THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

b9b5750b63dee2e5.jpeg

Morning waggers xx a gorgeous bright sunny monday morning here 🙄 typical..!! Hope u all have a lovely day ahead/happening/about to start !!! 🤗 xx

Posted the “artifact’ on Facebook… lord there are some strange people out their answers included ‘Door Stop” and “its just run off” 🤔 now granted, im no expert in Door stops or run off…. but i am sure neither are they 😂 xx

Working on the interior house windows now.
Prepping them for painting.
Kind of like pouring molasses up hill in January, painfully slow.
Doing it right to the glazing for a total of 44 pieces of pine to do for this 9.5' x 7.5' window.
View attachment 2131563
Then there's a sliding balcony door, pocket door, another smaller 4.5' x 7.5' window.
Plus the baseboards.
Pepper, is that a creek running through your back yard? ever do any panning in it?

:coffee2:Morning all :wave:
Almost spring as that damn ground hog supposedly said 🤦‍♂️
Off to do a little work and hopefully getting to swing the new Equinox 800 on the beach this week. So many new places to explore, just making the time 🤔
Boy I can't wait for retirement :laughing7:

Pepper, is that a creek running through your back yard? ever do any panning in it?
I have some quartz that sounds off the detector.
Never panned the waters.
Never have read any reference to gold being in the area.

That picture you referenced is the road cut though the rock bluff.

Here is the creek behind/below the barn.
Used to be called a river, then got a dam in the 1820s and then then they changed the name to a creek.
What's left of the mills.
20211207_145844.jpg

The creek at the head waters of the mill pond.
20210321_135531.jpg
20210321_140437.jpg

The mill pond
20221111_135728.jpg
20221111_135731.jpg

The dam that was rebuilt in 1985
20210321_150019.jpg

The river is now a bay
201125_075800_55.jpeg

That creek is calling me pepper....I'd be up and down that thing, and back and forth !!🤣🤣
I walked it last March finally, found some newer glass, old broken glass/pottery.
I was looking for points, but never found anything then me eyes might of not seeing them either.

Plan for this year is to play a little more in the headwaters and pond for finds.
@Blak bart if you make that trip this year you can water detect the pond/shoreline of the bay.
By the end of April the ice will be gone. :laughing7:
I was told there's a 1930s silver dime in that water below the dam.
The guy that threw it in there told me it was him when I asked him how he'd know.
His mind was a sharp as a tack being in his mid 90s.
Love talking to living history.

I walked it last March finally, found some newer glass, old broken glass/pottery.
I was looking for points, but never found anything then me eyes might of not seeing them either.

Plan for this year is to play a little more in the headwaters and pond for finds.
@Blak bart if you make that trip this year you can water detect the pond/shoreline of the bay.
By the end of April the ice will be gone. :laughing7:
I was told there's a 1930s silver dime in that water below the dam.
The guy that threw it in there told me it was him when I asked him how he'd know.
His mind was a sharp as a tack being in his mid 90s.
Love talking to living history.
Oh most definitely a place I’d play around. That bridge is cool and interesting…. Find a good classifier and pan this late spring and hit the deep areas of the creek. Lift a few big rocks and dig around 💪🏽👷🏽

Oh most definitely a place I’d play around. That bridge is cool and interesting…. Find a good classifier and pan this late spring and hit the deep areas of the creek. Lift a few big rocks and dig around 💪🏽👷🏽
I might break the quartz samples that I have detected with the HF coil on the Deus l
Might be just iron-might be something else.

Like I said the ice leaves the bay around the 3rd week in April.
They open the dam up to divert the flow of water from the Rideau Canal to the St Lawerence via another route.
The waters are then changed when the they want more water in the canal for the boating/lock operations.

So timing of the creek is weather/time/seasonal to consider.
Conclusion is I look out the window/see ice/think cold water/and I shiver like a FLORIDA PIRATE :laughing7:

I might break the quartz samples that I have detected with the HF coil on the Deus l
Might be just iron-might be something else.

Like I said the ice leaves the bay around the 3rd week in April.
They open the dam up to divert the flow of water from the Rideau Canal to the St Lawerence via another route.
The waters are then changed when the they want more water in the canal for the boating/lock operations.

So timing of the creek is weather/time/seasonal to consider.
Conclusion is I look out the window/see ice/think cold water/and I shiver like a FLORIDA PIRATE :laughing7:
Lay in a trap here and there with indoor outdoor carpet?
Spring run off might free up some flour gold.
But most areas I've been in Canada water is kept from getting too rowdy.
Have fished some ambitious water entering other waters in early spring though....Volume was certainly up.

Mornin all.

Shafts of sunlight through the oaks outback early.
Looks like the local nomadic trio-quartet of deer raked the snow under a pine. Likely after dried maple leaves I dumped near it last fall and back dragged.
Still bright sunlight hours later. Yeah!

Went right past.
Don't recall any signs welcoming tourists. But we were always getting close to fishing destinations by then too.. l.o.l.
Did see lots of areas of access to hillsides. More like a mountainside where great shelfs erode.
Always with others ; but should have insisted we poke around the old Jesuit mission we went near.
Nothing to do but look there though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back