THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Something I've always wondered about too....just a big ugly mess in the beginning between the 2 of them....then the typical 80s divorce, and remarriage and a stepmother. My mother had much trouble with drugs, and alcohol 🍸 from the time she was 13, and then having me at 17....she's still going the way she always has. It was my grandparents who saved me....thank God!! I also spent a couple years in juvenile detention before my grandparents got me.....it was a mess early on !! Ya see viking.....ya never really know who your talking to online😂🤣

All in all I was damaged pretty good, like we all probably are....when you haven't had something though,....your not really aware you missed anything because you just don't know any better ? We're all damaged goods, just all damaged in our own unique ways !! Sometimes we share the same pains and experiences, and sometimes it's hard to understand what someone's suffering has been like ?

With a friend or an aquaintence I can say lose my number, don't come around, and leave me alone. That marks the end of a friendship, and it's over.....with family we must keep trying....we only get 1 father and 1 mother that are paternal. So I continue to try and have a relationship no matter how difficult and painful it can be. I love my mother and father even though some think I'm nuts for that. Plus they have taught me the most important lesson in life....don't raise a kid the way they tried too !! Its made me the best father I can be !! They succeeded where many parents dont....the lesson is the old one that goes.....don't make the same mistakes we did.

And I have a wonderful wife and my family is now all my inlaws !! They love and accept me for who I am....they support me in my art, my fishing and yachting, my treasure diving and hunting, and have shown me what a family bond truly is.....im healed because I've finally let down my guard and realized some people really do love and support me !! Im blessed !! And now we will bury uncle frank who passed this morning in my wife's arms. Frank wasn't really even an uncle....he was my mother-in-laws, sisters, boyfriend !! But for 25 years....so to make him know we loved him we called him uncle....thats the type of love this family shows people !! Aunt Jill will now come back to the keys and live with the family here...we will take care of her now.
Bart, one of life's biggest injustices is we cannot choose our relatives.

Wow....often times I'm amazed at what can be found with dedicated unwavering research.....rarley do I have to leave my couch, and some history is incredible....so many secrets that are still mostly unknown unless you're specifically searching it out !! Im also amazed when I find big mistakes and discrepancies in the transcribed narratives !!
Screenshot_20240104_225647_Chrome.jpg

Some of what I've found in ponce de Leon's log books and records seriously backs and proves just which island Columbus landed on in the new world....it also proves to me that this island opened for explorer's to use(exploit) in the immediate post Columbus landing. The fact I've uncovered is that San Salvador was in continuous use by Spaniards since the day it was discovered....as I always predicted !!

The thought of treasure from several galleons being discovered at a certain island led me to ponce de leon.....my little clue led me to find out that not only did some wreck happen here in the 17th century, but that this spot is where ponce de leon paused on his return trip from Florida in 1513....further digging in records has led me to discover that he was here for at least a week, not just a day.....and that it was the return from Florida, and not in the beginning of his quest as is mistakenly documented in several accounts.....its like finding treasure in the historical narrative.....it may be that I'm the first to search and find these subtle discrepancies!! So I started with an unknown galleon search, and I've landed on a theory about ponce de leon that may be a correction in the history written about his explorations !! This is the kind of stuff that really gets me fired up for this hobby !!

The rabbit hole is deep....names and places are often confused.....deep down I feel a connection to these explorers. My sons godfather lives a stones throw away (for real no exaggeration) from the Columbus landing monument. It turns out that ponce was here, at the exact spot I'm sure, in 1513 !! I've searched for and learned about Pedro Menendez, and more than likely have touched parts of his wreck and fleet, and now I may set foot in ponce de leons footsteps again !! On an island I feel no one has been on except shipwreck survivors, and maybe a few tourist beachcombers. I'm so amped right now !!

The thought of treasure from several galleons being discovered at a certain island led me to ponce de leon.....my little clue led me to find out that not only did some wreck happen here in the 17th century, but that this spot is where ponce de leon paused on his return trip from Florida in 1513....further digging in records has led me to discover that he was here for at least a week, not just a day.....and that it was the return from Florida, and not in the beginning of his quest as is mistakenly documented in several accounts.....its like finding treasure in the historical narrative.....it may be that I'm the first to search and find these subtle discrepancies!! So I started with an unknown galleon search, and I've landed on a theory about ponce de leon that may be a correction in the history written about his explorations !! This is the kind of stuff that really gets me fired up for this hobby !!
Good job Bart ! 🤓👍

Good job Bart ! 🤓👍
I go with the tides Dutch....where ever this job takes me I must make the best of and research out all the possibilities so I can give myself the best chance at recoveries!! Sometimes these spots can be amazing in the history rich bahamas 🇧🇸 😎

I go with the tides Dutch....where ever this job takes me I must make the best of and research out all the possibilities so I can give myself the best chance at recoveries!! Sometimes these spots can be amazing in the history rich bahamas 🇧🇸 😎
The feeling of possibly rediscovering places of history, is hard to put into words 👊👍

The feeling of possibly rediscovering places of history, is hard to put into words 👊👍
Ya it makes me giddy !! Just gotta keep the plan on track, and not let my boss cancel 😤 1 more month to research and prepare .... I may have to do some night missions with my limited time there 🤔

I carried a yellow one with rope in a coffee can in the boat in case of an overboard.
Didn't fish with it.
Found a plastic rope floating and tried to lift the axel or engine block it was tied to. I could raise it a couple inches on one end (?) but boat wanted to swamp if I pulled harder. (Too deep/stained water to actually see it.)
That's why I don't want a very strong magnet using a 12 foot boat. L.o.l..

Marine-Retrieval-Magnet-Coulor.jpg
EZ! Just use an electromagnet. :angel12:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back