THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

What kills me is some of them are dumb as a bag of rocks... they do the same ones over and over and over and over... for days.

They have no money to fix something... but they spend 200 on that crap... then sit there like and insane person doing the same thing over and over and over all night.

I mean I get bored after the fifth one.

My grandmother once said to me after I asked if she would like to take her / go to the beach and watch...

She says.. "why would I ever do that" ?

I said "well to watch them"...

she says "I saw them already"...

I say..."what do you mean you saw them already" ?

She says "in 1968 I saw them... and that was enough... why would I want to see them again" ?

I just chuckled.

She had a point. :)

Benson & Hedges used to sponsor the Symphony Of Fire 4/5 countries competing then a grand slam on the final night. It was pretty cool I have to admit, but when there was still air-gag, choke, gag and one couldn't really see anything for the smoke. Now I just think of all those pretty chemicals being thrown around into the water/air.

It's the fireworks that is always a concern and certain counties around here have banned them already because of the fire concerns.
Then again most folks are responsible and then there's the brainless ones that haven't figured it out.

One of the most impressive fireworks displays I've seen was in Houston TX on July 4th back in the early 80's.
The other big celebration event was New Years in Phoenix AZ, all the gun shots going off at midnight. I was thinking what goes up-does come down.:icon_scratch:

Yeah... idiots firing in sky... f---king morons... its highly illegal here... as well should be.

Every year someone is injured badly and roofs, cars etc are damaged from falling rounds from this.

Yeah... idiots firing in sky... f---king morons... its highly illegal here... as well should be.

Every year someone is injured badly and roofs, cars etc are damaged from falling rounds from this.
At first I thought it was fireworks-then fire crackers (m60/80), then I realized what I was hearing.

I just went inside-closed the door.

My grandmothers mentality was... how much could the fireworks have changed... she saw them... they were neat... but that was that. heh

I am the same way... I mean if I see them I look... then I am off into something else.

I think 2 years ago I went... with a group... we saw very little... for we talked and drank instead. :P

Morning bill, ARC, pepper.

This is going to be an interesting 4th...

We have a lot of protesting going on... not sure how that "mix" is going to work out. heh

Good morning ARC, Jim, Bill & rook! :hello:

Thankfully, last night we got an hour long downpour, right after I put out the lawn sprinkler too. :laughing7:

Still debating whether I should hit a couple of parks this morning before the humidity gets to me.

ARC,

I used to see the fireworks for several years in a row, however, there's a back story to it. Montreal hosts an International fireworks competition every year.

The fireworks are shot over the river for safety purposes and my company used to buy tickets for us and customers for a boat outing 5 course meal, dinner, dancing, wine, the whole bit. Like you I probably spent more time drinking and yacking than watching the show....lol.

My grandmothers mentality was... how much could the fireworks have changed... she saw them... they were neat... but that was that. heh

I am the same way... I mean if I see them I look... then I am off into something else.

I think 2 years ago I went... with a group... we saw very little... for we talked and drank instead. :P

I remember once while taking care of an old fellow that had health issues, I was his driver most days as he felt under the weather.

He says one day "Go and deliver this package to Rosie"

Rosie?

"MY WIFE!"

Ok-And where I might find this wife Rosie Jim?

"AT HER HOUSE!" (followed by intelligence insult)

Ok-But I have no arfing clue who/where this Rosie is.

"Oh-sorry-I thought you had met her"

Nope.

"OK-Take this road......"

Thanks

"Oh-by the way she can be testy" ( and who's calling who-I'm thinking?)

So I drive out into the desert literally for miles off the main hwy. There it is a big house trailer all neat and tidy and a woman on the front porch with a long barrel pointing right down my hood of the /76 TBird.
I slam on the brakes a good 200ft away (thinking maybe it won't hurt as much this far away).

She yells out-"What Ya Want!!

I have a package from Jim.

"Just put it on the ground-good-bye"

Later sitting at the counter in the restaurant he asked me "Well how was she?"

Testy:laughing7:

Then he says "Did she have the long or short barrel?"

Long

"Oh she's in a good mood then"???:icon_scratch:

Morning Bill, rook, Dave.

Good morning Dave good luck on the park detecting.

I just have to let a little secret go here Bill-then I'll duck.

You see Dave has this wood chip addiction he can't shake.

These wood chips are in little play areas I understand-(you've seen pictures I'm sure) around play zones that are called....

TOT-LOTS :laughing7:

Just ribbing you buddy-good luck with the morning hunt Dave.

I just have to let a little secret go here Bill-then I'll duck.

You see Dave has this wood chip addiction he can't shake.

These wood chips are in little play areas I understand-(you've seen pictures I'm sure) around play zones that are called....

TOT-LOTS :laughing7:

Just ribbing you buddy-good luck with the morning hunt Dave.

I hear you Jim, as you well know parks are not my favourite places to detect, far too much trash in the ground. :BangHead:

But I'll be the first to admit it, I have an addiction... I'm addicted to metal detecting!

I blame all of you guys for feeding this addiction! :thumbsup:
Loved the 'shot-gun' story too Jim! :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC
Back