THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

There is always the discouraging comment.....they dumped 15 feet of sa d last year, and there have been 3 nor'easters since, and another on the way. If anyone saw the pics that i get sent to me there would be this totally different understanding of just how much treasure gets found, and just how many beach spots people don't know about. Point is.....if I listen to everyone tell me how hard it is, I'd never try. I've seen what's been found in the last 2 months , and it's insane !! Emeralds that are 1000$ a carat, and people finding 15 carats a day !! Ill try my hardest to be there for that 40knot wind day, and day after at least !!
The glass half empty
The glass half full

The sand comments might deter some the competition.
Would folks do that?
When the pirates booty is at stake the pirates are a greedy lot they are. 🤣
Best of luck Bart, like you stated you'll never know until you try.👍

Well it's Feb 1, the long month of January is now behind us northerners.

Mild today as it stayed above freezing all night so it's dripping and the snow pack is getting heavy and dropping.
Not many birds this morning as they're getting other treats from nature and don't need the extra fuel to keep warm.

Heard an ice report from the neighbour that likes to drop bit on line in the winter.
The bay has 12 inches on it now. That was last week, and it might be less now with the mild weather.

The 2 week looks like sap weather-might have to put a bucket or 2 out for some sweet drinking sap.
Some taps going in around here and there.
Ice is crap.

There is always the discouraging comment.....they dumped 15 feet of sa d last year, and there have been 3 nor'easters since, and another on the way. If anyone saw the pics that i get sent to me there would be this totally different understanding of just how much treasure gets found, and just how many beach spots people don't know about. Point is.....if I listen to everyone tell me how hard it is, I'd never try. I've seen what's been found in the last 2 months , and it's insane !! Emeralds that are 1000$ a carat, and people finding 15 carats a day !! Ill try my hardest to be there for that 40knot wind day, and day after at least !!
The heck with that.
Bring a danged lunch!

The glass half empty
The glass half full

The sand comments might deter some the competition.
Would folks do that?
When the pirates booty is at stake the pirates are a greedy lot they are. 🤣
Best of luck Bart, like you stated you'll never know until you try.👍
There are an elite few who are way ahead of the curve....these people say little, and show even less. They make the people we all know about from the treasure coast look like ametures. Believe it or not, there are people who make a living by hunting the treasurecoast. They have no permits, only hunt the beach and riverside, they have guarded permissions, and they are also working new spots that very few know of. Once a person gets a glimpse of this top secret level of treasure hunting secrets, the scope of just how much is out there becomes apparent!! Its true that some wrecks are in the kinetic zone, and it's true that one rich prize was burnt to the sand and forgotten.....this chunk of 1715 treasure is out of reach of salvors, and impossible to access by beach guys except at low sand moments. So much is still out there on the treasure coast!!

A recent some of you might not of seen yet. This is what I like to find. All surface finds for me. Haven’t swung the MD yet but still have permission.

Attachments

• IMG_2733.jpeg
    IMG_2733.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 22
Good evening everyone, how are you all? Any news on WD?

Also have you been out lately @blossom ? Any cool finds I've missed?
Alas no, I am experiencing full blown withdrawal symptoms….and this coming weekend we are only going out on Sunday as he has things to do on Saturday…. Have spent the evening trying to convince him to take Monday off work to make up for losing Saturday… but have failed 😒 .., the boy is a fool… what can I say! xx

Managed to get a little detecting in before the rain hit today. Got a front yard permission in Boulder City. Tons of roofing nails and some clad, but managed 7 wheats and a silver.
IMG_6490.jpg

Alas no, I am experiencing full blown withdrawal symptoms….and this coming weekend we are only going out on Sunday as he has things to do on Saturday…. Have spent the evening trying to convince him to take Monday off work to make up for losing Saturday… but have failed 😒 .., the boy is a fool… what can I say! xx
I was supposed to be working Sunday but ended up being invited along to a colchester detecting club dig... not something I can reject so took the day off from work

Good luck tho, I hope you find enough nice things to make up for only going out one day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back