THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I ordered the scoop yesterday.
Got a text 10:30AM "Arrived"
What you talking about, I thought.
Looked at the tracking.
In the box-Say what!
Mailed @2:30PM yesterday from north of Toronto-goes there-then Ottawa-then Brookville-then it sits in my box 20hrs later.
So I know it will pale in design, weight, shape, style, and many other things.
But it's now mine.
6.25 lbs
2mm thick
Just finished talking to the guy, and his friend makes them in Poland.
20240207_124553.jpg
20240207_124531.jpg
20240207_124519.jpg

Last edited:
Looked at the tracking.
In the box-Say what!
Mailed @2:30PM yesterday from north of Toronto-goes there-then Ottawa-then Brookville-then it sits in my box 20hrs later.
But it's now mine.
6.25 lbs
2mm thick
View attachment 2129994View attachment 2129995View attachment 2129996
So are you using it in regular dirt or do you use it in sand? We have red clay here is why I’m asking.

Looked at the tracking.
In the box-Say what!
But it's now mine.
6.25 lbs
2mm thick
View attachment 2129994View attachment 2129995View attachment 2129996
Do you water hunt ?

Or sand ?

Soft dirts ?

Do please 🙏
IF you gonna be "easy" diggin.... get a nice carbon fiber rod... or the likes...

Make it length that comes up to your elbow... (my preferred length.)

Get CLOSED CELL only spray foam... dont use great stuff foam... Loc-Tite makes a decent one... red can... fill shaft in one solid shot and let foam harden fully... then use rubber / vynle cap or likes.

-------------

Now........ using it like i do would be next...........

Practice in your home or outside... whatever... picking up say whatever you see.... rock... fuzz.... anything... USING ONLY the lip of bucket... and bring it TO YOU using that same arm.

See i had to adapt my left arm to be good at that.... beings i am right handed.................

Then practice just lifting level USING your forearm and left hand ... no matter if item falls into bucket does not matter... you brace the shaft on forearm... when you "choke up" on scoop shaft... as you bring scoop towards you choke up again till you see in....

You can leave scoop shaft longer if you like but you just adding weight to the equation... so you will have less control and arm will tire more quickly UNTIL you "make your little muscles into bigger muscles"... :P (jk)... you know what i mean... at first the awkward act will test some that you may not know you had.... especially repetitive motion etc.

After you master that part..... ... with detector in other hand you must learn to rest your forearm cuff of detector on your hip WHILE / when doing this and not drop it.... it is also second nature after awhile.

Thats it.... simple huh ? ? ?

:)

When you get good... which you will..... you will be able to gently "pick" a target up and bring up TO YOU.... not the other way around.

My coil and bucket are simply just my extended hands,,,, i use them instead... no bend... no stoop... just kick and flip... coil wave and scoot of loose dirt with coil until honed in... then when i think i know where the item is hiding... i get a nice lip of dirt... BUT DONT LIFT... move bucket away from coil.... and rescan... if nothing... you got it.
IF signal.... then take the dead lip full and toss into hole.... (can rescan hole at same time) then hone in again... lip full.... repeat as necessary...

When done... i either use upside of scoop reversed to drag pile back into hole.... take a step right on it... and walk way..

***ARC begins to sing***

"SWinnnnggin in the rain"..... just Swinging in the raaaa aaa a aaa in."

See..... shovels... no mater the size.... can make a plug..... but unless item is near outside of said plug you gotta mash or probe it with PP etc... which break the plug etc... etc etc et

Alll the while....

Your down... on your knees ... working back.... "Up DOWN... DOWN NOW UP... Wait,,, back down.... UP.... Down........ Down........... down................. UP>.......

Damn that in the trash ALONG WITH the trash that may be causing all that unnecessary exercise on your knees,,, joints and muscles.... IN weird ass "poses" that fades ya in a short while.

Sheesh what wears ya out sooner and takes the most time... just / are those actions.

Grasshoppers...... you must become "one" with metal detecting.

Only then will you truly master the exhaustion and increase your yields and coverage's.

:P

:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back