THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I see a few bullet casings, crotal Bell, shotgun cartridge.... what's all that doing in the bin?
New shot gun shell s aren't really a keeper, too new, too many, no real interest in them.
20210210_100029.jpg

The head stamps might be getting a display.
Bullet casings are a close second, though a future display of the various types might happen, so I have a container they'll go in.
To give you an honest answer why the Crotal bell(s) are in the bin :dontknow:
Probably a case of me getting away to do some detecting, getting back late in the day.
Then not having time to clean anything up really so the pouch sits full of the good/bad and ugly.

Then I get another reprieve from the chore list, so I go out to detect, only to find the previous GBU finds are still there.
So they got dumped into a container/box/tray
Repeat over and over.
Been sorting out the storage shop and gathering all these small containers/boxes and dumping them in the larger bin.
The Mrs asked me is the last bin?
No I replied there's still a few small containers/boxes up in the shop I've seen, but haven't dealt with them.

Now when one has too many fires lit at the same time things happen.
Overall one might say it a poor excuse, but that's the way life has been for 15 yrs, a non-stop project.

I got the big bin sorted into 2 smaller boxes which I'll wash up and sort through.
It's cool in doing this in the winter as it's refinding old finds from years ago.
Some of this is 15 - 20yrs old-as I know where I dug them in Toronto.
Here are some from the first wash up yesterday that I picked out.
20240124_075335.jpg

New shot gun shell s aren't really a keeper, too new, too many, no real interest in them.View attachment 2127635
Bullet casings are a close second, though a future display of the various types might happen, so I have a container they'll go in.
Probably a case of me getting away to do some detecting, getting back late in the day.
Then not having time to clean anything up really so the pouch sits full of the good/bad and ugly.

Then I get another reprieve from the chore list, so I go out to detect, only to find the previous GBU finds are still there.
Repeat over and over.
Been sorting out the storage shop and gathering all these small containers/boxes and dumping them in the larger bin.
No I replied there's still a few small containers/boxes up in the shop I've seen, but haven't dealt with them.

Overall one might say it a poor excuse, but that's the way life has been for 15 yrs, a non-stop project.

I got the big bin sorted into 2 smaller boxes which I'll wash up and sort through.
It's cool in doing this in the winter as it's refinding old finds from years ago.
View attachment 2127637
You've got some really nice stuff in there!

New shot gun shell s aren't really a keeper, too new, too many, no real interest in them.View attachment 2127635

Repeat over and over.

View attachment 2127637
Ah yes, nothing but scrap xD

Tho I've not been out once and has a mixed bag, I always check when I get back that I didn't throw anything good though. I've only binned the beach trash so far tho

Man, can I relate to that!
A few years back a friend asked me how it was going.
I'm just running around putting out fires.
"Jim I think you're just setting them"
So true it seems looking at this one.
But I'm never bored, that's for sure.🤣

Dear Barty…

While we may not have the treasure title… we do win the repoted finds title… 😆… !!

Kind Regards
Blossom
Grantham, Lincolnshire 😎

View attachment 2127667
And can I add that 4992 of those were blossom's & himself entries.😁

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back