THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I'm back home.....pulled the plug early. Total bust on the treasure coast. I gave my musket ball to a guy in the parking lot of sea grape trail. Some people get really excited over a 1715 musket ball, but I have enough and really don't want anymore. I threw an iron spike away also....left it on the beach.....well apparently they are rare to find in good shape ?? I find so many 1733 spikes that I thought they were common.....I walked all the way back to where I found it with 3 hunters who wanted it.....it was already gone.

The cut collapsed and spread all over the beach. Wind died, and waves calmed.....supposed to have another nor'easter next week.....the renourishment sand will be stripped if this happens.....its almost all gone, and I was able to reach the Orange sand about 8-10 inches down. Everybody complaining about the renourishment sand.View attachment 2130353
Here is the cut at the beach house I lived at in vero for awhile.....it was my friends house, and he had 6 brothers, and a sister, and then they basically adopted me too. I stayed here with this family when my parents kicked me out at 16. I moved in here and have great memories of how this family treated me !! They showed me so much love....I shed a tear looking up at those 2 top windows.....3 of us slept up there, and the room was like a flat.....it had everything we needed up there, and the view was incredible.....wake up at sunrise with the windows open, or close the storm shutters and sleep till noon !!
Well, I was contemplating heading down there tomorrow morning. I guess I'll scrap that plan. Maybe next time....

Well, I was contemplating heading down there tomorrow morning. I guess I'll scrap that plan. Maybe next time....
I would save those off days until the next nor'easter.....I believe a Tuesday -Thursday event next week.....thats the current thought and forecast.

My calfs and legs are sore.....I walked a tremendous distance on those beaches. First day I walked from whitey fish camp......all the way to aquarina Melbourne. 3 miles one way !! So 6 mile round trip. On the first morning !!

Last edited:
Now it's time to go to the Bahamas 🇧🇸 leaving the 19th. We will fish snorkel and metal detect....and they actually pay me for this trip !! When you do what you love....you never really work.....what my bosses have discovered, is that no matter if we find gold coins, catch blue marlin, or dive up shells and spear fish.....the black bart adventure will be an epic memory !! Win lose or draw !!

I retired about 1996.....and then went fishing, yachting, and treasurehunting for work.....I used to build boats, and was MAN diesel mechanic.....a fiberglassing grease monkey 🐒 now I'm a fishing guide, a dive master, treasurehunter, and an artist.....doing this type of work feels like retirement to me. I can't stress enough how working on yachts and sportfishermen has been the single greatest thing to ever happen to me !! It has literally enabled me to travel to the best treasurehunting places on earth, and all on someone else's dime !! It took awhile to convince my boss that the long winded bull sh!t stories I was telling were not bullsh!t !! And it took an embarrassing amount of time for me to capatilze on these opportunities.....I used to sit at the bar looking for a one night stand......when I got married those nights ended, and I started to seek out other activities that I could do at these exotic locations.....once I started treasurehunting....I rarely went back to the bars !! The beach is my mistress now.....and I love her more than anything else !!

@pepperj
There is a slight chance I go north with the big yacht this year.....I bowed out of this responsibility a few years ago, but they are begging me to make the trip this spring.....I would be rolling through the Saint Lawrence sea way all the way to Lake Michigan.....if it happens I'd be close to you at some point.....could be I convince them we rest close by for a couple days !!

I had a great chat with the guy running the shore operation part of the renourishment.
The conservation drifted to what they recover in the screening process pre-pipeline pumping.
He stated they recover the huge Megalodon Shark teeth and other things.

He said the owner had an office full of artifacts that looked like a museum that they recovered while doing the channel between the Tybee Island and Fort Pulaski.
Cannonballs, muskets, other artifacts that he wouldn't say what they were.

I thought what a dream operation to have, the ultimate sifter.
The second would be a beach cleaning operation that had 1/4" screening.

@pepperj
There is a slight chance I go north with the big yacht this year.....I bowed out of this responsibility a few years ago, but they are begging me to make the trip this spring.....I would be rolling through the Saint Lawrence sea way all the way to Lake Michigan.....if it happens I'd be close to you at some point.....could be I convince them we rest close by for a couple days !!
If it happens in the right month there's lots of opportunity to get some detecting in on the permissions.

It only takes me a week or so to gather up a few new virgin sites to wonder for a few day.

Anything pre June the waters - you think 70F is freezing-better make that pre mid July for water. :laughing7:

Your beer is warmer than our waters today.

Screen Shot 2024-02-09 at 8.18.24 AM.png

My friend @Gibbsail moved to vero many years ago from the keys....im partially responsible for convincing him to move there. So he went and bought his first home in vero.....by chance his neighbor was Taffi fisher.....Mel fishers daughter. She runs the show now, and controls the fisher family operation.
20240208_155648.jpg

So when she moved we immediately metal detected her yard !! Just incase she dropped a cobb or 2 in the yard.....we found nothing !!😅🤣🤣

Now it's time to go to the Bahamas 🇧🇸 leaving the 19th. We will fish snorkel and metal detect....and they actually pay me for this trip !! When you do what you love....you never really work.....what my bosses have discovered, is that no matter if we find gold coins, catch blue marlin, or dive up shells and spear fish.....the black bart adventure will be an epic memory !! Win lose or draw !!

I retired about 1996.....and then went fishing, yachting, and treasurehunting for work.....I used to build boats, and was MAN diesel mechanic.....a fiberglassing grease monkey 🐒 now I'm a fishing guide, a dive master, treasurehunter, and an artist.....doing this type of work feels like retirement to me. I can't stress enough how working on yachts and sportfishermen has been the single greatest thing to ever happen to me !! It has literally enabled me to travel to the best treasurehunting places on earth, and all on someone else's dime !! It took awhile to convince my boss that the long winded bull sh!t stories I was telling were not bullsh!t !! And it took an embarrassing amount of time for me to capatilze on these opportunities.....I used to sit at the bar looking for a one night stand......when I got married those nights ended, and I started to seek out other activities that I could do at these exotic locations.....once I started treasurehunting....I rarely went back to the bars !! The beach is my mistress now.....and I love her more than anything else !!
You could edit this and love on the Mrs. a bit more in it....

What ever happened to Bart? Shark get him?
Strangest thing , he was packing for a beach trip the Mrs. objected to and slipped on a banana peel and hit his head ; three times!

Mrs. Bama and I have already booked and paid for our now annual trip to the keys and treasure beaches for the fall and our anniversary.
She has fallen in love with the keys life and I of course enjoy the tease of possible treasure.
I know that I commented about life getting in the way the other day, but this life is what pays for that life!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back