THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

GGRRR! Frigging frugging grumbling paywall AD blocking sites now! :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Anybody into cut and paste :laughing7:
Hundreds of years ago, someone filled an oak box with a cache of coins. The box ended up buried next to what is now a street leading to a town center in France, and that’s where it stayed until 2021 when archaeologists found it. Archaeologists were conducting a preventive excavation ahead of a real estate project in Guérande, according to a Jan. 31 news release from the Institut national de recherches archéologiques préventives (INRAP). That’s when they found the stash of coins, along with three others, dating to medieval times. Three other deposits were found in the ruins of a 14th century masonry building, according to officials. © Edith Peytremann, Inrap Ancient records mention Guérande as early as the ninth century, and experts said the town erected a wall sometime between the 13th and 15th centuries. Research revealed that between the 12th and 13th centuries there was a medieval occupation at the site, officials said. TOP VIDEOS The box of coins was an isolated deposit that dates to between 1180 and 1204, according to archaeologists. The three other deposits were found in the ruins of a 14th century masonry building, experts said. They date to between 1341 and 1342 and vary in preservation. The best preserved collection of coins was found in a pitcher with a broken neck that was reused as a container. The pitcher was sealed with a pot turned upside down. Linen envelopes holding coins were found within one of the deposits, experts said. © A. Cazin, Heritage Factory in Normandy Researchers used 3D imaging to see inside the pitcher without damaging the artifact, officials said. Inside the pitcher, archaeologists identified four linen fabric envelopes holding coins. The linen groups were placed inside a larger leather envelope. The linen envelopes were held within a larger leather envelope, archaeologists said. © A. Cazin, Heritage Factory in Normandy The other two deposits from the masonry building were less preserved, experts said. They were also sealed in ceramic containers and held traces of textile fragments among the coins. Archaeologists said they have identified more than 2,000 coins from the deposits. They will continue examining the coins and the textiles from the deposits. Guérande is about 330 miles southwest of Paris. Google Translate was used to translate a news release from INRAP.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/article284927082.html#storylink=cpy

I hate paywalls haha.

Here's another one you might be able to view
At least they give the option "Reject All option"
Though do we trust the reject, or is it a hidden "accept"-that we don't know, but at least there's an option.
Though if we accept it's only 244 others that will have our information.
No problem as probably each of those have the same amount. (now it's everyone has it):laughing7:

Then again nothing is private except in the real world as what my own 2 eyes see in the real world it seems.

Screen Shot 2024-02-02 at 8.45.44 AM.png

At least they give the option "Reject All option"
Though do we trust the reject, or is it a hidden "accept"-that we don't know, but at least there's an option.
Though if we accept it's only 244 others that will have our information.
No problem as probably each of those have the same amount. (now it's everyone has it):laughing7:

Then again nothing is private except in the real world as what my own 2 eyes see in the real world it seems.

View attachment 2129049
I fell down the rabbit hole in tracking what was tracking me.
So off one site I looked into what they gathered and who they shared it with.
It listed over 450 "partners" they shared it with.
(But they do value your privacy")

The whole concept is to track/sell/market the information to get more direct advertising to the viewer.
Simple test: Look up something-as a product.
Then after a bit one will probably see the pop up ads and it will contain "The product"
Frigging brilliant this all is, at the expense of what really?

Oh who and I fooling actually as the secret web storage has more information stored than what we all want to really know.

I fell down the rabbit hole in tracking what was tracking me.
So off one site I looked into what they gathered and who they shared it with.
It listed over 450 "partners" they shared it with.
(But they do value your privacy")

The whole concept is to track/sell/market the information to get more direct advertising to the viewer.
Simple test: Look up something-as a product.
Then after a bit one will probably see the pop up ads and it will contain "The product"
Frigging brilliant this all is, at the expense of what really?

Oh who and I fooling actually as the secret web storage has more information stored than what we all want to really know.
Instagram is a real great tracker/dig out the information miner.

A few years ago I wanted to hook up with an old customer/buddy that was still in the trade.
(I think I posted the outcome of being tracked)
Only way was through instagram-to message him to get his phone#.

Anyways I got these "You have a friend/or a person of interest" the thumbnails that appear along the bottom.

I got a photo of my wife's mother and sister that somehow it mined out of a photo album on somebody's computer or cloud. (we don't have the photo)

I also got would you like to add message.
This was for my niece that I haven't seen in probably in 3 decades, only a few pictures, never having any contact information except" She got married" many years ago 15+ and we did a bridle gift of a set of Henckel knives and block.

This was some real spooky shit so I did the "ALT/CONTROL/DELETE" on the account.
Still once in a while I get this message that somebody has added me to their "following me message" on a email account that I use for this purpose.

SO The DELETE FEATURE NEVER DELETES THE INFORMATION.

I get excited when I see 242 area codes on my call list. 242 is bahamas, and when I see multiple 242 calls it only means one thing....treasure related news !! The last time I got a flurry of calls like this, my friends had found a gold coin cache larger than the one in Kentucky. So this weekend I'll have a call and see what's happening.....im hoping to collaborate with a permit holding bahamian and finally get involved.....that would be the ultimate dream goal, but just going back and hitting some very specific targets would be fine too.....even on my own dime. I have a shoe string budget, but I've had great success with little out of pocket !!
My bahamian friends have seen me succeed wildly at spots they gave up on. It's hard to believe that I have permission to a spot where Columbus landed....its private, and a very large cooking cauldron was found here......it was given to the lucayn Indians by Columbus, and found on this property. All of the documented pieces from Columbus were found here on these properties......its owned by my sons godfather !! Its on this seasons travel list. It's taken me years to understand some of my spots are really special, and there's a possibility of finding something that changes your life.

