Iffy for rain tomorrow.
Sat. again should be a rain day.
And temps are dropping with the second cold front coming through tonight..
40's F. for lows. 50's-60's F. for highs.

Good call on buttoning up.
Been a wet day here. I forgot a stove outside that could have been covered. Not that big a deal.
Did get the dirt work covering fire site completed in time.
Iffy for rain tomorrow.
Sat. again should be a rain day.
And temps are dropping with the second cold front coming through tonight..
40's F. for lows. 50's-60's F. for highs.
They're forecasting 6 days of rain here again.
Great that we have a nephew driving in to enjoy our world.
Hope he brings the rain gear, as he's always hiking some place.

They're forecasting 6 days of rain here again.
Great that we have a nephew driving in to enjoy our world.
Hope he brings the rain gear, as he's always hiking some place.
Lost track of the wind day or days. wild guess will be following the second cold front.

I did get the clover seed down yesterday. Been waiting for more than a chance of rain.
Added another grape vine section for deer to play with if they want it over the other two zip tied to alders so they droop from above.. Put scent down heavy in a couple spots nearby so they have an area to expect it.
Noted lots of flattened vegetation from bedding where deer bed in winter sometimes. Next to a main cut I watch. Something changed...

Won't be freezing here yet. Rain'll be alright. Wouldn't mind more in a few days for that clover seed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back