THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning pirates and piratesses!

1699788776770.gif

Inside the shed. Ugh! More pottery!View attachment 2114666

@robertk note the “railroad spikes,” in multiple pics. Lol
I’m just gonna leave them as attachments. Look at them if you’re interested in seeing all my cra…. I mean finds.
There’s one thing I am curious to know what it is. It’s on top of the bucket. Also, why do I gotta save every bone I find?

I got the tumbler going, started painting. And now I am finding more glass and crap in my kitchen cabinet. 🤪
Nice workshop shed, it looks well made with the studwall construction. If you insulate the walls & put up pegboard for paneling you can sort your finds in comfort all winter using a small space heater. The pegboard panels allow for all kinds of attachments to hang tools, baskets, etc.

Nice workshop shed, it looks well made with the studwall construction. If you insulate the walls & put up pegboard for paneling you can sort your finds in comfort all winter using a small space heater. The pegboard panels allow for all kinds of attachments to hang tools, baskets, etc.
Thank you. Hubby’s a finish carpenter so he does pretty well with the wood projects. He was thinking of putting 2x4 boards in between the studs for shelves. And I have a 1935 magic chef stove that I want to put in there. He had an idea for the flooring to set it on. We just haven’t gotten around to it yet. The stove sits outside of our barn on the concrete, under a roof and covered with an old vinyl patio umbrella cover. Gaudy as 🤬! Somewhat protected from the weather. He told me he is not running electric or water out to the shed. I picked up the utility sink at a garage sale for $4.00 and bought a bunch of hose to run out there for cleaning. Maybe I’ll get on that next year? IDK when it’s nice enough to clean, it’s nice enough to dig. 😂

Ya know I love bottles, but not that much! Lol I think the most I paid for a bottle is $75/8
I really restores my faith that glass is still worth something.
When my mother passed they liquidated most of the assets.
I had no say in what happened, nor the interest at the time to get into the family issues.
The root cellar contained over 600 bottles, sold for $600.
The shed is sitting on a pit of around 800 bottles, lot of them the early machine made medicine, Eno type bottles.
One sibling gleaned the collection for years to supplement her store.
The rest is in storage or sold, as I haven't touched the subject for a decade.
One never knows what sits in the dirt still.
And the hope for a intact keeper is a great day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back