All of a sudden the bahamas went from 0-100 mph in the treasure salvage industry....things look strong, and a trend is emerging. A museum, backed with bahamian archeologist and students, a working conservation lab, and reputable and experienced treasure salvors doing the excavation in partnership with expert archeologist. So being an islander, that's been locked out of my current home islands, it's only logical to return to the bahamas ...... where my family had 3 residences in the islands. I am in the long legal battle time frame for my projects here, and will let the heavy weights battle for excavation permits with the beaurocrats of florida....in the mean time I'd love to work the hogstys reef system for any of the multiple rich galleons lying in situ there !! Bahamas is now the land of treasure opportunity!! If my wife were onboard, I would sell out here in the keys for big money, and buy in the bahamas for a fraction of what it cost here. I could retire on the interest made off the banked cash made from selling out down here !!

GGRRR! Frigging frugging grumbling paywall AD blocking sites now! :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Anybody into cut and paste :laughing7:
Hundreds of years ago, someone filled an oak box with a cache of coins. The box ended up buried next to what is now a street leading to a town center in France, and that’s where it stayed until 2021 when archaeologists found it. Archaeologists were conducting a preventive excavation ahead of a real estate project in Guérande, according to a Jan. 31 news release from the Institut national de recherches archéologiques préventives (INRAP). That’s when they found the stash of coins, along with three others, dating to medieval times.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/article284927082.html#storylink=cpy

Good morning and happy Friday.

We happened to catch a deal at the grocery store — a 40 lb box of “spotted” bananas for $10. I don’t know why they had them on clearance as “spotted” — there was absolutely nothing wrong with them. We ran them all through the freeze dryer so now we have bananas for the apocalypse.
Not eating them until they are spotted is how I eat fewer unripe bananas.
So then given they choice I leave them alone until they are ....Spotted.

IF (and it won't happen because I will avoid it) , I ordered a bannana split and asked it be a ripe bannana ; it would be a green banana. I really don't care for green bananas to eat.
Very hungry ; I might eat one. Then regret it. Then hold out until a properly spotted banana was encountered or a green one or two acquired and guarded until becoming...Well you know. Spotted ; as they should be before declaring them properly matured and suitable for eating..

I get excited when I see 242 area codes on my call list. 242 is bahamas, and when I see multiple 242 calls it only means one thing....treasure related news !! The last time I got a flurry of calls like this, my friends had found a gold coin cache larger than the one in Kentucky. So this weekend I'll have a call and see what's happening.....im hoping to collaborate with a permit holding bahamian and finally get involved.....that would be the ultimate dream goal, but just going back and hitting some very specific targets would be fine too.....even on my own dime. I have a shoe string budget, but I've had great success with little out of pocket !!
My bahamian friends have seen me succeed wildly at spots they gave up on. It's hard to believe that I have permission to a spot where Columbus landed....its private, and a very large cooking cauldron was found here......it was given to the lucayn Indians by Columbus, and found on this property. All of the documented pieces from Columbus were found here on these properties......its owned by my sons godfather !! Its on this seasons travel list. It's taken me years to understand some of my spots are really special, and there's a possibility of finding something that changes your life.

All of a sudden the bahamas went from 0-100 mph in the treasure salvage industry....things look strong, and a trend is emerging. A museum, backed with bahamian archeologist and students, a working conservation lab, and reputable and experienced treasure salvors doing the excavation in partnership with expert archeologist. So being an islander, that's been locked out of my current home islands, it's only logical to return to the bahamas ...... where my family had 3 residences in the islands. I am in the long legal battle time frame for my projects here, and will let the heavy weights battle for excavation permits with the beaurocrats of florida....in the mean time I'd love to work the hogstys reef system for any of the multiple rich galleons lying in situ there !! Bahamas is now the land of treasure opportunity!! If my wife were onboard, I would sell out here in the keys for big money, and buy in the bahamas for a fraction of what it cost here. I could retire on the interest made off the banked cash made from selling out down here !!

Half a mil spends easy for a house (no , not a castle) in your neighborhood.
a tiny lot very near you last time I looked was around 50 grand or more . Not sure a hammock would have fit.
Add in new build strength/storm requirements and insurance , ya a boat is portable.

I won't mention his name but what's been heard from the Dean's hole area diver member here?
Haven't seen a post from him in a long time. Rebuilding in his area of the Bahamas was an ongoing effort last I knew. But figured diving would continue.

a tiny lot very near you last time I looked was around 50 grand or more . Not sure a hammock would have fit.
Add in new build strength/storm requirements and insurance , ya a boat is portable.

I won't mention his name but what's been heard from the Dean's hole area diver member here?
Haven't seen a post from him in a long time. Rebuilding in his area of the Bahamas was an ongoing effort last I knew. But figured diving would continue.
He is helping veterans with PTSD. He has an annual dive coming up for his birthday. He will raise donations to help fund the trip of a veteran to stay with him for dive treatment of PTSD. This years dive will be 200+ feet !! He is a dear friend and involved in much of what im talking of. I'm hoping to see him soon. I keep in touch with people on several islands, and like to hop from adventure to adventure. I'll start again soon hopping islands, fishing, and treasurehunting. For the first time in my life I've been taking the offers that have been given, and staying with friends at different locations....its great to be able to sleep on a couch or in a spare room and not have the expense of shelter......last time I gave a big silver walker to my host,.....I found spanish, so gave him the walker.....he was pleased !!

The wife and I have been kicking around the idea of cashing out here and moving to the Bahamas or Belize...

It would sure be great to find a lot for 50,000$ now days !! The value of our little property is through the roof, and trow in just a couple family properties (rentals) and wow....you've got a tidy fortune. But if you sell out, you may never buy back in.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back