THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

The instructions are to hit the nut with a hammer. Dig the meat out with a pick.
A pound of shelled takes an hour.
The old oak has seen better days. One of the first growth trees.
The red oak beside it was 5 3/4' through, and hollow as well. The tree guys figured it was 500-600 yrs old.
Old trees!
If you've read Leopold's Sand County Almanac when he cuts down a lightning blasted old oak and recounts history as he(they) progress through it's rings with a two man saw...

Them old trees were/are witnesses to much. even with quiet lapses.
But eons?
Lives and species....

Acorns? meant visits by acorn eaters.
Birds man could and did kill with sticks in plenty.
Crazy.
So man over does it.
Let's pretend to be surprised.
And your old oaks? Just watch.

leopold was aware when he dumped his stove ashes it was another tree form.
The book is far better than attempts to tell of it but..

Good morning!!! Yay i made it… 1 year aboard this ship!! 😆 xx

While we may not leave port, boy do we get to see the world 😳 the highs and the lows, the good the bad and the not so pretty😆 xx thank you all for being just lovely 😍 xx im off to celebrate by grabbing me some muddy booty 😆 … but rain nd thunder storm’s forecast so will see how we go 😬 xx

Big hugs to u all today as ever xx 🤗🤗

Good morning!!! Yay i made it… 1 year aboard this ship!! 😆 xx

While we may not leave port, boy do we get to see the world 😳 the highs and the lows, the good the bad and the not so pretty😆 xx thank you all for being just lovely 😍 xx im off to celebrate by grabbing me some muddy booty 😆 … but rain nd thunder storm’s forecast so will see how we go 😬 xx

Big hugs to u all today as ever xx 🤗🤗
Well it certainly has been a great year for all of us having you on the ship.
You are certainly a breath of fresh air I might add.
Also having dug so many little treasures, and certainly one so deserved to be up on the banner (grumblings from the bilge rats)
You're up lifting greetings always are a highlight of the day.
Hope you have a wet free digging today.

Also having dug so many little treasures, and certainly one so deserved to be up on the banner (grumblings from the bilge rats)
Geez.
I was thinking it's time to suggest it's her turn to row an oar a while.

But your post is good too...
:laughing7:

Mornin all.

OIP.1rIqoNqIQSf3c1Pd6bRBTAHaFw

Good morning all

I’m gonna ride up to the big boulder with the grinding holes and see if I can find any evidence of a native American site, wish me luckView attachment 2093860
Good luck I've found a few bedrock grinding sites in Central California all that was left was some signs of quartz being processed. I've never managed to find native artifacts being the bedrock grindstone sites. Hope you have much better luck than I

Ahh thanks Peps, I adore being here! Yeah.. Bann …‘cough’ er …!! 😂😂

To mark today’s special day I dug 3 cracking Romans, including a Silver one for you all …. It still blows my mind to be able to find coins that are nearly 2000 years old….. 🤯…. ! enjoy xxx 💕 🤗

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back