THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

These little medicine/opium bottles were dug from the CPRail construction camps in BC, 1880-1885 era.
There was usually a camp at one end of a large rock cut, or tunnel.
There would be a dutch oven, and lots of glass.
Having only the early model metal detectors White's Gold Master metal/mineral only. So it was useless, unless one felt like digging everything, and it would be an endless task.
So we dug, probed for old bottles, there would be hundreds of opium tins at certain sites that were just left.
The little vials/ampules were hard to come by intact, always broken it seems. water would get in them, then freeze would break them.
The weird thing is that they would break years later while in the house on the bottle shelf. We'd hear a snap-"Go see if another one broke" was the comment.
The 2 little round seed bottles on either side of he quarter are so fragile, yet they stood the test of time to be saved.

Air traffic today has been heavy, and cool. Three Black Hawk helicopters, four apaches, and I think a WWII bomber flew past at different times. Of course I didn't have my camera at the time. :/

One never has a camera when a UFO flies by, either. :laughing7:

One never has a camera when a UFO flies by, either. :laughing7:

I always seem to check my Rum bottle for "floaties" or some strange order when I see UFO's.

And on that note... Off to the oblivion of sleep.

Night TreasureNet.

In the hopes that this Holiday finds everyone well and safe. Happy Fourth folks.

Good morning WD

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ALL ON THIS JULY4TH.2020

All I know that today is another notch on the belt of sobriety.
35yrs old today so I'm gonna go and play in the dirt. Get harrassed by bloodsucking insects, in temps that feel 100F.
Get dirty knees, hands and dream on every high tone beep.
Being alone in the bush covered site, one with his own thoughts, and dreams.
This will be my special day, actually I will remember this one clearly as I will drink no rum.
A 40 a day, it kept life at bay, that's all I can say.

I just had a trespasser and I was totally peeved. I just finished loading a whole dump trailer with blocks of cut wood.
I'm hot, thirsty, haven't eaten lunch yet. So I hear/see a car drive by at 5mph by the house, and I see this dude looking, no law broken.
My garage door is open though, but I don't think too much about it.
Then the car stops at the shop gate 300ft up the road, and I can see the guy go into the yard.

I book it up the back lane, photo of plate, and him in the yard taking photos of equipment, and the firetruck.
I do a yell out, and ask what is he doing?
Oh I was just taking pictures.
No acknowledgement that he passed 3 No Trespassing signs, Do Not Enter sign.
"Oh I thought it didn't matter "
I just wanted him to acknowledge the signage.
Nope, he wasn't going there.
I swore and he stated "Don't you swear at me, I'm on public property now."
As he's getting in the car he says. "I have lots of friends"
So I called the cops, they came, and told me that the car was registered to a place on the other side of Ottawa, and I'm 1.5 hr drive on this side.
There officer asked me if I had a description-I even told her the colour of he dudes socks in this sandals. I have a picture to if you like. "OK"
Early 30's, wearing all the sport logo crap, big round plastic sunglasses.
I seriously felt like taking the fire extinguisher and shoving it into the shorts.
I just told the cop there's 2 ways of handling the situation.
The street way, or the way we are doing it now, which I prefer at this age.
She agreed and said she'll take care of it.

Some people's children, just no respect, entitled brats.

Good morning Jim! :hello:

This is really worrisome to me, what was he doing... 'casing your place'? :icon_scratch:

Sounds like you might want to start putting up some security cameras and signage to let these 'city people' know that the place is under surveillance and you're watching them!

What exactly does this mean... "She agreed and said she'll take care of it."

If I were you I'd put up a couple of signs that say, "I shoot first ask questions later"!

Attachments

• 71Tsc8SYWrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71Tsc8SYWrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 26
  • MjAxMi1jZGM0MjBmYjA3NThkM2Ez.png
    MjAxMi1jZGM0MjBmYjA3NThkM2Ez.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 26
Morning WD, Dave, AARC, pepperj

Good morning Jim! :hello:

This is really worrisome to me, what was he doing... 'casing your place'? :icon_scratch:

Sounds like you might want to start putting up some security cameras and signage to let these 'city people' know that the place is under surveillance and you're watching them!

What exactly does this mean... "She agreed and said she'll take care of it."

If I were you I'd put up a couple of signs that say, "I shoot first ask questions later"!

I just tell them I grew up on the streets of life.

"I just told the cop there's 2 ways of handling the situation.
The street way, or the way we are doing it now, which I prefer at this age."

That's why she agreed to take care of it.

I said to her "Your here to protect me-aren't you?

(Dave-their really there to protect me-from myself):laughing7:

35yrs ago it would of been hit first-then ask questions of "What are you doing on my property"
Now it's more bark-bark.

I just had a trespasser and I was totally peeved. I just finished loading a whole dump trailer with blocks of cut wood.
I'm hot, thirsty, haven't eaten lunch yet. So I hear/see a car drive by at 5mph by the house, and I see this dude looking, no law broken.
My garage door is open though, but I don't think too much about it.
Then the car stops at the shop gate 300ft up the road, and I can see the guy go into the yard.

I book it up the back lane, photo of plate, and him in the yard taking photos of equipment, and the firetruck.
I do a yell out, and ask what is he doing?
Oh I was just taking pictures.
No acknowledgement that he passed 3 No Trespassing signs, Do Not Enter sign.
"Oh I thought it didn't matter "
I just wanted him to acknowledge the signage.
Nope, he wasn't going there.
I swore and he stated "Don't you swear at me, I'm on public property now."
As he's getting in the car he says. "I have lots of friends"
So I called the cops, they came, and told me that the car was registered to a place on the other side of Ottawa, and I'm 1.5 hr drive on this side.
There officer asked me if I had a description-I even told her the colour of he dudes socks in this sandals. I have a picture to if you like. "OK"
Early 30's, wearing all the sport logo crap, big round plastic sunglasses.
I seriously felt like taking the fire extinguisher and shoving it into the shorts.
I just told the cop there's 2 ways of handling the situation.
The street way, or the way we are doing it now, which I prefer at this age.
She agreed and said she'll take care of it.

Some people's children, just no respect, entitled brats.

I would have said to his statement of "I have lots of friends"...

"I only have 2 friends right now".

And lifted my fists.

:)

Morning rook and ARC. :wave:

Happy Independence Day to all of my American friends!
:occasion14:

Attachments

• W-July-4-2018-Independence-Day.png
    W-July-4-2018-Independence-Day.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 23

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back