THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Hey JVA...
Look at a mental burden as carrying a suitcase or backpack...
Then look at yourself setting it down and walking away.
Leaving that suitcase your lugging around there at that moment in time in your life.
Walk away from it and keep walking... every second from that moment being another step away until those bags are no longer in sight.
I just have no clue what to do starting to break down in all honesty. Moody, times I just want nothing to do with anyone. Not enjoying my day off today as tomorrow i go to work and I hate the amount of anxiety I feel when I'm there and not being able to do most of what is needed to be done. I really loath struggling with such stupid things

I may have posted this before, but seems I should share. I use these grounding techniques when my anxiety attacks:

5-4-3-2-1 Technique
Using the 5-4-3-2-1 technique, you will purposefully take in the details of your surroundings using each of your senses. Strive to notice small details that your mind would usually tune out, such as distant sounds, or the texture of an ordinary object.
👀What are 5 things you can see? Look for small details such as a pattern on the ceiling, the way light reflects off a surface, or an object you never noticed.
✋What are 4 things you can feel? Notice the sensation of clothing on your body, the sun on your skin, or the feeling of the chair you are sitting in. Pick up an object and examine its weight, texture, and other physical qualities.
👂What are 3 things you can hear? Pay special attention to the sounds your mind has tuned out, such as a ticking clock, distant traffic, or trees blowing in the wind.
👃What are 2 things you can smell? Try to notice smells in the air around you, like an air freshener or freshly mowed grass. You may also look around for something that has a scent, such as a flower or an unlit candle.
🤤What is 1 thing you can taste? Carry gum, candy, or small snacks for this step. Pop one in your mouth and focus your attention closely on the flavors.

Ultimately it is a choice I have to make, let all that negativity ruin my life and make me miserable
No free beer huh?
As a teen a restaurant job called for making bar cheese sometimes. That required a cup of beer. Which required a pitcher of beer kept in the cooler after I had it filled in the lounge...
(And perhaps a pitcher kept there other times sometimes.)
Sunday champagne brunch meant I put a 70-90 lb. steamship roast in an oven with a pound or so of salt on it before leaving Sat. night.
And left over champagne in my coffee cup Sat. afternoon.
No I didn't just drink at work , or go to work to drink.
I ate good too!
I worked at LJS as a senior in high school. Pretty much every employee was in high school except for the manager and another lady. The assistant manager was in my class. She and her friends always closed the store. They went through a lot of kegs without selling many 🍺 🍺🍺.

gorskivoor.jpg

Taking the boy with me today so he can hang with the "coyote Peterson". He's gonna skip school and come to the Hollywood shoot with me. Coyote is great with the kids, and him and RJ hang out each time he comes. For a busy celebrity to slow down and actually spend some time with the fans is a rare thing these days, and my son loves these special times with Coyote Peterson!! The guy has been a positive influence and a great mentor about nature and conservation to my son.....they genuinely have a good time together....pretty special moments for us, weather or not our show ever makes it !! Im here to say that Coyote is a genuine and honest person with an incredible demeanor!! Im pretty sure we have forged a genuine friendship outside our working relationship. It's been a hell of a ride so far, and I hope to continue the journey!!View attachment 2105854
Coyote, Christina, and myself. On the way home after a long adventure together !! These 2 are incredible energy people, and have a battery life like mine !! We are similar souls !!
Where will we be able to keep up with the adventures of “Bart Reynolds and friends?

Ahoy ship mates! After a long,long time away... I'm back. Needless to say the property purchase has taken most of my time away, with decorating and flat pack furniture filling my days. But it's done now and I can get back on here, and back ot there! Tried Saturday just gone, but the weather here has been awful.
Welcome back !!

I found the 37 quarter then my friend found the Benjamin then I found another silver quarter and tied up with him and then he finds another Benjamin. What are the odds. Also, with $1.50 in silver there was no silver dimes.
Now it even sounds better !! WOOO HOOO !!

Nope.
Pet shop?
Zoo?
Flower shop?
Landscaping?
There are people who get paid to water plants. You'd need mobility.
Pet sitting? L.o.l. Squirrel fighting.)

