THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I'm thinking of different excuses not to be working on the trim.

My little buddy
The birds have emptied the feeders in just a few hours.

Weather is calling for freezing rain.

DSCN2354.JPG

woo and i have had an exciting one… he did a fly by during the teams call 😮….!! Everyone was very excited to see him…!! 🤩
Welcome to the bird life. :icon_thumright:

PeeWee has become a regular in my meetings. For some reason, he doesn't usually talk much when other people are around -- but he will talk non-stop to a Zoom meeting. One attendee in one of the meetings even commented "I wish I had a bird that would hang around and talk while I worked." 8-)

IMG_3592.jpg

The famous Blue Jay, it can empty a feeder just to get a peanut.
Blue jays are pretty. They love raiding our cat food bowl for the kibble. They're smart enough to wait for the cat to be someplace else first.

True story: We had a blue jay sitting on our front porch one time making all kinds of racket. When we went to investigate, we saw him sitting on the steps looking at the door just squawking and flapping and making a ruckus. We thought maybe he was injured, so opened the door to see what was the matter with him. He stopped and looked at us, then flew up and landed on a tree branch about twenty feet out from the porch and about 8 feet off the ground. He continued looking at us and squawking and flapping his wings and carrying on. After a minute or so of this, we stupid humans definitely weren't getting the message, so he started jumping off the branch, swooping down three or four feet toward the ground, then back to the branch for more squawking. We finally realized there was a big blacksnake there in the grass that he was trying to draw our attention to. I went and moved the blacksnake over to the other side of the yard while the bluejay sat on the branch and watched. Once the snake was gone, I walked back and said "Is that better?", to which the jay squawked once and flew up to the top of the tree. I guess that's all he wanted.

Welcome to the bird life. :icon_thumright:

PeeWee has become a regular in my meetings. For some reason, he doesn't usually talk much when other people are around -- but he will talk non-stop to a Zoom meeting. One attendee in one of the meetings even commented "I wish I had a bird that would hang around and talk while I worked." 8-)

View attachment 2127681
Ahh so cute…!! Bless him xx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back