THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Mornin' fellas.

We're going to have to completely replace the roof of the house, and the garage because of new damage last night. The tornado weakened the shingles on our house, and the 60+ mph winds took some more off last night, as well as damaging the garage again. A quarter of our barn roof has been ripped up too. I wouldn't be surprised to see the whole thing go later today.

Serious work ahead of you all.
Having three guys and your supervisor will help...
And you'll get out of burning trees for almost a week. (Maybe.)

ARGH! I have to go to work! Not work from home via the laptop, but actual, physical workplace. Shiver me Timbers!

... About to get hit hard with a bad storm shortly. Possible tornado activity.
Me and the dog are on the floor in the bathroom with pillows blankets and a mattress ready to pull on top ..
Should be over by 8am EST. It’s moving at 75 mpg. A nasty one. Next house I buy will have a good old fashion basement.
Well it’s just about here. Prayer appreciated.

A prayer and shelter from the storm.

Good morning mateys!
Have some good news - my youngest has been checking his bank account frequently, and today there is $1,200 pending from federal till Wednesday.

The wife and I didn't do direct deposit. . . we get to wait . . :blackbeard:

Off to Walmart for necessities shopping. New law = new game we play. >:)

Got some new Gettysburg finds today, post pics later.

Good afternoon, Idaho. A little relief for your youngest. :icon_thumleft:

WD,
He is all pumped. Probably thinking what to do . . what to do.
The wife's sister said she got hers today. I'm sure it will come in handy. She too was smiling about it. She'll treat herself with something, I'm sure.
I know we would lol.

Wonder what ever happened to sanman ?

Thanks WHADIFIND:occasion14:

No prob.

Except the one I have staying up one step on this depression.

I do like all the people....just having trouble showing it. Getting more difficult for me to *want* to do the small work of logging in....replying.

Stay safe.

Forgive me whilst I find a way to give back....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-13-18-14-34-1.png
    Screenshot_2020-04-13-18-14-34-1.png
    66 KB · Views: 30
No prob.

I do like all the people....just having trouble showing it. Getting more difficult for me to *want* to do the small work of logging in....replying.

Stay safe.

At least pop in for roll call.
Always free insults too if ya need any...:laughing7:

You've cheered lots of us up over time with your adventures detecting.
Don't stop now.

Hey WHADIFIND
We horse around a lot. Don't take anything personal. We keep it light with Bill's music, barts treasures, RR's women's advice, ARC's warnings about posting pics,WD's funny pics, Simon and Tom's humor, Idahodutch always has something going on and I can't forget GB1 with his humor. We also have newer guys and gals that are starting to visit more frequently. Hang in there with us.

Last edited:
WHADIFIND,

I'm certainly not an expert in these matters.

I can tell you a story about me when I got an early retirement offer I took it.

I was probably on the edge of a burnout at the time and didn't know it at the time. Like you didn't really have much in the way of energy or zest, etc...

So then and there I decided to go out for a daily walk after breakfast rain or shine winter, summer, etc...I'd say it took me the better part of 6 months to pull myself out of that funk. That's close to 20 years now so it's worth a shot.

Also try to eat lots of fruits, veggies and other real food instead of prepared stuff because we are what we eat.

You can do it!

No prob.

Stay safe.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back