THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Afternoon my lovelies xxx 🤗
Did someone say rain?? Im back in the truck… himself is out there some where 🤭!!! xx will of course offer to rub him down with some old newspapers when he eventually makes it back …. View attachment 2094021 😇 😂😂 xx
Well the pirates knew that were on the sweet side-but sugar you'z not going to melt in the rain. :laughing7:

However, me and my buddy did find a nice cool spot to get out of the heat. Can’t believe there’s snow/ice in Southern CaliforniaView attachment 2094034View attachment 2094035View attachment 2094033
That reminds me of picking in the Rockies, hot summers day and standing on a snow pack.
The water was cold that's for sure.
We dug for old bottles in a ghost town for years, the bottles were in the icy cold waters of the river.
The town was built on stilts along with all the sidewalks.
We found them laying 2ft under the muskeg.
Still 50 yrs later I still dream of what coins there could be lurking under the boards.

Oh ya the skeeters are very much alive this year.
The black flies were short lived, but the Deer flies are a pain this year.
Driving along slowly, look out at the side mirror and there's 20 buzzing around just waiting to attack.
Oh! I forgot the deer flies.
Yeah , wear a hat!!! I put a little bug spray on mine now and then , but a hat saves getting bit where heat rises off a head.

They like the black on the mirror backs , and vehicle heat.
I drive a slalom course down the dirt road , alternately hitting the mirrors on leafy branches on the way home.
Then stop out by the road and whop away at the deer flies around the mirror on my side with my hat.
If I don't they'll be up where I park. And show up out back with the dogs.

On the way out to the main road I encourage hitch hikers.
Some can hang on at 50 m.p.h. still out there. Fine with me. They're goin for a ride!

Oh! I forgot the deer flies.
Yeah , wear a hat!!! I put a little bug spray on mine now and then , but a hat saves getting bit where heat rises off a head.

They like the black on the mirror backs , and vehicle heat.
I drive a slalom course down the dirt road , alternately hitting the mirrors on leafy branches on the way home.
Then stop out by the road and whop away at the deer flies around the mirror on my side with my hat.
If I don't they'll be up where I park. And show up out back with the dogs.

On the way out to the main road I encourage hitch hikers.
Some can hang on at 50 m.p.h. still out there. Fine with me. They're goin for a ride!
Suckers can fly pretty fast also. Spiders are the greatest hanger-on'rs. If it gets too windy they just crawl back behind the mirror again. Had some live there for a whole summer, got real personal after a while, they wouldn't hide when I got into the truck even. :laughing7:

Well JVA5TH inspired me to keep the stomping down.
So I catch them add water, then I feed them to the chickens. 🤣
20230713_142509.jpg

Ya just what I wanted more Japanese Beatles.
Chickens are delighted at the twice a day feeding. 😀

However, me and my buddy did find a nice cool spot to get out of the heat. Can’t believe there’s snow/ice in Southern

Well JVA5TH inspired me to keep the stomping down.
So I catch them add water, then I feed them to the chickens. 🤣
View attachment 2094044
Ya just what I wanted more Japanese Beatles.
Chickens are delighted at the twice a day feeding. 😀
I like critters and hate killing things but in this case I understand when a critters becomes a pest. Not bad either you feed them to your chickens so not a waste. I'm fine with stuff like this I just hate needless killing and I'll give my two cents when I catch people doing it. A guys on a quad ran a gopher snakes head over on purpose when I was taking a walk lucky him he took off and I didn't see him again I'm not nice when it comes to crap like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back