THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Sometimes the treasure hunting must be put down for family....the most precious times are at hand for my son and I. I must be there for him.....my parents were absent from my life for most if not all of my life. My father has abandoned me for the 3rd, or 4th time in my life, and wants as little interaction as possible. My mom I've only briefly talked/argued with a few times in the past few years....before that no contact for 30-40 years !! So with that always at the front of my mindset, I have promised my son and myself to never have that happen in our relationship even if it means great sacrifice from me. Before I know it these times will be over....I would like to look back one day, and say I tried my absolute best to be a worthy, and successful father.....the most important thing in my life right now.....you've seen my recent video of us fishing together.....its one of the things I remember my father and I always agreeing on and enjoying together !! So proud of him when we fish together.....oh ya.....mom loves these times as much as we do too.View attachment 2124060
I'm sorry to hear that. Why.... Would anyone especially family not want to talk to you? Hang out with you? You are one of the most interesting people ever!! Are they jealous? It's just strange. :dontknow:

I'm sorry to hear that. Why.... Would anyone especially family not want to talk to you? Hang out with you? You are one of the most interesting people ever!! Are they jealous? It's just strange. :dontknow:
Something I've always wondered about too....just a big ugly mess in the beginning between the 2 of them....then the typical 80s divorce, and remarriage and a stepmother. My mother had much trouble with drugs, and alcohol 🍸 from the time she was 13, and then having me at 17....she's still going the way she always has. It was my grandparents who saved me....thank God!! I also spent a couple years in juvenile detention before my grandparents got me.....it was a mess early on !! Ya see viking.....ya never really know who your talking to online😂🤣

All in all I was damaged pretty good, like we all probably are....when you haven't had something though,....your not really aware you missed anything because you just don't know any better ? We're all damaged goods, just all damaged in our own unique ways !! Sometimes we share the same pains and experiences, and sometimes it's hard to understand what someone's suffering has been like ?

With a friend or an aquaintence I can say lose my number, don't come around, and leave me alone. That marks the end of a friendship, and it's over.....with family we must keep trying....we only get 1 father and 1 mother that are paternal. So I continue to try and have a relationship no matter how difficult and painful it can be. I love my mother and father even though some think I'm nuts for that. Plus they have taught me the most important lesson in life....don't raise a kid the way they tried too !! Its made me the best father I can be !! They succeeded where many parents dont....the lesson is the old one that goes.....don't make the same mistakes we did.

And I have a wonderful wife and my family is now all my inlaws !! They love and accept me for who I am....they support me in my art, my fishing and yachting, my treasure diving and hunting, and have shown me what a family bond truly is.....im healed because I've finally let down my guard and realized some people really do love and support me !! Im blessed !! And now we will bury uncle frank who passed this morning in my wife's arms. Frank wasn't really even an uncle....he was my mother-in-laws, sisters, boyfriend !! But for 25 years....so to make him know we loved him we called him uncle....thats the type of love this family shows people !! Aunt Jill will now come back to the keys and live with the family here...we will take care of her now.

We're all damaged goods, just all damaged in our own unique ways !!
Very well said, Bart. And not just the part I quoted. My condolences on your “uncle”. Some people are born into a family, others join by choice.

On that note,... Bart you have always been an "open book" here... and i respect that... alot.
Thanks for sharing your life with us... i for one appreciate your posts inviting us into your life.

I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

And that also goes for the rest of you scallywags.

Something I've always wondered about too....just a big ugly mess in the beginning between the 2 of them....then the typical 80s divorce, and remarriage and a stepmother. My mother had much trouble with drugs, and alcohol 🍸 from the time she was 13, and then having me at 17....she's still going the way she always has. It was my grandparents who saved me....thank God!! I also spent a couple years in juvenile detention before my grandparents got me.....it was a mess early on !! Ya see viking.....ya never really know who your talking to online😂🤣

All in all I was damaged pretty good, like we all probably are....when you haven't had something though,....your not really aware you missed anything because you just don't know any better ? We're all damaged goods, just all damaged in our own unique ways !! Sometimes we share the same pains and experiences, and sometimes it's hard to understand what someone's suffering has been like ?

With a friend or an aquaintence I can say lose my number, don't come around, and leave me alone. That marks the end of a friendship, and it's over.....with family we must keep trying....we only get 1 father and 1 mother that are paternal. So I continue to try and have a relationship no matter how difficult and painful it can be. I love my mother and father even though some think I'm nuts for that. Plus they have taught me the most important lesson in life....don't raise a kid the way they tried too !! Its made me the best father I can be !! They succeeded where many parents dont....the lesson is the old one that goes.....don't make the same mistakes we did.

And I have a wonderful wife and my family is now all my inlaws !! They love and accept me for who I am....they support me in my art, my fishing and yachting, my treasure diving and hunting, and have shown me what a family bond truly is.....im healed because I've finally let down my guard and realized some people really do love and support me !! Im blessed !! And now we will bury uncle frank who passed this morning in my wife's arms. Frank wasn't really even an uncle....he was my mother-in-laws, sisters, boyfriend !! But for 25 years....so to make him know we loved him we called him uncle....thats the type of love this family shows people !! Aunt Jill will now come back to the keys and live with the family here...we will take care of her now.
Well said Bart.
My condolences to you and your family.

Hats off to Uncle Frank.

Morning everyone :hello::coffee2:
34a84b71cb2a616d.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back