THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I was out thedoor, 20 miles away and I realized I had forgotten my coat. 30F going to 59F, oh well buddy suck it up as I'm not going back.
Morning takeView attachment 2115426

Afternoon take
View attachment 2115427

Went to gold spot, manure assaulted my nostrils.
Perfect 80, same spot near the gold.
Sugar plums was jumping through the mind.View attachment 2115428

Not all 80's are created equal.View attachment 2115429

Never met up with the potential new permission.
Sun shining and working in the fields.
The finds are going nowhere.
I did meet with the gold coin permission and handed him his half of the coins gold value. 👍
Yes!

Congrats.
Haul hints of a lot going on prior.

Tired eyes but have to comment.
I've mentioned folding a spoon for a "belt" spoon. I should photo mine on a knifes heath again someday...

IF and of course it isa huge if of if your spoon could be belt or sash wearing related(the fold inside ell is generous vs narrow/tight and holding firmer with less slop) .
But , the reason I can't just shut up about it and complement all the goodies is , the danged spoon handle edge looks serrated,
How and why it next.
Most spoons are mild metaled (scrapper Jim knows such already) . Yet some are half decent for hardness too.
There's a reason butter knives got stolen at times .
The right steel though could be tempered the best it can be and tried for a crude blade.
And has me thinking about belt spoons.

Ah well. After a nap I'll be less imaginative.

Remember folks. I'm a budding famous outstanding wildlife photographer in the making.
i'm thinking around $1,200 dollars for a signed copy of this one to friends and family. Maybe $2,500 for others.
And thinking about next time learning how to turn off the flash first. I did silence the ring after a couple calls. Should try to figure out how to turn the ringer back on. Maybe.

(Disclaimer , none of the four targeted for this outstanding photo's deer in or around the photo site were harmed in the making of this outstanding photo.
One had blurry vision for a few seconds ; but it is o.k. now.)

20231116_173221.jpg

Last edited:
What is it, looks like a lion on my phone.🤣
I will accept a personal check to reserve for your exclusive copy...

I see two of the deer. The first (and I know your untrained eye won't latch onto it right away) is missing the tip of it's left ear. Unfortunately my camera (vs phone) was secure in it's case in my coat pocket. I will pursue the matter more vigorously should she be recognised again. A previous frostbite is suspected. Though it may have been a domestic dispute . Or teenage body disfiguring altering thing to upset elders. An earing torn out....Not clear quite yet.
All the more reason to nab an early edition print.
They will be numbered no more than 100,000 in a series. Before the numbers resume at #200,000 .
(Tasteful collectors like yourself it may be presumed will seek out the earliest editions.)

But such rare glimpses must be captured however they can be and preserved for posterity. (Feel free if you have a favorite top notch museum among your travels for example ; should you want to drop a hint thier way.)

I'm confident the flash did not incinerate any of them because they closed the distance from that 50 yards to around 15 yards before they staggered (only slightly) into the cover to exit photo stage left /East..

Last edited:
Well 9 years ago today we bought this little feller home.
IMG_20141116_114931023.jpg

He rescued this little bird after it hit the window.
I had him lay and watch over it.
20181005_153313.jpg

Overall he's a member of the household.
20190829_170701.jpg

Remember folks. I'm a budding famous outstanding wildlife photographer in the making.
i'm thinking around $1,200 dollars for a signed copy of this one to friends and family. Maybe $2,500 for others.
And thinking about next time learning how to turn off the flash first. I did silence the ring after a couple calls. Should try to figure out how to turn the ringer back on. Maybe.

(Disclaimer , none of the four targeted for this outstanding photo's deer in or around the photo site were harmed in the making of this outstanding photo.

View attachment 2115432
Looks like you might have blinded yourself with the flash reflecting off the scope.

I was out of the door, 20 miles away and I realized I had forgotten my coat. 30F going to 50F, oh well buddy suck it up as I'm not going back.
Morning takeView attachment 2115426

Afternoon take
View attachment 2115427

Went to gold spot, manure assaulted my nostrils.
Perfect 80, same spot near the gold.
Sugar plums was jumping through the mind.View attachment 2115428

Not all 80's are created equal.View attachment 2115429

Never met up with the potential new permission.
Sun shining and working in the fields.
The finds are going nowhere.
I did meet with the gold coin permission and handed him his half of the coins gold value. 👍
Good work Peps 😆 xx looks like you had a fun day out 😆 xx

Top of the morning, everyone!

(Which is an odd expression -- it would imply that it's all downhill from here...)

Anyway, it's morning. PeeWee says "Come on, Dad! Let's go find something cool!"

IMG_2874 (1).jpeg

View attachment 2115432
Congrats on another masterpiece RC.. well worth the asking price… but i defo see an opportunity for a series of ur prints to be made into a calendar 😎… after all Christmas is a coming… 😆 xx

Well 9 years ago today we bought this little feller home.
View attachment 2115435
He rescued this little bird after it hit the window.
I had him lay and watch over it.
View attachment 2115436
Overall he's a member of the household. View attachment 2115437
Peps please pass on to Max … he will understand if you follow the below while on all fours…. Obvs 😆

“Woof woof bark Woof, woof Bark…. (Pause to wag tail) Woof woof woof Bark, (pause to do a spin) Woofy woofy Barky Bark…” !! 🎉 🎂 xx

It says strongest recorded wind was 66 at ocean reef. I got 69 on the boats wind instruments......off shore at carysfort light was 88 !! Still cleaning up, but getting back to normal. 13 inches of rain in 24 hours !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back