THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I just had a trespasser and I was totally peeved. I just finished loading a whole dump trailer with blocks of cut wood.
I'm hot, thirsty, haven't eaten lunch yet. So I hear/see a car drive by at 5mph by the house, and I see this dude looking, no law broken.
My garage door is open though, but I don't think too much about it.
Then the car stops at the shop gate 300ft up the road, and I can see the guy go into the yard.

I book it up the back lane, photo of plate, and him in the yard taking photos of equipment, and the firetruck.
I do a yell out, and ask what is he doing?
Oh I was just taking pictures.
No acknowledgement that he passed 3 No Trespassing signs, Do Not Enter sign.
"Oh I thought it didn't matter "
I just wanted him to acknowledge the signage.
Nope, he wasn't going there.
I swore and he stated "Don't you swear at me, I'm on public property now."
As he's getting in the car he says. "I have lots of friends"
So I called the cops, they came, and told me that the car was registered to a place on the other side of Ottawa, and I'm 1.5 hr drive on this side.
There officer asked me if I had a description-I even told her the colour of he dudes socks in this sandals. I have a picture to if you like. "OK"
Early 30's, wearing all the sport logo crap, big round plastic sunglasses.
I seriously felt like taking the fire extinguisher and shoving it into the shorts.
I just told the cop there's 2 ways of handling the situation.
The street way, or the way we are doing it now, which I prefer at this age.
She agreed and said she'll take care of it.

Some people's children, just no respect, entitled brats.

here ya go pepperj
Whiskey, beer, wine, and gin must of been the three main drinks. Not much rum as the cellar keys are always hidden as I understand.
Nice collection of glass bart.
I never have gotten tired of looking at bottles.

Jim, a beer kit supply store should have the replacement rubber rings if not amazon for sure will.
I did replace a few marble soda ones 45 yrs ago, when it was passion.

Air traffic today has been heavy, and cool. Three Black Hawk helicopters, four apaches, and I think a WWII bomber flew past at different times. Of course I didn't have my camera at the time. :/

Afternoon RCT. Got to mow everything today. 102 heat index at the moment. That's Purdy tough on an ole guy.:laughing7:

jim,
Another popular beverage back in the day was ginger beer along with apple cider. Would imagine most of the cider though was home made and not in commercial bottles.

Whiskey, beer, wine, and gin must of been the three main drinks. Not much rum as the cellar keys are always hidden as I understand.
Nice collection of glass bart.
I never have gotten tired of looking at bottles.

Three days of Gettysburg, in relics.

DSC_0235.jpg

Bullets and artillery shell piece from locations such as McPhersons Ridge, Herrs Ridge, Reynolds Woods, and the Fairfield Road, First Days Battle

DSC_0236.jpg

Artifacts from the second day, including relics from The Peach Orchard, Devils Den, Little Roundtop, the Roundtop saddle, the Trostle Farm, and Excelsior field.

DSC_0240.jpg

Relics from the Third day, including ones from Culps Hill, Seminary Ridge, Rock Creek, Picketts Charge and the Virginia Memorial (shell frag).

Back at you bart. The big one in the is a qrt. Beer.The quarter and dime are for sizing.
20200703_182238.jpg

DSC_0723.jpg

I gotta chime in as well... this is only the best of my bottles. There's about 30 or more elsewhere out of the picture.

:laughing7: looks like the battle of the bottles. Who would have thought. :laughing7:

I'm in for the battle of the Pull tabs. :laughing7:

rook,

Jim posts 10 bottles and you counter with i'll match your 10 with pulltabs and raise another 10 pulltabs....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

This could go on all night...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back