THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Unfortunately due to various dust ups Gary Drayton doesn't really post anymore on this site unfortunately.

I've had the good fortune of having exchanges with him on the internet as well as a couple of conversations face to face.

He's made some excellent finds over the years....put on your sunglasses first though....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

2012 best finds

That's cool, Bill. Thanks for posting that! 8-)

Yes ma'am, I am still awake. Seem to have a severe case of the thirsty's :icon_scratch:

We have not been to the store since late February and need to go soon. I dread what I may see. I really need to take all our cars up and fill them with gas. It is under $ 2.00 a gallon. Because of my back I had not driven the Corvette since a year ago last February. I just start it once a month and it really needs to have good quality gas and I am afraid that year old crap in the tank is going to glog something up. Heck, I never even put the new yearly license plates on it last year.

Simon
Get a can of Seafoam and put some 93 octane fuel in it. You'll see a difference guaranteed. Put an ounce of Seafoam per gallon of fuel. I use it in ever machine I own.

Good morning Simon. So much for stealth mode! ...needs some adjusting.

Good morning ARC, Rook, Toecutter, RR, Bill, WD, ECS, GB, MetalArch, ThirdE, and the rest of you rum & soda chuggers!

We have wind driven rain...hope it tips good.
No way is that dry humor...it's raining!

I forgot about the Seafoam. We use to have our own mosquito fogger when we dumped that stuff in the tank. But you are right, it worked good. :icon_thumleft:

I forgot about the Seafoam. We use to have our own mosquito fogger when we dumped that stuff in the tank. But you are right, it worked good. :icon_thumleft:

I use it in my mowers,blowers and my boat.

Well friends
time to call it a night. Was glad to actually visit in real time !

Good night and good morning. :wave:

Simon
Get a can of Seafoam and put some 93 octane fuel in it. You'll see a difference guaranteed. Put an ounce of Seafoam per gallon of fuel. I use it in ever machine I own.

I use seafoam in my Miata, I can per tank of gas about once a month, tank is 12.7 gallons.

I just don't get it a member posted last night a video of him detecting in an urban sportsfield. Problem was he was using one of those half size shovels. I sent him a message stating a hand trowel was the way to go and he'd be getting negative feedback.

He defended himself stating it made neat holes blah blah blah. Sure enough it caused a major dust up with people reporting his post and others reporting comments made against him. I sent him a sarcastic note telling I had warned him what was going to happen and said thanks!...

In any event I deleted the entire thread and posted an announcement that shovels of any size should not be used in urban green spaces first an foremost due to public perception and the risks of getting reported and metal detecting being banned which has already happened in many locales. In closing I stated this was not open to discussion and locked the comments on the post.

Shhsh you can't fix dumb.....I feel better now...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Goodnight Simon.

I just don't get it a member posted last night a video of him detecting in an urban sportsfield. Problem was he was using one of those half size shovels. I sent him a message stating a hand trowel was the way to go and he'd be getting negative feedback.

He defended himself stating it made neat holes blah blah blah. Sure enough it caused a major dust up with people reporting his post and others reporting comments made against him. I sent him a sarcastic note telling I had warned him what was going to happen and said thanks!...

In any event I deleted the entire thread and posted an announcement that shovels of any size should not be used in urban green spaces first an foremost due to public perception and the risks of getting reported and metal detecting being banned which has already happened in many locales. In closing I stated this was not open to discussion and locked the comments on the post.

Shhsh you can't fix dumb.....I feel better now...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

bill
The only time I use a shovel is when Marty and I hunt woods looking for CW relics. They serve a couple of purposes, killing poisonous snakes and cut roots better. Other wise we use the Parahna by Lesche

Good morning WD

You'd be yelling at me, Bill, I have a big ol shovel for construction work. It's a pain to carry around, maybe one day I'll get one of those Excalibur shovels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back