THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

While enviously imagining our Peps out searching for treasure today.. made me think about all the little worms we disrupt in our quest… this kinda sums up what i imagine their life is like before we come along with our beeping machines 😂😂

IMG_9927.jpeg

Good morning everyone, for those experiencing the bad weather I hope all will be well for you. Since I'm stubborn and it's my day off I'm going to metal detect in the rain not stay home that's for sure

Mornin all.

Plan for the next one Bart.
Deadman anchors.
You get any post type material that won't rot underground , it takes effort and study to bury them just right.
Then there is either give/stretch added into in ties / guys , or a test of tensile strength.
sure an option might be concrete or coral crete. I'd want a rebar in the center though. wooden forms can be made to pour them .

No/storms like yours aren't hitting here.
I've broken oak though a mast maker might shake thier head at.
Twist type anchors hold my tarp shed. S.E. of the house as a windbreak though they haven't really been tested in their many years.

The hunting property though.
Wind is unimpeded there.
I removed a remaining earth anchor. And had seen the previous owners elevated blind the wind tipped over.
Had portable ones tore up of my own.
One staked extra after becoming a kite prior with a stake I made for tethering the boat to beach sand with a loop to stake it with another a stake. On the South side. That being a stronger wind position before winter sets in in earnest there. Oh the stake held. Blind didn't very well and suffered seam and fabric damage. Something had to either give ; or break..

Yesterdays wind probably didn't reach 20?
3/4 of the stem growth including trees all bent along.
A little hula awhile they back and forth again , then leannnn .
Give or break .
One of the few giants in site has it's top gone.
Not sure if wind related.
But if not in a clump those big trees would suffer more maybe.
But you already know well about exposure!

Hmm. any pic with those big ones next door in it by accident?
IMG_0265.JPG

Another old picture.
Note the highly annoying required tarp that had covered the boat. I did get a custom cover for it after.
From the air my property might look like a tent camp.
Fun until the wind goes wild.
Gave this boat to a young family that was good to Dad in his final years.
I liked it but it was a fight at Launches,
Yes there's cures. But I had another familier boat that's easier.

Same tarp is still covering the tarp shed in the background? Needs replaced!
Behind and left is where I have been clearing for a polebarn/garage.
But the company I was going to have build is getting red flagged more by me. And the township.
As they don't understand the permitting process and don't think the county is involved.
(Shouldn't they know? )

IMG_0088.JPG

Last edited:
Park hunts the last couple of days produced clad and a couple of those doggone titanium rings. Ugh.
Tired of digging in grass for a bit. Heading to an old mining district to explore today.
IMG_6127.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6125.jpeg
    IMG_6125.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6126.jpeg
    IMG_6126.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
Today is International Tolerance day.
I hope they mean like in a machine shop: +/- .001”. Because I can’t tolerate much of what’s going on in the world. I believe in, “do your own thing”, but not when it comes to things that are morally reprehensible.
I refuse to toss my belief system aside so that some “special of the week” can feel good about themselves. Nuf sed

Today is International Tolerance day.
I hope they mean like in a machine shop: +/- .001”. Because I can’t tolerate much of what’s going on in the world. I believe in, “do your own thing”, but not when it comes to things that are morally reprehensible.
I refuse to toss my belief system aside so that some “special of the week” can feel good about themselves. Nuf sed
Calm down!

I was pissed off yesterday at idiots. Around 4 or more of them. park on road. No not near it.
Might be my new house neighbor coughing and hacking like a T.B. victim redflagged , and shouting into phone. That must make it louder or more effective on the other end I guess? Repeatedly at intervals. But then it could have been whoever's car it was too. But, that's just a sample.

I hopped in the truck after hunt and drove up and down the dirt road like...An idiot! they might think I was not happy after my whistling and greeting Ot-Ya-Der! and swearing loud?

Fighting the urge to bring some loud noisemaking stuff. Leftover fireworks maybe.
Because apparently deer need lots of loud noise when people are quietly waiting to observe them. (?)

We'll see how tonight goes. L.o.l..

Lot of people got caught by mother nature last night !!"neighbor has 6 inches of water in his house. One fatality on the highway fhis morn. Roads closed, trees down, houses damaged, and boats sunk all over the keys !!

I was out of the door, 20 miles away and I realized I had forgotten my coat. 30F going to 50F, oh well buddy suck it up as I'm not going back.
Morning take
20231116_121155.jpg

Afternoon take
20231116_130622.jpg

Went to gold spot, manure assaulted my nostrils.
Perfect 80, same spot near the gold.
Sugar plums was jumping through the mind.
20231116_141012.jpg

Not all 80's are created equal.
20231116_141124.jpg

Never met up with the potential new permission.
Sun shining and working in the fields.
The finds are going nowhere.
I did meet with the gold coin permission and handed him his half of the coins gold value. 👍

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back