THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I'm likin the hall.
Is it sided with mineral surfaced rolled roofing?
The horizontal approach like shingles hints of bark in an earlier era.
Vs the vertical presentation and battens/furring strips on joints seen around here on the small, board walled cabins I've encountered.
Though I did roof a chicken coop similarly to the halls walls. (If that's MSR.)
Actually that's a garage. The steps of the house is the edge of the street.

If the surveyors come to the hamlet it's on of the most mixed up affair.
Houses sit partially on most streets. 🤣

Most have the lipstick on a pig renovation.
Bought for 30-40K Flipped for $350K.

So you're sending it along to me.

View attachment 2155256

Not quite a day behind me here. I should study it better but wind direction and more factor.

Sun morning it should taper off into a dry day. Dry meaning no precip starting around noon or earlier.
Mon. should be dry here. (?) Then near half chances of rain a couple more days during the week and temp swings. l.o.l..

I need to get the plow off the truck soon to get it towed to a repair shop this week the night before it's appointment.
Run a power cord out to charge the battery. Not a rainy day project.
Clean out some of the junk in the bed , there's tools in there yet too..

Actually that's a garage. The steps of the house is the edge of the street.

If the surveyors come to the hamlet it's on of the most mixed up affair.
Houses sit partially on most streets. 🤣

Most have the lipstick on a pig renovation.
Bought for 30-40K Flipped for $350K.
Plow snow with care apparently.

Somebody made some money.
How the market flared enough to sustain that.... Was somehow a timing thing I'm sure.
Canada with Queensland leases ect. left villages with quiet in be tweens.
As in our hitch hikers following roads while hiking and notable ones standing near the tailout of a village giving it a go. But not committing to being on the in be tweens after dark in certain weather. Or just anytime! Made sense to me.

But moving to a village not "yours" would be a move. You'd have to want to be there to pay such an inflated price as flippers and developers get.
Oh they do!
People squeeze into places here that make me shake my head.
Lets go out in the former countryside where folks are spread out and live in a former famers fields that are now subdivisions of homes on postage stamp properties. A step above a tight trailer park.
It won't be overwhelming. We can almost cut the grass quickly with a pair of scissors.

Step one, strip topsoil developed by farming for decades and haul away. Step two build house on sand. Step three , sell topsoil to home owner.
Former fields made site prep easier. So now trees are sold to homeowners. Or landscapers contracted to put them in. 500-700 for a Christmas tree bought and installed.
How much money you have for a tree or trees gets to be like office plants and why...
But I digress.
I still like the garage you pictured.( Not at 30 grand though. Not yet anyways.)

Plow snow with care apparently.

Somebody made some money.
How the market flared enough to sustain that.... Was somehow a timing thing I'm sure.
Canada with Queensland leases ect. left villages with quiet in be tweens.
As in our hitch hikers following roads while hiking and notable ones standing near the tailout of a village giving it a go. But not committing to being on the in be tweens after dark in certain weather. Or just anytime! Made sense to me.

But moving to a village not "yours" would be a move. You'd have to want to be there to pay such an inflated price as flippers and developers get.
Oh they do!
People squeeze into places here that make me shake my head.
Lets go out in the former countryside where folks are spread out and live in a former famers fields that are now subdivisions of homes on postage stamp properties. A step above a tight trailer park.
It won't be overwhelming. We can almost cut the grass quickly with a pair of scissors.

Step one, strip topsoil developed by farming for decades and haul away. Step two build house on sand. Step three , sell topsoil to home owner.
Former fields made site prep easier. So now trees are sold to homeowners. Or landscapers contracted to put them in. 500-700 for a Christmas tree bought and installed.
How much money you have for a tree or trees gets to be like office plants and why...
But I digress.
I still like the garage you pictured.( Not at 30 grand though. Not yet anyways.)
Though around these parts it seems they strip and sell the top soils. Dig the foundations, build, dump all the construction waste, haul sand in to bury it again.
Then spread 2" of soil on top, or just put turf lawn on top. Plant a little tree and sell at a premium.

Now if the top soils were hiding keepers, where do the keepers end up.
Screening plant location?
Something that I have always wondered.

