THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning releventchair.

Bart,

One thing I'm realizing or getting a better perspective on with all this mess is what really counts in life.

Family, friends, a roof over our head and food on the table. Whether it's the stock markets or nice to have items most of that stuff is just fluff.

We should all count our blessing that we have our basics covered first and foremost.

Bill I'm very confused....I had some substantial plans in the bahamas and slowly like a car crash in slow motion it takes awhile to realize that those plans are long gone. Time to move on and get back on the galleon trail and see how this T.V. project unfolds. Sadly my bahama hunts are more than likely done for the season. What a waist of time and money.....damn covid-19. On the plus side I will thank the lord for my family and I's health !

Made this the other night an easy way to add a bit of flavour to the tasteless supermarket tomatoes we all get off season.

I used a couple of Roma tomatoes, however, pretty much any good sized tomato will do. Thick slices and generously seasoned with salt and pepper and let drain on one on paper towel.

After 1/2 hour flip them over and season the other side.

Chop up a generous amount of garlic.

Saute the tomatoes in a fair amount of olive oil, add the garlic for a couple of minutes.

Then add a small container or v8 or tomato juice and simmer for a few minutes to bring out the flavours.

Divide the tomato slices in bowls, scoop up the juice and garlic and spread it in each.

Toast up some nice bread to sop up the juices after eating the tomatoes. Sprinkle with parsley either fresh or dry.

Nice and easy recipe.

Attachments

• DSC03024.JPG
    DSC03024.JPG
    419.6 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC03027.JPG
    DSC03027.JPG
    357.4 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC03030.JPG
    DSC03030.JPG
    354 KB · Views: 58
I knew it! People are beginning to rebel.

Gov. Beshears press conference is going on right now, and all you can hear is an angry mob outside. I means I'm waiting for them to bust in with torches and pitchforks, they sound pi$$ed!! Same thing happened in Michigan today.

Didn't I say yesterday that this would happen?

Gov. Beshears press conference is going on right now, and all you can hear is an angry mob outside. I means I'm waiting for them to bust in with torches and pitchforks, they sound pi$$ed!! Same thing happened in Michigan today.

It's been going on in Ohio, too. My younger 2nd cousin was one of the protesters. His fiance is a nurse in Dayton. He said that the hospitals here have laid off 1/3 of the nurses. Now, I can speculate a couple different reasons for doing that: we are not in dire need at the moment so maybe they are freeing them up to go help elsewhere in the country and/or keeping them rested and healthy for when they are needed. He is saying it's because the virus isn't as bad as what media has hyped it up. IDK :dontknow:

It's been going on in Ohio, too. My younger 2nd cousin was one of the protesters. His fiance is a nurse in Dayton. He said that the hospitals here have laid off 1/3 of the nurses. Now, I can speculate a couple different reasons for doing that: we are not in dire need at the moment so maybe they are freeing them up to go help elsewhere in the country and/or keeping them rested and healthy for when they are needed. He is saying it's because the virus isn't as bad as what media has hyped it up. IDK :dontknow:

The people outside were chanting, "we want to work!" and "abortion is not essential!"

Not rocket science.....but....I gotta ask. Do we *really* want to invite the world we're trying to escape from, down the rabbit hole to here? :icon_scratch:

Rusty,

Well for what it's worth since Japan was ahead of the curve with the covid-19 and being in Asia they took drastic measures.

Since they flattened the curve, etc....they started heading back to normal. Now the 2nd wave is hitting them as a result if people insist on revolting against the clampdown guess what happens?

It's called natural selection(survival of the fittest). Those who refuse to take the necessary precautions risk getting the virus and passing it along. People either take the tough medicine now or they'll have to swallow a much tougher pill down the road.

Today I went to Walmart to get my turkey license.

Nothing interesting happened. :/

Off like a three legged pin ball machine.

Night.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back