THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Fixing Lasagna for supper. Actually, instead of a 13 X 9 pan, I am splitting it up in two 8 X 8 pans. Anyway here's the recipe I use.

Meat Sauce:

In a 5 qt dutch oven/pot brown the following:

1 lb. ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup parsely

In a blender:

two 28 oz. cans whole tomatoes until finely chopped

Add tomatoes to the browned meat mixture.

Stir in:

1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp basil leaves
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp pepper

Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.

For the lasagna, you will need:

Meat sauce

16 oz lasagna noodles (cooked 7 minutes)

1 (15 oz) ricotta cheese
1 egg slightly beaten
1 cup parmesan cheese
12 oz mozzarella cheese (shredded)

In a bowl stir together ricotta, egg and 3/4 cup of parmesan
In 13 x 9 roasting pan spread 1-1/2 cup meat sauce
layer 1/3 of the noodles
**2 cups sauce
1/2 ricotta mixture
1/3 mozzarella**
repeat once
Top with remaining noodles, sauce, mozzarella, parmesan.
Bake at 350° for 50 minutes

I'm with WD, Hard to give a like, but it's habit. Feeling weak is a sign, but I'm not sure what illness that doesn't have weakness as a sign of it.

Supposedly someone right down the road from me has tested positive. Small community. Chances are the little grocery store I use was compromised.

Edit: Check that. The lady is in the hospital on a ventilator. She was going to a nursing home for breathing treatments. She has COPD and lung issues.

Last edited:
WD,

I wish her luck, however, with major lung issues on top of the virus it probably doesn't look good.

Supposedly someone right down the road from me has tested positive. Small community. Chances are the little grocery store I use was compromised.

Edit: Check that. The lady is in the hospital on a ventilator. She was going to a nursing home for breathing treatments. She has COPD and lung issues.

Well, Bill, I have been searching for a meme I saw that would go along with yours. I couldn't find it. I found a bunch of other ones. Anyway, it says something to the effect that in the future grandparents will be telling the grandkids about this pandemic and, due to the TP shortage, how we had to wipe up our buts all the way uphill and all the way down hill.

WD
That the best verbal meme I’ve ever seen.

WD,

Holly crap.....you knocked me over with a wet noodles my brainwashing is finally kicking in....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Lucky I had a chair close by cause I almost fell down.

Fixing Lasagna for supper. Actually, instead of a 13 X 9 pan, I am splitting it up in two 8 X 8 pans. Anyway here's the recipe I use.

Meat Sauce:

In a 5 qt dutch oven/pot brown the following:

1 lb. ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup parsely

In a blender:

two 28 oz. cans whole tomatoes until finely chopped

Add tomatoes to the browned meat mixture.

Stir in:

1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp basil leaves
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp pepper

Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.

For the lasagna, you will need:

Meat sauce

16 oz lasagna noodles (cooked 7 minutes)

1 (15 oz) ricotta cheese
1 egg slightly beaten
1 cup parmesan cheese
12 oz mozzarella cheese (shredded)

In a bowl stir together ricotta, egg and 3/4 cup of parmesan
In 13 x 9 roasting pan spread 1-1/2 cup meat sauce
layer 1/3 of the noodles
**2 cups sauce
1/2 ricotta mixture
1/3 mozzarella**
repeat once
Top with remaining noodles, sauce, mozzarella, parmesan.
Bake at 350° for 50 minutes

WD,

Holly crap.....you knocked me over with a wet noodles my brainwashing is finally kicking in....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Lucky I had a chair close by cause I almost fell down.

It only takes about 3 hours for me to make it. :tongue3: It is one of the things I can make that everyone thinks is awesome. But I only fix it every few years or so. It is fattening! Needless to say, I got some positive attention when Mr WD came home. We are waiting for it to finish baking.

Sorry I startled you so bad. Not. :laughing9:

WD,

If you want to lighten it up you can always use our version pretty much vegetarian. We used chopped spinach, regular tomato sauce(no meat) and ricotta cheese with a sprinkling of grated parmesan and mazarella cheese on top.

I so wish I was a neighbor of some of y’all. Food looks/sounds delicious.

Throw a paper bag full of some of that goodness over the fence to me please. Lol

RC,

Nice to see some of her cutting whit carries over into her efforts in the kitchen. If I keep prodding her maybe I can turn her into a kitchen witch.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Here's a recipe for air fryer onion rings...if you don't have an air fryer probably work just as good leaving on a cookie sheet and doing them in the oven.

RC,

Nice to see some of her cutting whit carries over into her efforts in the kitchen. If I keep prodding her maybe I can turn her into a kitchen witch.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

There's a lot of lore regarding kitchen witches.
I'll wager she could add a chapter....Or two.:laughing7:

Here's a recipe for air fryer onion rings...if you don't have an air fryer probably work just as good leaving on a cookie sheet and doing them in the oven.

Got to try the O rings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back