THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Nothing like getting up early on the treasure coast, and walking the fresh sand. The sun, the sand, the surf, ...... and a big fresh cut at corrigans, or bonsteel, or riomar !! I could do it every day !!
I was MDing at Corrigans. A few years back and saw this metal looking thing about 2 ft long and 8 in water just in the water. I started trying to dig it out imagining it's a big silver bar! Next thing I know I hear someone yell, "Get away from my treasure I found it first!". I look up and there's this guy standing over me with a hammer in his raised hand. It turns out it was the treasure hunter Stefan Sykora. He had found the object and went down the beach to his house to get a hammer. He said he was only gone a few minutes and couldn't believe that someone else had noticed the object that quick. We worked together and soon discovered it was an old engine. We talked for awhile and he told me he walked that beach daily for years and never noticed the engine. He told some stories about treasure. I didn't think to take a picture with him at the time but wish I would have got one with him standing over me with the hammer!

Good morning everyone. Happy Thursday.

I found some huge mushrooms growing on an old log yesterday. I'm always curious whether they are tasty, but never curious enough to actually bite into one.

IMG_3633 (1).jpeg IMG_3632 (1).jpeg IMG_3631 (1).jpeg

Well it's Feb 1, the long month of January is now behind us northerners.

Mild today as it stayed above freezing all night so it's dripping and the snow pack is getting heavy and dropping.
Not many birds this morning as they're getting other treats from nature and don't need the extra fuel to keep warm.

Heard an ice report from the neighbour that likes to drop bit on line in the winter.
The bay has 12 inches on it now. That was last week, and it might be less now with the mild weather.

The 2 week looks like sap weather-might have to put a bucket or 2 out for some sweet drinking sap.

Starting to look like I'm gonna try and get up to vero.....first major hurtle has been cleared....permission from wife secured !! Now I need a place to stay and sleep for a few days, and a good vehicle. Thought about inviting someone, but that shit never works, and people always talk me out of my plan.....I am in command when im alone, and always do much better.

The last time I went up I fasted for 3 days, and felt great....I had the hyper focus and got a cobb. Most people are normal and want to take breaks for stupid stuff like lunch....lunch is over rated !!🤣🤣

I'll be down island fishing and treasure hunting !! Never have been to one. Sure would like to make some contacts there and hunt the 1715 fleet....might happen anyway, but waiting on Hollywood to finance an op.

Starting to look like I'm gonna try and get up to vero.....first major hurtle has been cleared....permission from wife secured !! Now I need a place to stay and sleep for a few days, and a good vehicle. Thought about inviting someone, but that shit never works, and people always talk me out of my plan.....I am in command when im alone, and always do much better.

The last time I went up I fasted for 3 days, and felt great....I had the hyper focus and got a cobb. Most people are normal and want to take breaks for stupid stuff like lunch....lunch is over rated !!🤣🤣
Lone Wolf approach is the best.
There was another thread about somebody going there.
6 hr drive and was asking.
Treasure_Hunter commented something about 15ft of sand was dumped for the renewal.
I could be mistaken though.

Lone Wolf approach is the best.
There was another thread about somebody going there.
6 hr drive and was asking.
Treasure_Hunter commented something about 15ft of sand was dumped for the renewal.
I could be mistaken though.
There is always the discouraging comment.....they dumped 15 feet of sa d last year, and there have been 3 nor'easters since, and another on the way. If anyone saw the pics that i get sent to me there would be this totally different understanding of just how much treasure gets found, and just how many beach spots people don't know about. Point is.....if I listen to everyone tell me how hard it is, I'd never try. I've seen what's been found in the last 2 months , and it's insane !! Emeralds that are 1000$ a carat, and people finding 15 carats a day !! Ill try my hardest to be there for that 40knot wind day, and day after at least !!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back