THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning xx ooh u were all chatty last night… the FOMO is real when i have to go to sleep 😂😂 xx

Little update on my piges… the one that flew in didnt make it… so he got burried in himself’s wooded bit of the garden 😔 xx But the walk in, got collected by the pigeon rescue lady and is doing great… walking a lot better but her wing is damaged… so will live her life with the other grounded ones at the rescue 😍 xx

The rescue lady said she doesn’t know of any other houses pigeons willingly walk into when hurt… so that makes me feel super lucky 😍 xx
Awwww! Well thank you for being so kind and caring to the pigeons. I don’t think I have it in me for any bird.

Ahoy ship mates! After a long,long time away... I'm back. Needless to say the property purchase has taken most of my time away, with decorating and flat pack furniture filling my days. But it's done now and I can get back on here, and back ot there! Tried Saturday just gone, but the weather here has been awful.
Glad to see you back! Congratulations on the new property!

How was the mountain top Evan ??
It was great. It was nice to get out of the cloudy day, and into some sunshine
IMG_0687.jpeg

Ahoy and good morning mateys!

I'll be checking out for the rest of the week. Got my camper packed up and heading out now to a very remote spot for some hunting. (🎼 no phone, no lights, no motorcars, not a single luxury...)

Hopefully I'll have something to share when I get back in port.

HH all!
Be safe and happy hunting!

Yeah i have no idea what to do really
What do you like to do? What are you good at? (And don't say "nothing" -- everybody is good at something.). Now look at those and think about what industries use those skills, and look for work in those industries. You may not be able to start right off in what you want, but you can aim that direction. That's how I started back in the day -- my first "computer job" was as a delivery driver, but it got my foot in the door at a company I wanted to work for, and a whole career grew from there. You can do it too. Just figure out what you can do well, and hopefully enjoy doing, and look for someone that will pay you to do it.

What do you like to do? What are you good at? (And don't say "nothing" -- everybody is good at something.). Now look at those and think about what industries use those skills, and look for work in those industries. You may not be able to start right off in what you want, but you can aim that direction. That's how I started back in the day -- my first "computer job" was as a delivery driver, but it got my foot in the door at a company I wanted to work for, and a whole career grew from there. You can do it too. Just figure out what you can do well, and hopefully enjoy doing, and look for someone that will pay you to do it.
I'm though not good at anything. Don't know what I like really. Work is just work to me. So I have no idea

Awwww! Well thank you for being so kind and caring to the pigeons. I don’t think I have it in me for any bird.
I never thought I would be excited over the birds…but 1. It upsets my neighbour that I feed them…. So I delight in encouraging as many as possible to visit for snax twice a day …. And working from home, many hours are spent looking out the window and they are very endearing really…. 😍 x

IMG_9074.jpeg

I never thought I would be excited over the birds…but 1. It upsets my neighbour that I feed them…. So I delight in encouraging as many as possible to visit for snax twice a day …. And working from home, many hours are spent looking out the window and they are very endearing really…. 😍 x
Love the birds. We have bird feeders and bird houses all over. We rescued a trio of abandoned European Starling chicks a year ago. One had fallen from the nest and broken or severely injured his neck. He didn't make it, and neither did one of the other two. But one made it, and has thoroughly imprinted on us, so she's a pet now. She can talk (just her name (PeeWee) and a few phrases), she's very curious, and is just generally adorable. Love the birds. :)

IMG_9889.jpeg IMG_0399.jpeg IMG_1179.jpeg

Good morning xx ooh u were all chatty last night… the FOMO is real when i have to go to sleep 😂😂 xx

Little update on my piges… the one that flew in didnt make it… so he got burried in himself’s wooded bit of the garden 😔 xx But the walk in, got collected by the pigeon rescue lady and is doing great… walking a lot better but her wing is damaged… so will live her life with the other grounded ones at the rescue 😍 xx

The rescue lady said she doesn’t know of any other houses pigeons willingly walk into when hurt… so that makes me feel super lucky 😍 xx

Good morning everyone, work tomorrow so dread already setting in. Have to wake up at 4:30am the even more dreaded morning shift. I hate this job not because the work part just purely for how much dread and stress it brings me.
4:30 A.M. is like the middle of the night.

Had a shift awhile I'd leave home at 4:00 A.M.. Near an hour drive one way.
Time I woke up work was about half over...
Rough days , getting there was half the battle.
So , get there and wake up fully eventually ; the work day would be about done.

When not practiced often having to wake before I would if not alarmed (and I'm not alone in this) it's a case of not sleeping because of waiting to get up. And somehow stressed about not waking up in time.
Which makes no sense, but don't try to convince my brain.
Second night I'll sleep and the alarm will wake me up.
Third night I'll shut the alarm off just before it goes off after I sleep.
It's the odd times having to get up early. (Except for hunting. then I'm up late , nap , and then the alarm cheers me awake the first day. )

Don't really like anything about it.
No free beer huh?
As a teen a restaurant job called for making bar cheese sometimes. That required a cup of beer. Which required a pitcher of beer kept in the cooler after I had it filled in the lounge...
(And perhaps a pitcher kept there other times sometimes.)
Sunday champagne brunch meant I put a 70-90 lb. steamship roast in an oven with a pound or so of salt on it before leaving Sat. night.
And left over champagne in my coffee cup Sat. afternoon.
No I didn't just drink at work , or go to work to drink.
I ate good too!

No free beer huh?
As a teen a restaurant job called for making bar cheese sometimes. That required a cup of beer. Which required a pitcher of beer kept in the cooler after I had it filled in the lounge...
(And perhaps a pitcher kept there other times sometimes.)
Sunday champagne brunch meant I put a 70-90 lb. steamship roast in an oven with a pound or so of salt on it before leaving Sat. night.
And left over champagne in my coffee cup Sat. afternoon.
No I didn't just drink at work , or go to work to drink.
I ate good too!
I'm just getting closer to quitting I really can't keep up with this job. I feel quite useless at it. I get too confused, flustered, can't remember all the crap we have to remember. So I'm just about done with it. Same reason I don't drive too much going on and I can't keep up with it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back