THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning fellow coffee addicts. ☕️ :coffee2: :coffee2:
Screenshot_20240218_062509_Photos.jpg

Well I guess I'll have to come to grips with the fact that WD has left the ship. What ever the case is, just letting WD know that I'm thinking of you, and hope your in good spirits. God bless you and yours, and I hope to see you post again one day. Same goes for JVA.....hope your getting through the hard work schedule, and you get some swing time John.

Well I guess I'll have to come to grips with the fact that WD has left the ship. What ever the case is, just letting WD know that I'm thinking of you, and hope your in good spirits. God bless you and yours, and I hope to see you post again one day. Same goes for JVA.....hope your getting through the hard work schedule, and you get some swing time John.
I think there is a time in every pirate's life where the reality world and the online world gets to be a tad much.
So one unplugs the online to right the reality for a bit.

That's my take on what happens to many they just unplug for a bit, then find that the unplugging has enhanced the their real life in some ways.
I've unplugged for spells-and other times it's a great way of just chilling out from the daily grind.

OH by the way @releventchair a dusting of snow?
More like 3"+ and now the forecast is a 45 MPH gusts.

(Oh Pepper stop acting like a whimpy little snowflake-3" that's a dusting-remember)

I agree you 2 are missed

Ya, cheers as ever.

Sometimes , some folks want to be quiet.
Sometimes folks are quiet when they don't want to be , but something hurts too much to share..
sometimes folks have to walk away to keep the peace too.

Regardless of reason , what matters is that they know where to find us when we can't go to them just to ask if they're alright..

Mornin all.

Ha ha P.J.!
Weather should break (shift and start thawing again) tomorrow here.
I haven't checked airflow direction forecast yet.
Last I saw it looked like good sap weather this coming week.
Other chore to add to the list.
Maybe a little sap for drinking, not sure on the boiling process.
That's a time sucking event, but the payoff lasts years.

4C78DAE4-A956-421C-B453-2523122A5EA1.jpeg

Other chore to add to the list.
Maybe a little sap for drinking, not sure on the boiling process.
That's a time sucking event, but the payoff lasts years.

View attachment 2132049

There's a birch sapling on the hunting property I need to fence (12' section rolled into a 6 foot circle around it with a t-post to hold it in place).
I've untapped maples in the yard. One getting about big enough...

But always wanted to try a drink of birch sap in spring.
Too few birch around me though.

syrup making friend moved. I have not visited his new place.
He'd burn dead ash and set his big stainless tub right above the fire. Blocked up a bit. Finished in kitchen on stove I believe.
Turned out good.
I noted the ash fluttering down at times but it didn't seem to bother anything.

I'd use a camp stove to finish. Big pots on small stove burners for long periods of time isn't good. A neighbor had her stovetop droop while canning long ago! It was quite a sight.
Dad's place we used the wood range. (Wood kitchen range.) Gotta watch the humidity and stickiness!
But was fun to learn. except for the carrying sap part.
I've read of condensing it in pails by pulling ice in the morning when nights freeze, but don't remember doing that.

Last edited:
I think there is a time in every pirate's life where the reality world and the online world gets to be a tad much.
So one unplugs the online to right the reality for a bit.

That's my take on what happens to many they just unplug for a bit, then find that the unplugging has enhanced the their real life in some ways.
I've unplugged for spells-and other times it's a great way of just chilling out from the daily grind.

OH by the way @releventchair a dusting of snow?
More like 3"+ and now the forecast is a 45 MPH gusts.

(Oh Pepper stop acting like a whimpy little snowflake-3" that's a dusting-remember)
I've only been a member for a few years now, but I've definitely noticed very few members remain active for more than 8 or 10 years. I've often thought about the why of it. Did they lose interest or get burned out on hunting, or just the community part of it, and, if that will that happen to me.
I don't foresee it, but ya never know...
My buddy that got me started md'ing 4 years ago seems to have gotten burnt out on it, and he was quite nutty about it just a year ago. Now he winters in Florida and doesn't even detect there!
That's just bonkers to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back