THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Had a pretty good little hunt yesterday with silver, platinum and a buffalo.
I heat of a squabble the famous ring tosses happens.
Talking with a couple once and she says I should detect at a certain place for rings.
Her husband asked why?
Oh I took off every ring he gave me and tossed them.
Right over the bluffs in Scarborough.
150ft down. 🤣
Probably still there, I know she isn't any longer.
Wondering if she tossed his as well.

I heat of a squabble the famous ring tosses happens.
Talking with a couple once and she says I should detect at a certain place for rings.
Her husband asked why?
Oh I took off every ring he gave me and tossed them.
Right over the bluffs in Scarborough.
150ft down. 🤣
Probably still there, I know she isn't any longer.
Wondering if she tossed his as well.
About 15 years ago they modified the rocky Truckee river going through downtown Reno to make it suitable for kayak competitions. Long known as the quick divorce capital, they would toss their rings into the river (right next to the courthouse) to celebrate.
The local md'ing community was cleaning up big time, with features in the newspaper showing the booty.
Man, wish I would have picked this up sooner!

About 15 years ago they modified the rocky Truckee river going through downtown Reno to make it suitable for kayak competitions. Long known as the quick divorce capital, they would toss their rings into the river (right next to the courthouse) to celebrate.
The local md'ing community was cleaning up big time, with features in the newspaper showing the booty.
Man, wish I would have picked this up sooner!
Detect, run around to the front of the court house sell to the potential newly weds-repeat.
Could be a great recycling business.

What a bunch of bullsh!t .... get up at 5 head to the bahamas, get halfway across the gulfstream, only to wuss out and turn around.....I've never fished for such ... ..uh...well let's just say some sailors can handle heavy seas, and others get sick, panicked, and scared out there !! Its just 20mph from the north, in the middle of the Gulfstream, in 6-10 ft head sea 🌊....the boat is a battle ship, and can easily take this !! To go half way, and then pull the plug (new name of boat) seems ridiculous to me. But I ain't the billionaire, and he's the boss !! So here we are....back home after a long, rough, expensive day. I'm a fishing guide, and paid professional, and after 15 years on multiple boats for these guys, it may be time to "jump ship" and search for the next gig.....my fishing career is going in reverse right now....big streak of bad luck, and not fishing enough, has me eyeballing other big fishing operations to get involved with !! Tomorrow after I cool 😎 down and start fishing again I'll probably feel different, and after fishing through Sunday, I'll be saying how tired from fishing I am 🤪😂🤪
But dang all this lead up, research, loading gear, and then turning back at the halfway mark is stupid.....and I'm pissed off about it 🐂💩🤬🤬🐂💩🖕🖕

I'm pretty sure we got it across that everyone will be flying in to the destination, and we will be leaving with the boat on the first available weather window before the trip starts.....we could be there from a couple days, to a week ahead of time....thats just how it's gonna go !!
From now on !!

What a bunch of bullsh!t .... get up at 5 head to the bahamas, get halfway across the gulfstream, only to wuss out and turn around.....I've never fished for such ... ..uh...well let's just say some sailors can handle heavy seas, and others get sick, panicked, and scared out there !! Its just 20mph from the north, in the middle of the Gulfstream, in 6-10 ft head sea 🌊....the boat is a battle ship, and can easily take this !! To go half way, and then pull the plug (new name of boat) seems ridiculous to me. But I ain't the billionaire, and he's the boss !! So here we are....back home after a long, rough, expensive day. I'm a fishing guide, and paid professional, and after 15 years on multiple boats for these guys, it may be time to "jump ship" and search for the next gig.....my fishing career is going in reverse right now....big streak of bad luck, and not fishing enough, has me eyeballing other big fishing operations to get involved with !! Tomorrow after I cool 😎 down and start fishing again I'll probably feel different, and after fishing through Sunday, I'll be saying how tired from fishing I am 🤪😂🤪
But dang all this lead up, research, loading gear, and then turning back at the halfway mark is stupid.....and I'm pissed off about it 🐂💩🤬🤬🐂💩🖕🖕

You don't get paid a nominal rate for your time regardless? I'd be riled too if no money or plunder or steaks or something for leaving the dock.