No idea what's out your homes windows, was a time I should have learned concrete repair to patch steps when I lived in a city about a year. I did remove trees and over grown shrubs at a former in laws and could have kept going.
Just hauling stuff away when others worked on thier properties.
And today , people buy rocks. Meanwhile rocks are piled out of the way as nuisances elsewhere..
Firewood? Just some for a city fireplace on special occasion or emergency? Egads the money people pay for it to arrive and be stacked!

See the goins ons with stones and sticks? Nope you don't drive a truck or own a tractor?
Something from the 60's would be a hoot delivering with. Or to load with.
But what if you were only the middleman?

Storm downs trees. I see fee wood adds that once in a while have some good quality timber.
Guy messed up but is out again who did custom work for a woodworking hobbyist who finished (if such ever really happens) his home.
The guy had post sized trunks with burls on them. Where did he get them?
I've seen pine and cedar with burls I left alone.
But somewhere are more. Who owns them? What will thay cost you? How and when should you remove thier bark?
What are they worth?

Desert rats collect pretty stones. My now gone stepfather used to note them in AZ.
Guys makin do partly by what they find on/in the ground.

Steampunk art made with what? Industrial art from salvaged what?
No dread inn scrounging if done right. Or in art. Orin admiring natures flukes or insect or weather damaged / caused strange shapes in wood.
A vine chokes into a sapling and you make a walking stick out of it. How much $$?
Yes I look at prices.
Some get left on consignment at different places.
You could do that. You'd need stout sticks to start.
Look about. Resources abound.
People shun work you can do for them.
If you stress clearing my yard , keep clearing anyways. Yes that's still a sound oak sapling I removed. Take it with the rest of the debris.

Debris = compost.
People will pay you to collect and take thier leaves. And or grass.
Other people (if not the same) will pay you for compost.
Stump grinding. Nope. I never bought a grinder.
I have dug many stumps though. Yes gas lines electric lines water lines all need to be known. We have a number to call and utilities get marked.
I don't care to dig stumps any more.
You know how?, Care to learn? I could leave you alone to remove one. No stress. Just you and stump. Like a tooth to extract.Well ,kind of.
Oh my goodness. What about the hole left now? What about the stump itself? Where shall it go?
You don't drive a vintage truck...

Amish here hire rides.
When for work it is easy enough to figure they charge accordingly.
But they build and do construction. Meaning materials.
When it's from an Amish mill it's not like delivered from other sources. But the middleman (or who)sees it is delivered.

Can you get a stump and storm downed tree from my yard disappeared?
We both know the answer.
The right tree could produce woodchips. Or a bench. Ask Bart!

Ever look at how much people pay for a dozen worms?
Can you get away with raising worms? (likely yes.)

Neighbor is growing and selling "greens" from her basement.
Dirt light seeds water =greens. They buy dirt. Dirt! One source mixes worm castings with it. (Worm poop for money!)
I stay out of it thier grow , but would have you ask a couple local (nearest) chefs what they would like to be able to access.

Self serve honey the other day. Being locally sourced I should have stopped.
Have you ever been near a working hive? Were you anxious , or interested?
Self serve eggs spotted again last week.

People sell stuff "porch pick up".
You don't have to confront them.

Gourds. Grown. Dried. Then varnished.
Others cleaned out through a birdhouse hole and a perch added.
You can study size of holes per bird specie.
Scrap wood builds bird houses too.
How much for a raw one? How much for a painted one?

Garden marker stakes.
How long have people been decorating scrap wood and selling it?
Gardening went wild during covid.
Some of the people buying stones and sticks bought dirt!
I bought dirt! I bought terrible dirt!
Would have been a bargain to buy green beans from you probably. Or have you "build" me a garden. Could you? Absolutely. And/or you could sell instructions.
Years ago a temporary worker said he liked working for the temp service. He got to move around and experience lots of things. But more , he could work on his business of making and selling pamphlets. From which he derived income.
Hmm. write print/copy and staple and mail kind of stuff?
Today you don't even need paper! Though some folks would prefer such.
You know anything about chickens?
Anyone willing to pay for such intel?
Roses?
Do what ya love....money will eventually come to you !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back