THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

DSC_0994.jpg

Here's my relic shelf today.

On the middle shelf, there are relics from Gettysburg, Antietam, White Oak Swamp, Gaines Mill, Cold Harbor, Chancellorsville, Dalton, Shiloh, Fredricksburg, Perryville, Atlanta, Stones River, Chickamuagua, Franklin, Vicksburg, Corinth, Fort Blakely, Chantilly, Kennesaw Mountain, Cedar Creek, and Fort Fisher, with a Hotchkiss Type I nose from Virginia, a Tipton Stereocard depicting Devils Den, and a CDVof Capt. Davis Collins, 3rd Mich. Cav. USA.

I thought I'd share this with the crew. My former employer the CPR railway posted up this announcement as a way to support and honour our front line medical staff and essential service employees during the covid-19 virus period.

Please take a moment to do likewise in your own little way they need all of our support during these trying times.

[FONT=&quot]HOPE ALL ARE STAYING WELL.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CP WHISTLES TO SOUND AT 19:00 DAILY TO RECOGNIZE FRONT-LINE HEALTHCARE WORKERS AND ESSENTIAL SERVICE PROVIDERS[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Published: April 3, 2020[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]To recognize critical healthcare workers on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic and other essential service providers including the CP family, [FONT=&quot]beginning Friday, April 3, 2020, CP trains will sound one long whistle at 19:00 local time if it is practical and safe to do so.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]At 19:00 local time, all train or engine movements will continue to operate, and sound one long whistle as a salute. We will continue this whistle salute daily until further notice.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The sounding of CP whistles joins the global movement to recognize critical healthcare and front-line workers during these unprecedented times. Our whistles also remind communities of the service the CP family provides North America every day. The importance of CP railroaders right now to communities cannot be overstated. I hope you recognize how essential each of you is to this company today, and always. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your participation in this initiative. It is recognition of your efforts as part of the extraordinary global response.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Stay safe, stay healthy,[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mark Redd
Executive Vice-President Operations[/FONT]

Good morning Turkey treasure hunters.

LOL! Sore! Working on the hillside last night just had to be good exercise! :tongue3: It is going to be a long day. Now I know why Rusty complains about having to go out and burn. It's a lot harder than it sounds. Thankfully today's menu is covered!

Breakfast: Hard boiled eggs
Lunch: Leftover taco salad
Dinner: Leftover lasagna

LOL! Sore! Working on the hillside last night just had to be good exercise! :tongue3: It is going to be a long day. Now I know why Rusty complains about having to go out and burn. It's a lot harder than it sounds. Thankfully today's menu is covered!

Breakfast: Hard boiled eggs
Lunch: Leftover taco salad
Dinner: Leftover lasagna

I'm going to try deep fried deviled eggs later today.

Good morning cap !

I didn't recall viton,pretty chemical proof.

Yes
I was an Industrial sales rep for 39 years. Viton o rings came into our line in the mid 70's. They are a real improvement over buna rubber because the are heat, chemical etc. resistant. We sold all shapes and sizes even square grove rings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back