Ocean swells didn't agree with me sailing.
Not sure if it's true , I read that the sensation triggers a ; "you've been poisoned" response/reaction in many folks.
So how do those who ride the swells or waves become less susceptible? Not dying of poisoning I guess.

Our big lake fishing I managed to hit the rougher days. More a chop than swells though.
Still just to be sure , I wasn't swilling pitchers of beer and raw eggs either.
Predawn stop at a station last time to grab breakfast/lunch snacks.
(My friends craft .)
He raised an eyebrow when I hopped in the truck with a box of saltines to eat..
L.o.l..
But I've been sick off that boat too. (Not sure it was before or after that trip.....)
Just don't step on me till it's time to fish or go ashore in such case. . I got dibs on some floor!

That $Billionaire needs to pony up on a bigger boat, that all.🙃

You don't get paid a nominal rate for your time regardless? I'd be riled too if no money or plunder or steaks or something for leaving the dock.

Ocean swells didn't agree with me sailing.
Not sure if it's true , I read that the sensation triggers a ; "you've been poisoned" response/reaction in many folks.
So how do those who ride the swells or waves become less susceptible? Not dying of poisoning I guess.

Our big lake fishing I managed to hit the rougher days. More a chop than swells though.
Still just to be sure , I wasn't swilling pitchers of beer and raw eggs either.
Predawn stop at a station last time to grab breakfast/lunch snacks.
(My friends craft .)
He raised an eyebrow when I hopped in the truck with a box of saltines to eat..
L.o.l..
But I've been sick off that boat too. (Not sure it was before or after that trip.....)
Just don't step on me till it's time to fish or go ashore in such case. . I got dibs on some floor!
Big groundswell today wit a steep chop too. We had 4-6 foot seas, with an occasional swell up to 10ft. The north wind pushes against the 3+knt current, and makes it scary for novices, and if your sick, then it's like you don't care about anything accept making this stop. So I was just chit chatting and excited, and not even phased a bit. Apparently everyone else was scared, sick, and nervous !!

The point is..... I could have been there last week on a nice calm crossing, and our guests could have flown right in, and no one would have had to go through that !! So that's it....thats what will happen on trips with deadlines, and dates to meet !! No need to lose the money, miss the trip, and abuse the boat, besides scaring and making the guests sick !!

Big groundswell today wit a steep chop too. We had 4-6 foot seas, with an occasional swell up to 10ft. The north wind pushes against the 3+knt current, and makes it scary for novices, and if your sick, then it's like you don't care about anything accept making this stop. So I was just chit chatting and excited, and not even phased a bit. Apparently everyone else was scared, sick, and nervous !!

The point is..... I could have been there last week on a nice calm crossing, and our guests could have flown right in, and no one would have had to go through that !! So that's it....thats what will happen on trips with deadlines, and dates to meet !! No need to lose the money, miss the trip, and abuse the boat, besides scaring and making the guests sick !!
Ya ya.
Should have went yesterday! It was like glass! L.o.l...

We had a riot after work one morning on another friends 16 footer on a salmon chase.
I was no Johnnie Walker Scotch fan but that's what we had. And rough water!
Modified V hull. A compromise of design , neither fish nor fowl. Cut waves about like a door instead of a surfboard.
I'd been fishing enough around that time it was fine.
Our co-worker guest was green gilled though.
He asked a couple times if he was going to get a turn driving the boat up and down. which was funny.
(Cripes it was like jigging with four or more foot swings of the rods! No surprise no fish were harmed.)
Then he made the mistake of riding the bow on the run back to shore.
He didn't seem interested in a return trip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC
Back