THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Alright...looks like I have help in my quest for the lost settlement of tumbacaya. So just as soon as we can load and pack the kyaks we will begin the search. There is a rumor of coins being found back in the 70s....supposedly an apple basket of silver coins was recovered close to where I plan on landing the kayaks. Usually a good bottle or 2 can be found here. Finally going on a real mission for once....its been hard to find a partner for this mission.

I found a mention of this settlement in an obscure court document from the maritime salvage court in key west. Supposedly a salvage captain was accused of stashing stolen goods at the settlement of tumbacaya. I think this settlement was no more than a pirate and smugglers camp. This will be a scouting mission for the cistern that has to be here......every settlement had one and many times the settlement sprung up around the water source. We will be looking for sisal hemp, yucca, and paw paw....these plants are a sure sign of settlements. Hope to get some good bottles....all packed and ready to go now.

Yes
I was an Industrial sales rep for 39 years. Viton o rings came into our line in the mid 70's. They are a real improvement over buna rubber because the are heat, chemical etc. resistant. We sold all shapes and sizes even square grove rings.

I worked in a controlled temperature and humidity environment (Spindle Room) for 8 years.One of my jobs was cleaning electro mechanical servo valves,Moog, Jet Pipe,Pegasus,all with O rings,some up to 24 per valve,some were really small.What was the name of the company you worked for?Pratt & Whitney may have used you as a supplier.

WD,

Here's a song to go along with your brush burning efforts....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

LOL! Sore! Working on the hillside last night just had to be good exercise! :tongue3: It is going to be a long day. Now I know why Rusty complains about having to go out and burn. It's a lot harder than it sounds. Thankfully today's menu is covered!

Breakfast: Hard boiled eggs
Lunch: Leftover taco salad
Dinner: Leftover lasagna

I worked in a controlled temperature and humidity environment (Spindle Room) for 8 years.One of my jobs was cleaning electro mechanical servo valves,Moog, Jet Pipe,Pegasus,all with O rings,some up to 24 per valve,some were really small.What was the name of the company you worked for?Pratt & Whitney may have used you as a supplier.

I worked for Barnes Distribution. And yes Pratt & Whitney was a Corporate acct. Barnes had aircraft rebuild shops. I worked in the distribution end or the business in my home territory. Barnes serviced rail , airlines and many industrial accounts across America and Canada. About 7 years ago MSC bought the distribution companies of Barnes Group. Barnes wanted out of the distribution business. MSC is the holding company of what was Barnes. One of my main responsibilities was Hyster Yale Corp. The plant in Sulligent . Now the flagship of the co.

I found a mention of this settlement in an obscure court document from the maritime salvage court in key west. Supposedly a salvage captain was accused of stashing stolen goods at the settlement of tumbacaya. I think this settlement was no more than a pirate and smugglers camp. This will be a scouting mission for the cistern that has to be here......every settlement had one and many times the settlement sprung up around the water source. We will be looking for sisal hemp, yucca, and paw paw....these plants are a sure sign of settlements. Hope to get some good bottles....all packed and ready to go now.

Bart,
I grew up in AZ, and yucca grew all over. I had no idea that it grew over in the keys also.
Or are you saying that the yucca would be something that got planted as part of establishing a settlement?

It sounds like a good find to investigate. :icon_thumleft:

Morning everybody,
I hope this is a good day for the good guys.

I worked for Barnes Distribution. And yes Pratt & Whitney was a Corporate acct. Barnes had aircraft rebuild shops. I worked in the distribution end or the business in my home territory. Barnes serviced rail , airlines and many industrial accounts across America and Canada. About 7 years ago MSC bought the distribution companies of Barnes Group. Barnes wanted out of the distribution business. MSC is the holding company of what was Barnes. One of my main responsibilities was Hyster Yale Corp. The plant in Sulligent . Now the flagship of the co.

I recall both those names,does the name Bowman ring a bell?

The hospital ships, are supposedly for . . . The Children they are rescuing that have been raised underground and used by the elite. Sic sic twisted fuc%s, . . . Pedogate takedown coming to a theatre near you.
I am glad that this is the first part of the counter strike.

Jeffery Epstein did not kill himself either!

I recall both those names,does the name Bowman ring a bell?

That was the name of my company before they changed it to Barnes Distribution. They changed the name because of the NASCAR affiliation.

Yes
I was an Industrial sales rep for 39 years. Viton o rings came into our line in the mid 70's. They are a real improvement over buna rubber because the are heat, chemical etc. resistant. We sold all shapes and sizes even square grove rings.

Viton X rings/Quad rings have helped in some of the old hydraulic tractor pumps that have a groove worn from original rings on a shaft that is not available new/after market as a solo piece.

Not seating the original style ring on the worn groove would obviously be desired but is not a real option.
Building up the grooved area and then reducing it to original spec is not going to happen for backyard mechanics like myself.
Same with milling out a deeper rear of casting and using a lipped seal off set from the groove.

So , the X-ring is usually worth a try before trying other routes.

I need to check the problem child leaker again after o ring was replaced last. Original shaft was worn bad and a used pump with fresh seals replaced it.
Hydraulic fluid in this pumps design will leak into the engine crankcase if the seal does not do it's job.
An interesting result besides thinning the oil...
When oil level is overfilled will come out the exhaust stack in a fine spray ,mist.. l.o.l.

Bart,

Good luck and show us some pictures of your finds even if meager still not many of us at least in the north getting out yet. Just don't give any clue that might give the site away to lurkers though.

Alright...looks like I have help in my quest for the lost settlement of tumbacaya. So just as soon as we can load and pack the kyaks we will begin the search. There is a rumor of coins being found back in the 70s....supposedly an apple basket of silver coins was recovered close to where I plan on landing the kayaks. Usually a good bottle or 2 can be found here. Finally going on a real mission for once....its been hard to find a partner for this mission.

Auburn mi

Anybody here around auburn michigan looking for someone to go with

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back