THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I've been working hard on a Bahama project...it's been incredible in terms of discoveries ... both land and sea...I return in August for some serious work...wooo hooo !!

Part of my diminished presence here is because I can't post much of it, and loose lips sink ships....I'm back in the keys, and making some good finds here....big ships timber is being perseved now....trunnels, bronze spikes,(not brass) and iron spikes all present in one huge timber !!

Waiting for weather window and break from work to hit it hard here !!

Lately, I can't even hunt my swim holes after work....been a heavy shark presence...all small lemons and bulls, but to many for my liking, and then bacteria warnings from heavy rain runoff and flooding !!

Haven't been on TN for a while. Wife went in hospital the day after I had got out from my surgery. Bunch of testing determined she had a tumor on her liver. Sent her to Tampa General for more testing. Then just before scheduled surgery her tumor disappeared and her symptoms went away. Things are getting back to normal except for 60k in bills with Florida Blue and Aetna insurance! Time to find that treasure!

Haven't been on TN for a while. Wife went in hospital the day after I had got out from my surgery. Bunch of testing determined she had a tumor on her liver. Sent her to Tampa General for more testing. Then just before scheduled surgery her tumor disappeared and her symptoms went away. Things are getting back to normal except for 60k in bills with Florida Blue and Aetna insurance! Time to find that treasure!
All my best GCP to your wife...sounds like a scary time for you and yours. God bless you !!

That is some real stress times you folks went through.
Great to hear that things worked out for the best-except the bill.

Got to just love the health careless system sometimes.

In 1992 just before we went on a backpacking trip to SE Asia the Mrs had a mammogram.
"There's a lump/spot 20mm on the side of the breast-get another test in 6 months."

Had to carry x-rays to Australia

Another test there-nothing-oh those x-rays you have that's a 2mm shadow.
Nothing to see here folks carry on.

The stress of worry is real.

So hard working with complete idiots !!

Quote " hey...uh...why don't we poke are heads out there and see what it's like"

That means let's try to fish in this sh't !!View attachment 2155371
Dumb arses wasting time and risking life and limb....how about this

Hey...uh....let's see if we can get struck by lightning, or find a white squall...or maybe a water spout!!😵‍💫😵💀
Mehh no problem. The fish are wet already.

Wet days make a dry roof seem so nice that I usually don't mind one. Ashore of course.
I'm working on adding another roof still too!

Sometimes about the time you're convinced your life is stable and you cope well , along comes emotional whiplash and wondering what happened.

Hug that gal! Celebrate her putting up with you still.

Mornin all.

Do we need a vote to extend pick on Blossom day?
I was thinking about himself and hygiene and sanitation regarding his reluctance to immerse himself in the creek.

Maybe Blossom could suggest a third pair of socks to filter cooties out?:icon_scratch:

I have changed my ID yet another time because I lost the pwd for the email it was attached to. I used to be Glowing Gem
I am down in Tempe and would love to find out if anyone else is around on this site from near Phoenix area.

Attachments

• IMG_20240621_163532.jpg
    IMG_20240621_163532.jpg
    614.6 KB · Views: 11
Last year my wife went in for a heart test. Next day open heart surgery. 4 way blockage. Hopefully you have good insurance. My wife’s bill was $500k. We owed a good chunk but have paid our share off to date. At least the tumor is gone now cause it’s hard to replace the liver if almost impossible. Glad it’s gone

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday and avoiding the 95+ degrees we are having this week.
Got the heavy HH rain gear on.
Seriously believe by the time a person sweats the clothing is just as wet.
That's called something.
Got another 32 ft of trellis up for the Cranberry beans.
Potatoes on either side.
Spuds are popping through the hay.
So yeah :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back