THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning, again. Sorry for the disappearance.

Rook, IDK what I am cooking. Maybe something in the crock pot so that I can go outside.

A beautiful spring morn!

S.W. wind bringing methane from the landfill.
Might be time to call and ask why they are not flaring it off...

My attempts at yard work are showing effect.
A male Robin has been serenading out back all morning.
Bragging up the mess of a yard up to an unseen lady Robin...
Here is a great nesting site. Here is a hunting ground to feed young.
No cat in sight.

Other males can be heard farther away. Laying claims to territories and practicing threat calls when they fly down to the ground. Then back up in a tree to serenade some more.
There/they are the male songs of Robins you can tell , but subtle nuance and individuality in them too. The one in the back yard seems young , and volume seems more important that precision , for now.

A nuthatch came in out back , indifferent to the Robins seductive attempts at being the neighborhood Pavarotti , but at the same time steering clear of the male Robin staking a claim as it climbed about looking for brunch as nuthatches are wont to do.

Last nights rain settled the dust.
Hints of green raise hope for some roots to hold the sand if not driven or trod on too much. Which is often the case when it's dry.
Winter plowing is hard on the prior years attempts at colonization by weeds and grasses.
But , we'll see what this year brings ....

Plantain is not emerging yet.
I've tried to get the oak and maple leaves off where it thrives, and warned the ladyfriend to keep the dogs from insulting the best area of it. Ya, we'll see there too..

Good morning, again. Sorry for the disappearance.

Rook, IDK what I am cooking. Maybe something in the crock pot so that I can go outside.

Great idea. I’ve never had a hot air fryer contraption but after a few video’s, I’m hooked.:laughing7:

Beeps, Prayers said for your Grandmother that she will get better and make a full recovery.

DSC_1014.jpg

Here's my new relic, a 4 in. piece of 10 lb. Parrot artillery shell from Excelsior field, Gettysburg Pa. This particular piece was found by local relic hunter, John Cullison, and was donated to the Rosensteel museum by him. Excelsior field bordered the Peach Orchard, and was under hot an d heavy artillery fire on July 2nd, 1863 during Longstreet's assault.

Good afternoon Crew mates I couldn’t quite catch the ship this morning.
Multiple phone calls and 3 family members are here for now...2 will give you a run for your money, 1 1/2 yrs & 20 months...both mobile!

Thank you devldog, she is improving, against the doctors predictions. She has a ways to go, not outa the woods or ICU yet, but headed in the right direction.

Very nice fragments Rusty!

In these fun times of being stuck at home I've discovered that when I put my coffee cup, full of water for making tea, into the microwave... a setting of 2 minutes and 7 seconds will, 1. Sufficently heat the water. 2. Return the cup to the exact spot I originally placed it thusly making it easy to take the cup back out.

Last edited:
Hi GIB , I’m about to raid the freezer for some Cow by-product...ice cream!

Hey Msbeepbeep and Welcome GIB

A beautiful spring morn!

S.W. wind bringing methane from the landfill.
Might be time to call and ask why they are not flaring it off...

My attempts at yard work are showing effect.
A male Robin has been serenading out back all morning.
Bragging up the mess of a yard up to an unseen lady Robin...
Here is a great nesting site. Here is a hunting ground to feed young.
No cat in sight.

Other males can be heard farther away. Laying claims to territories and practicing threat calls when they fly down to the ground. Then back up in a tree to serenade some more.
There/they are the male songs of Robins you can tell , but subtle nuance and individuality in them too. The one in the back yard seems young , and volume seems more important that precision , for now.

A nuthatch came in out back , indifferent to the Robins seductive attempts at being the neighborhood Pavarotti , but at the same time steering clear of the male Robin staking a claim as it climbed about looking for brunch as nuthatches are wont to do.

Last nights rain settled the dust.
Hints of green raise hope for some roots to hold the sand if not driven or trod on too much. Which is often the case when it's dry.
Winter plowing is hard on the prior years attempts at colonization by weeds and grasses.
But , we'll see what this year brings ....

Plantain is not emerging yet.
I've tried to get the oak and maple leaves off where it thrives, and warned the ladyfriend to keep the dogs from insulting the best area of it. Ya, we'll see there too..

RChair,

That was a great description. Took me away to the back porch, enjoying a cup of coffee and listening to the singing birds.

It's National No Housework Day. Huh. I didn't even know it and I was already celebrating it. ROFL. No don't. It needs swept. :tongue3:

In these fun times of being stuck at home I've discovered that when I put my coffee cup, full of water for making tea, into the microwave... a setting of 2 minutes and 7 seconds will, 1. Sufficently heat the water. 2. Return the cup to the exact spot I originally placed it thusly making it easy to take the cup back out.

Welcome to the ship, GIB. I will give you a proper welcome by requesting our ship's DJ.....

Bill, GIB has Too much time on his hands.:laughing9:

Good afternoon Crew mates I couldn’t quite catch the ship this morning.
Multiple phone calls and 3 family members are here for now...2 will give you a run for your money, 1 1/2 yrs & 20 months...both mobile!

Thank you devldog, she is improving, against the doctors predictions. She has a ways to go, not outa the woods or ICU yet, but headed in the right direction.

Very nice fragments Rusty!

Thanks for the update, Msbeeps. Will keep her in my prayers. Enjoy those little ones!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back