THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

And good evening my lovely lot, hope you have had a fab Sunday! Xx

well the day has come and we were off to friends house to chop tree down, and introduce them to the art of treasure hunting! 🥳 I don’t know who was more excited xx

will do my best to paint a picture of this place. It was once the site of a Roman settlement, bordered by the river Trent on 2 sides it formed a sort of island. Now the Trent is on one side and the land around has been drained, so the road ends at the village. The Romans built a stone causeway across the river, but once the Trent became to big to cross using the ford, a ferry was used. my friends house sits between the river and the site of the Roman settlement of Segelocom (now called Littleborough) and now it is just a few house and a Gorgeous church.

The church is made from Roman bricks and Anglo Saxon herringbone masonry. Here are some pics, (the Red Cross on the map shows my friends house) we did not find much in her garden, some Toy cars, lead, and some modern bits, but we really need to spend longer swinging and less chatting 😆 last pic is looking back at my friends house 😆 xx

IMG_0361.jpeg
IMG_9887.jpeg
IMG_9890.jpeg
IMG_9891.jpeg
IMG_9901.jpeg
IMG_9892.jpeg
IMG_9893.jpeg
IMG_9895.jpeg
IMG_9896.jpeg
IMG_9897.jpeg
IMG_9898.jpeg
IMG_9899.jpeg
IMG_9894.jpeg
IMG_9902.jpeg
IMG_9903.jpeg
IMG_9904.jpeg

well the day has come and we were off to friends house to chop tree down, and introduce them to the art of treasure hunting! 🥳 I don’t know who was more excited xx

will do my best to paint a picture of this place. It was once the site of a Roman settlement, bordered by the river Trent on 2 sides it formed a sort of island. Now the Trent is on one side and the land around has been drained, so the road ends at the village. The Romans built a stone causeway across the river, but once the Trent became to big to cross using the ford, a ferry was used. my friends house sits between the river and the site of the Roman settlement of Segelocom (now called Littleborough) and now it is just a few house and a Gorgeous church.

The church is made from Roman bricks and Anglo Saxon herringbone masonry. Here are some pics, (the Red Cross on the map shows my friends house) we did not find much in her garden, some Toy cars, lead, and some modern bits, but we really need to spend longer swinging and less chatting 😆 last pic is looking back at my friends house 😆 xx

View attachment 2114789View attachment 2114790View attachment 2114791View attachment 2114792View attachment 2114793View attachment 2114794View attachment 2114795View attachment 2114796View attachment 2114797View attachment 2114798View attachment 2114799View attachment 2114800View attachment 2114801View attachment 2114802View attachment 2114803View attachment 2114804
What a lovely setting. 😍 Those strap hinges on the door.
The whole smells of sweet history.

View attachment 2114789View attachment 2114790View attachment 2114791View attachment 2114792View attachment 2114793View attachment 2114794View attachment 2114795View attachment 2114796View attachment 2114797View attachment 2114798View attachment 2114799View attachment 2114800View attachment 2114801View attachment 2114802View attachment 2114803View attachment 2114804
I love the beautiful masonry church!!

What a lovely setting. 😍 Those strap hinges on the door.
The whole smells of sweet history.
Agree 100%… there is a definite unique goosebumpy feel here, I was all for throwing himself into the river to see if he could find treasure in its murky depths… but apparently that was a silly idea, far to deep, far to fast flowing, and far too cold… 🙄 so I’ve renamed him the fun sponge…. 😂😂 xx

Agree 100%… there is a definite unique goosebumpy feel here, I was all for throwing himself into the river to see if he could find treasure in its murky depths… but apparently that was a silly idea, far to deep, far to fast flowing, and far too cold… 🙄 so I’ve renamed him the fun sponge…. 😂😂 xx
I had an offer to go look for a cannon.
🌶 and 💧?
How deep sir?
10ft
I'll check with some divers.
🌶 do have a magnet?

That might work if it's steel, or the carriage had steel.
Pepper it might be stuck in the mud and and loose the magnet.

🌶 🤔 💭 Not if the rope is 💪 enough 🙂

🌶 I have 4 sites on my property.
When the corn is off your welcome to look.
I found a brass button once with my cheap
unit.
Thank you sir.

Corn is difficult, silage is this high, fuel corn stalks are this high.

We'll see what we can do.
I need to call the harvesting permission and say drop the head down for the 🌶 please.

I had an offer to go look for a cannon.
🌶 and 💧?
How deep sir?
10ft
I'll check with some divers.
🌶 do have a magnet?

That might work if it's steel, or the carriage had steel.
Pepper it might be stuck in the mud and and loose the magnet.

🌶 🤔 💭 Not if the rope is 💪 enough 🙂

🌶 I have 4 sites on my property.
When the corn is off your welcome to look.
I found a brass button once with my cheap
unit.
Thank you sir.

Corn is difficult, silage is this high, fuel corn stalks are this high.

We'll see what we can do.
I need to call the harvesting permission and say drop the head down for the 🌶 please.
Oh forgot this offer is from a walking encyclopedia of local history.
My mind is doing a🥴.
Site here, site there, did you know there was one there, and there.
The historical atlas missed so many homes back in 1862.
🌶 have a older map 1842
🌶 needs not to drool at a public gathering. 🤣

The old saying has it that if he's not really a witch , he'll float... :laughing7:

Beautiful!

One more reason to ban Archeologists from the ocean.

Which magic ocean is it again that is storm free and everything that hits bottom remains immaculate as is and un influenced?
It basically boils down something as simple as ego's....... and as we all know... MONEY...
They cannot stand the fact someone else gets the attention or glory for finding or discovering.
AND...
They sure as hell dont want anyone else besides them profiting from it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back