THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Us today… 😂 xx

IMG_3478.jpeg

Well… himself has a mate who does fish catching.. his mate told him he has had a letter from water company saying that the water is contaminated… with Poop nd ecoli is rife… so would not get in the stream… I’ve demanded hard evidence of this claim…. 🤨…!!

But the terraces are pre roman.. according to the farmer… there is loads around ghe village .. here is some lidar (blue line stream) field circled in red xx

View attachment 2155294
View attachment 2155295
Don’t catch the logs floating by just ignore them

Rumor is it's going to be scrapped. A friend of mine owns the only scrap/junk yard around so i might get to help/watch/get in the way!

The Ship Ashore Resort on U.S. Route 101 just three miles south of the Oregon border got its name from the 158-foot yacht, the S.S. Castle Rock, displayed on dry land a quarter mile from the ocean.

The vessel’s story began in 1925 when a wealthy New Yorker had a steel yacht named the S.S. Caritas built in Germany and fitted with the finest teak and mahogany interiors. After some time hosting famous people, the owner sold the vessel to the U.S. Navy, which refitted it to be a weather ship, the U.S.S. Garnett.

The vessel served in the Pacific during World War II before being decommissioned in Oakland, Calif., and its engines sold. When Joe Sierka’s Castle Rock Camp main lodge burned down in 1948, he saw the ship as a perfect replacement.

On Feb. 17, 1950, the newly christened S.S. Castle Rock arrived at a Smith River mooring. Fifteen years later, 12 tractors took 10 hours to drag it to Hwy 101, where today it is a museum and gift shop for the Ship Ashore Resort.

ship ashore.jpg

Old pic I believe they made a post card from this pic.

old ship ashore post card.jpg

Rumor is it's going to be scrapped. A friend of mine owns the only scrap/junk yard around so i might get to help/watch/get in the way!

The Ship Ashore Resort on U.S. Route 101 just three miles south of the Oregon border got its name from the 158-foot yacht, the S.S. Castle Rock, displayed on dry land a quarter mile from the ocean.

The vessel’s story began in 1925 when a wealthy New Yorker had a steel yacht named the S.S. Caritas built in Germany and fitted with the finest teak and mahogany interiors. After some time hosting famous people, the owner sold the vessel to the U.S. Navy, which refitted it to be a weather ship, the U.S.S. Garnett.

The vessel served in the Pacific during World War II before being decommissioned in Oakland, Calif., and its engines sold. When Joe Sierka’s Castle Rock Camp main lodge burned down in 1948, he saw the ship as a perfect replacement.

On Feb. 17, 1950, the newly christened S.S. Castle Rock arrived at a Smith River mooring. Fifteen years later, 12 tractors took 10 hours to drag it to Hwy 101, where today it is a museum and gift shop for the Ship Ashore Resort.

View attachment 2155327

Old pic I believe they made a post card from this pic.

View attachment 2155328
I can't help it. Wait out the cartoon commercial after the ark is underway and it resumes.

Going to hit the dez tomorrow with fellow Tnetter 'Conito@55'.
He was nice enough to offer up hunting together on his turf.
This site has the nicest people!
I'm very happy here, thank you all!

So hard working with complete idiots !!

Quote " hey...uh...why don't we poke are heads out there and see what it's like"

That means let's try to fish in this sh't !!
Screenshot_20240623_063410_MyRadar.jpg

Dumb arses wasting time and risking life and limb....how about this

Hey...uh....let's see if we can get struck by lightning, or find a white squall...or maybe a water spout!!😵‍💫😵💀

Yup...my friend corrine...she's a treasure bad ass !!
Small world Bart

I've hunted in England with Sal Guttuso in England a few times.
Just met up in the fields and at lunch breaks.
Never was on one his barn tours.
He certainly has a passion for treasure hunting.

Small world Bart

I've hunted in England with Sal Guttuso in England a few times.
Just met up in the fields and at lunch breaks.
Never was on one his barn tours.
He certainly has a passion for treasure hunting.
I guess Sal doesn't even ride along...I don't know him, but he funds this team and is head honcho...grant and correine do all the work !! I've never met correnie in person, but we talk online...I have met her parents though !!

I guess Sal doesn't even ride along...I don't know him, but he funds this team and is head honcho...grant and correine do all the work !! I've never met correnie in person, but we talk online...I have met her parents though !!
I know a few years back he was posting from the waters during the dives.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back