I have detected older coinage from parks that predated the construction of the park.
Fill that was reused from another area the parks has moved.

Though around these parts it seems they strip and sell the top soils. Dig the foundations, build, dump all the construction waste, haul sand in to bury it again.
Then spread 2" of soil on top, or just put turf lawn on top. Plant a little tree and sell at a premium.

Now if the top soils were hiding keepers, where do the keepers end up.
Screening plant location?
Something that I have always wondered.

I have detected older coinage from parks that predated the construction of the park.
Fill that was reused from another area the parks has moved.
We had fill brought in for our dirt road before grading before.
I took a detector too it and found more bullets than expected. Must have been a pit somewhere. Or just piles somewhere used for backstops while awaiting buyers. No coins recalled.
Wonder if that company (local and I've paid them on multiple projects) would let me know about an old sites stripping if I asked. They're not hurting for money enough to detect themselves I don't think. No one I've encountered anyways.
The drive on the hunting property they brought some strange fill from a site they were stripping.
Hints of a demolition.
Not sure anymore If I detected it yet...

Afternoon Pirates xx hope uve had a nice Saturday xx

Well…. We went out today to a feild between some terraced areas and the stream … our hopes were high… we have been spoiled 🤨… we found… nothing, nada, zip ( modern trash) … and then at lunch time got some terrible news… the guy who farms the sheep on the estate… was driving thru the village on his Polaris… and got hit by a land rover… he was trapped under it and had to be airlifted to hospital 🥺… we are waiting to hear how he is.. but honestly its so shocking…. Really makes u think doesn’t it 😳 xx

So here are the pics of the field and stream such a beautiful place… and so lucky to be wandering around even if the field did hang on to its secrets 😊 xx

IMG_3466.jpeg
IMG_3468.jpeg
IMG_3469.jpeg
IMG_3470.jpeg

Afternoon Pirates xx hope uve had a nice Saturday xx

Well…. We went out today to a feild between some terraced areas and the stream … our hopes were high… we have been spoiled 🤨… we found… nothing, nada, zip ( modern trash) … and then at lunch time got some terrible news… the guy who farms the sheep on the estate… was driving thru the village on his Polaris… and got hit by a land rover… he was trapped under it and had to be airlifted to hospital 🥺… we are waiting to hear how he is.. but honestly its so shocking…. Really makes u think doesn’t it 😳 xx

So here are the pics of the field and stream such a beautiful place… and so lucky to be wandering around even if the field did hang on to its secrets 😊 xx

View attachment 2155285View attachment 2155286View attachment 2155287View attachment 2155288
Did you try the stream.
Oh right himself is made of sugar-he'd just melt.

We went out today to a feild between some terraced areas and the stream … our hopes were high… we have been spoiled 🤨… we found… nothing, nada, zip ( modern trash)
Sorry to hear that, but in a weird way, that's comforting to us mere detecting mortals. :). Not to mention that scenery is beautiful and a day out there is a treasure of its own.

and then at lunch time got some terrible news
That is indeed terrible news. I hope he recovers. A reminder to enjoy the sunny days when you can, because you just never know what the day will bring.

Well… himself has a mate who does fish catching.. his mate told him he has had a letter from water company saying that the water is contaminated… with Poop nd ecoli is rife… so would not get in the stream… I’ve demanded hard evidence of this claim…. 🤨…!!

But the terraces are pre roman.. according to the farmer… there is loads around ghe village .. here is some lidar (blue line stream) field circled in red xx

IMG_3472.jpeg

IMG_3473.jpeg

Hey now, be nice.
If himself doesn't want to go in the creek he doesn't have to.
View attachment 2155297
I still remember the first year when he was happy to go in… its was a beautiful summer day… i brought him some beach shoes… and while he sat on the bank putting them on… he smugly stated… i”ive put 2 pairs of socks on… cos that water is gonna be cold”… 😂😂 xx bless him!! xx

I still remember the first year when he was happy to go in… its was a beautiful summer day… i brought him some beach shoes… and while he sat on the bank putting them on… he smugly stated… i”ive put 2 pairs of socks on… cos that water is gonna be cold”… 😂😂 xx bless him!! xx
You did let him carry on then to demonstrate?
???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back