THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Mornin all.

Tore up our dirt road where it wasn't frozen yesterday. Trying to back blade the mess where it meets the main road into a similar profile instead of a bouncing hopping out into traffic routine.
Worked one hills potholes where the sun thawed some..

Running day today. Double dogfood, and grocery store. Maybe even a haircut and less a wildman look.
Weather looks like crap short term. . More so next week. (Next week P.J.!)

Mornin all.

Tore up our dirt road where it wasn't frozen yesterday. Trying to back blade the mess where it meets the main road into a similar profile instead of a bouncing hopping out into traffic routine.
Worked one hills potholes where the sun thawed some..

Running day today. Double dogfood, and grocery store. Maybe even a haircut and less a wildman look.
Weather looks like crap short term. . More so next week. (Next week P.J.!)
Thanks for your heads up.
Looks like a mixed bag for a few days.
Then the slide to white.
Waiting for the temps to reach 32F mid day.
Need to put the plow on the truck.
Seems like I have caught the 2 couples that moved in, so I have been trickle charging the battery.
Seems to be holding a charge with all controls turned off.
I guess the best way to tell is to eliminate all the possibilities, then add one at a time.
Summer is a bit more comfortable for the testing of the mechanical.
Screenshot_20240105_100200_Weather Network.jpg
Screenshot_20240105_100213_Weather Network.jpg

Little desert recipe for your delight.
Now you can make this in smaller batches if you like just cut it in half and you can make it super free if you like.
24 oz tub of cool whip
16 oz small curd cottage cheese
Family pack of jello (I like cherry)
Your choice of fruit drained (I like pineapple and mandarin oranges)
Mix the cool whip ( thawed) with the cottage cheese. Then add the jello mix (powder) to the 2. Mix it all in. It should be a little thick. Then add the fruit of your choice. Mix it all together and chill over night in a covered bowl unless you live where Pep lives then just put it on the back porch 😃
It’s ready the next day.
Hope you enjoy it I know our family does. Cost is about as much as a 1/2 gallon of ice cream and a lot less fattening.

Considering the weather report totally barfed the temps today. Was reported that it would be a 33F this afternoon it got to 21F.
I started the Tundra-nothing to report on that-knock on wood.
Got the plow installed, easier than last year-:notworthy:

Got 15 boxes of personal books out of the storage in the shop, time to restock the house library.
Going to have my coin/history reference books handy again.

I left 6 boxes of my early years reference books in the storage. (It for when I lived out west in BC) might sell them as some are out of print now.

So now the regular chores of doing the food stamp/welfare hen house. :laughing7:

Hey yall I'm about to go hunt an 1860's house site in the woods. I found it while searching on old maps. I checked it out while on a hike and realized the area has a lot of modern trash around it.

Does anyone have good tips on hunting an older area with a lot of modern junky signals?

1704490478379-png.2124444

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back