THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Here's my new relic, a 4 in. piece of 10 lb. Parrot artillery shell from Excelsior field, Gettysburg Pa. This particular piece was found by local relic hunter, John Cullison, and was donated to the Rosensteel museum by him. Excelsior field bordered the Peach Orchard, and was under hot an d heavy artillery fire on July 2nd, 1863 during Longstreet's assault.

I love your history lessons.

G.I.B.

Holy cow for awhile there I thought you got marooned or you pulled a kamikaze dive with that plane of yours..... :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

How you doing buddy?

In these fun times of being stuck at home I've discovered that when I put my coffee cup, full of water for making tea, into the microwave... a setting of 2 minutes and 7 seconds will, 1. Sufficently heat the water. 2. Return the cup to the exact spot I originally placed it thusly making it easy to take the cup back out.

View attachment 1819960

WD
What you cooking today?

Ok here's what I did.

Browned one lb. ground beef. Opened a jar of RAGU and added it to the ground beef. Cooked some pasta shells. Plopped the shells on our plates, added meat sauce and topped with mozzarella. Now that's easy peasy and quick. :laughing7: Time to go back outside.

Sorry, Bill. Not that brave to try it. I am not a fan of onions, except the french onion dip you posted. Put the ingredients on my next shopping list.

Man, that looks off my diet.

ECS,

Someone in my area asked my opinion on what's going on....well some naive types are saying just another flu....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: not.

I told them based on recent history the contagion rate and death rate probably ranks up there with the Spanish flu which apparently had 3 wave before running out of steam. Final death tally was somewhere between 10 and 50 million worldwide when the population was much less.

In my opinion it ain't over by a long shot. Try to lay low long shelf life staples and other emergency supplies. Let's just hope things don't get to crazy out there going forward.

More like Old World Black Plaguepalooza.

Ok here's what I did.

Browned one lb. ground beef. Opened a jar of RAGU and added it to the ground beef. Cooked some pasta shells. Plopped the shells on our plates, added meat sauce and topped with mozzarella. Now that's easy peasy and quick. :laughing7: Time to go back outside.

Old saying.
He who complains , cooks.

Then there's the old saying , no man was ever shot while doing dishes.

I say ,thank you for fixin the meal.
Then do dishes every couple three days...:icon_thumright:

Vent time.

For the past several years, I have been a turkey hunting guide for a local outfitter. Every year, I'd take the same people out, and I'd get to know them, even become friends with them. I've taken out this little girl and her dad for the past five years, and she has become almost like an annoying little sister to me, and her dad a valuable friend in the railroading world. I've taken this one Oklahomian out for the past two years, and I even bought his TV camera (works great!). I've taken out Floridians, Nebraskians, Canadians, and ACK! New Yorkers. I've hunted with basketball players (high school) a CW reenactor, and even U.S. Combat troops. One was a 20 something combat army medic (she was cool, and she knows how to cook spare ribs better than my dad - don't tell him that) and another was a guy who served in Afghanistan and knew every cuss word in the book, and was a great story teller. I've even hunted with railroad engineers and conductors.

Well because of this Corona virus, nobody at all is coming this year. I'd make close to $1,000 every spring guiding, mowing, repairing, etc. Now I'll just have to mow and repair. This place was the only place I'd ever talk to people voluntarily. It was actually kinda therapeutic. Oh well.

Rusty,

Sorry about the drop in pay.....up the garden space and try to sell some organic produce surplus this summer if you have a local outlet to make up at least some of it.

You've always got the crew here for socializing hang in there buddy and we'll all get over this.

Vent time.

For the past several years, I have been a turkey hunting guide for a local outfitter. Every year, I'd take the same people out, and I'd get to know them, even become friends with them. I've taken out this little girl and her dad for the past five years, and she has become almost like an annoying little sister to me, and her dad a valuable friend in the railroading world. I've taken this one Oklahomian out for the past two years, and I even bought his TV camera (works great!). I've taken out Floridians, Nebraskians, Canadians, and ACK! New Yorkers. I've hunted with basketball players (high school) a CW reenactor, and even U.S. Combat troops. One was a 20 something combat army medic (she was cool, and she knows how to cook spare ribs better than my dad - don't tell him that) and another was a guy who served in Afghanistan and knew every cuss word in the book, and was a great story teller. I've even hunted with railroad engineers and conductors.

Well because of this Corona virus, nobody at all is coming this year. I'd make close to $1,000 every spring guiding, mowing, repairing, etc. Now I'll just have to mow and repair. This place was the only place I'd ever talk to people voluntarily. It was actually kinda therapeutic. Oh well.

Sorry bout your drop in income RR. Maybe more mowing will come your way.

It was more for something to do, but money helped. Saturdays are boring. No school, and we never go anywhere anyway. Working at the lodge gives me something to do.

Time for the horizon.

G night Tnet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back