THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Another long weekend about to be put to bed... along with myself... after this Stella.

My story is a continuance of a very long one...

but short sweet and simple on this day.

So..... good night my sweet online friends... i hope to see each and all of you in the a.m

IMG_4464.gif

Looks like it has a stash area midspan.
Well you had me wondering, working, weeping, or just plain whimpy.
I puffed, huffed, grunted and said .... it.
Brass bowl, brass mouth piece, steel in between.
That sucker is so stuck, it going stay stashed.

Now how do you know about stash?
We didn't have much for puzzles in the 60's and 70's. Transformers and fidget spinners weren't out yet. slinkies got old quick.
So we had to make do. Some pipes had lots of parts and could be reconfigured....Or so I heard.
A stash getting gummed up in relation to a concert pre 1980 was heard of. Maybe seen. Possibly felt.
I have a ticket stub somewhere.

I found a shop made small brass pipe on a trail in the woods when I was innocently young. Now... I didn't know it was a pot pipe. Neither did my step-Dad who put it in his pipe rack.( He'd carved/hollowed acorns before and put a toothpick or whittled stick in them for a stem. Just a toy pipe for the kid. no , if he knew what it was I'd have caught heck and the pot pipe would be gone. )
I could play with the pot pipe when I wanted , but those who knew the deal with what it really was ; said nothing!
That would include at least two of my siblings. Plus step family members.

Funny stuff , in hindsight.

Well you had me wondering, working, weeping, or just plain whimpy.
I puffed, huffed, grunted and said .... it.
Brass bowl, brass mouth piece, steel in between.
That sucker is so stuck, it going stay stashed.
Good place to hide a diamond!
(Ahh well. It could have got you to twist on it some more. )

Resin can get sticky and harden after. Plus fine threads. And in your example , good ol dissimilar metals corroding/fusing.
Pine pitch for example wants tempered to increase it's working strength and add a slight pliability after curing/hardening..
Without going overboard, a stash often has all it needs to bind up if overtightened. Even if empty.

A fireworks viewing area has turned up parts.
No complete pipe yet.
Both cases seem slightly odd.
Largest coin was recovered there. That merits going back.
A former farmstead and barn's bulldozed debris path goes through there though.
Those rooftop antennas with all the metal tubes? Lota and lots of them for reception in distant locations?
There's pieces of one for ..A hundred yards maybe.
And they all insist they are silver .

Good morning everyone.

The twins were right outside the window yesterday. Literally could have reached out and touched them if not for the window glass. Apparently both are bucks.

IMG_5916.jpeg

Coffee time....I never had a cup until I was 35.....first cup felt like cocaine and had me so amped I was kinda scared. Now the warm, soothing black liquid is like an old friend greeting me for breakfast every morning!!🤗🤗😋😋

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back