THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

z-funny-112.jpg
True Story:

When I was a kid I sometimes couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to drink. So, I'd go up to the machine and put in my money. Then, I would push all the buttons at once. Not caring what I got.

This one machine had 4 buttons;

Root Beer
Sprite
Coke
And Almond Smash.

All fine by me.

What came out?

Was a can of Dr. PEPPER!!!!!!!! 🫨
NO LIE!

I remember saying, "So *that's* how they make that!"
(And my friend falling on the ground ROFL!!! 🤣)

Good morning and happy Friday.

We happened to catch a deal at the grocery store — a 40 lb box of “spotted” bananas for $10. I don’t know why they had them on clearance as “spotted” — there was absolutely nothing wrong with them. We ran them all through the freeze dryer so now we have bananas for the apocalypse.

Good morning and happy Friday.

We happened to catch a deal at the grocery store — a 40 lb box of “spotted” bananas for $10. I don’t know why they had them on clearance as “spotted” — there was absolutely nothing wrong with them. We ran them all through the freeze dryer so now we have bananas for the apocalypse.
That's a brilliant score, for a great price.
I bought some dehydrated bananas and they're like candy.
Like to know more about the freeze dryer?

Screen Shot 2024-02-02 at 7.32.37 AM.png

Production: Bananas are thought to have been cultivated for the first time approximately 5,000 years ago in Papua New Guinea, and were introduced to the Americas by Portuguese sailors in the 1600s. A staple in tropical countries, bananas are a common feature and are used in their entirety for many basic needs - huge banana leaves are used for rudimentary shelter or roofing from tropical downpours, and the stalks and trunks of small banana trees make excellent building materials, for ropes, or small boats. The nutrient-rich, hydrating fruit itself is used in almost every dish and eaten with most meals.
Qualities: A fresh banana gets about 75 percent of its weight from water. The drying process removes about 96 percent of this water content, making dehydrated bananas a far more concentrated source of calories and nutrients than the fresh fruit! Ounce for ounce, dehydrated bananas are about four times higher in fiber, potassium, carbohydrates, sugar and calories than fresh bananas. They’re only slightly higher in vitamin B-6 primarily because it’s a water-soluble vitamin. Dehydrated bananas are actually about 20 percent lower in vitamin C, a water-soluble vitamin that’s particularly sensitive to heat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back